Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Gethsemane ,buying Pendles in 8 weeks ago not my best move of the year ,ultra inconsistant. Biting the bullett before he drops another $25k ,trading him to Redden who hit form this time last year ,BE 35.$438,700.

Well for starters pendles is averaging 14 points more. Has many more tons then Redden this year as well. Just becauase Redden finished strong last year doesnt mean he will again. Gaff Yeo Shuey and prob sheed all ahead of him in the pecking order. That was not the case last year.

Well for starters pendles is averaging 14 points more. Has many more tons then Redden this year as well. Just becauase Redden finished strong last year doesnt mean he will again. Gaff Yeo Shuey and prob sheed all ahead of him in the pecking order. That was not the case last year.
Not to mention Sheed also.

DirtyIdealBasilisk-small.gif

So tempted to yolo my last 6 trades...

With 2 this week I can be reasonably happy and with pretty good cover, 4 trades left for the run home.

But I so want to do the following...

Rd15:
Milera/Smith to Rich
Rocky to Sloane

Rd16:
Answerth to Owies/Hayden
Duursma to Stewart/Laird

2 trades left to try survive

So tempted to yolo my last 6 trades...

With 2 this week I can be reasonably happy and with pretty good cover, 4 trades left for the run home.

But I so want to do the following...

Rd15:
Milera/Smith to Rich
Rocky to Sloane

Rd16:
Answerth to Owies/Hayden
Duursma to Stewart/Laird

2 trades left to try survive

Do it - except Duursma to Whitfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still battling to decide on Sloane or Bont.

With plans of bringing in Hurn in a few weeks..should probs go the cheaper option.
...fallen short of desired upgrades by $500 and 2.5k already this year and it hurt.
Do not want to fall short again.
With this in mind, who would you guys bring in the mid for 533k or less.
Already have Brouch.

Nice side mate. I don't think the DEF/MID link is necessary given your 2 x MID/FWD's in Worpel + Gray. My trade play would be Hore > Logue + Duursma > Ryan (plays your mob) this week. Ryan has a huge ceiling, and if you haven't been watching much Freo - is in contention for an AA spot. Playing amazing footy.

I do think Sloane is the play though. He's your key to the ultimate rise in the rankings. Given a lot of teams above you will have Brouch/Mrouch, Sloane might be on the lower end of their want list. Adelaides draw over the next few games is awesome too.

How about Setterfield > Worpel swap (so Worpel is F7)

Setterfield > Sloane + Hore > Logue?

You're right; my DEF is my weakest of the two with Hore and Duursma holding down D5/D6, but I don't think I can miss out on Sloane - especially with your very good point about some teams in the Top 70 may already have the Crouch brothers.

Just not sure about punting Hore. I feel last weekend was his one off week amongst what has been a pretty good run of games.

Also, feel as though if I get Sloane at the expense of Setters, it would be overkill to have Gray on the bench in MIDs and Worpel on the bench up FWD - especially given Gray's DPP cover for MID/FWD. Given Worpel's high BE it's probably the time to cash him in and use the cash to fund ROB > Gawn and stash away the left over for the remaining 4 other trades when needed.

Thanks for your reply mate! :thumbsu:

2 trades next week to upgrade Baker and Duursma or maybe 1 up 1 down for Rockliff if he doesn't come back in which is more probable.

Then 4 or 5 trades in the kitty for the run home.

What a s**t year. Again.

Nice team, but I really don't think you need Sloane. Your forward line all have 100+ averages and your top 5 mids all average over 115. You are doing really well there. I think you need another defender. I would probably spend a bit of your bank and get rid of Gardner for Logue. Will cost you $60k of your bank, but Logue is scoring well enough to play on field at the moment, and Gardner might not play again this year. If Naish gets dropped (quite possible with all the tigers coming back in) then you will have no defence cover. If you are happy to trade out Gardner, you could go Garnder> Logue and Duursma> Ryan. Then next week, Worpel> mid forward swing rookie (Cameron perhaps) and then ROB> Gawn. Improves your team and gives you better cover in defence as well. Just my 2c. Good luck which ever way you go.

Wow, I never considered trading out Gardner - now I'm in two minds again! Haha!

But I do love this idea, means I have a semi-solid DEF bench with Naish and Logue. Trouble is, I don't have anyone to loop in Logue's scores, so he may be languishing on the bench, or forced to choose between him and Hore/Duursma for the last spot.

Or I could take the same trade path virtually (in a roundabout way), but get instant cash injection by going Duursma/Hore > Logue, and use that cash to fund my ROB > Gawn trade and then bank the remainder to go Gardner > fallen premo (Sicily) when the time is right. This overall route gives me the instant cash I need to upgrade ROB > Gawn.

Just not sure of your suggested trade of Worpel > mid forward swing rookie. Setters fills that role on my FWD bench already, and if I was to go Worpel > Sloane, it would mean Gray fills that swining MID/FWD role on the bench.

My initial plan is as follows...

Round 15
Duursma > Logue ($221,100 + $219,300 CURRENTLY IN BANK = $440,400 TOTAL)
Worpel > Sloane ($440,400 - $59,400 = $381,000 TOTAL)

Round 16
ROB ($500k~) > Gawn ($730~) ($381,000 - $230,000 = $151,000 TOTAL REMAINING)

4 trades remaining (upgrade Hore > Whitfield/Laird)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back