Trades Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGrath has just made my decision for me.
I'll have to target value in Williams from Thurlow instead of Houli.
Leaves me $300k in the kitty for next week to a triple 'premo' swap of McGrath/Brayspud and Bailey Smith.
Might be able to get Taranto/Danger and Zorko for the money. Or worst case Dunkley over Taranto if money is tight.

Hmmm. Still can't decide whether it's Fyfe or Bailey Smith that goes. Scale of Hardness has Fyfe's run home being easier...

Probably keep Fyfe but that’s tricky!

This round's anxieties:

- Gus. Trade him or trade Bailey Smith? (Cogs gets another reprieve, I think)

He was certainly bad last week, but it's only one out of four. Bailey Smith's bye average is 70; Gus's last four average is 83—although his two-game average is less impressive, 64.5. Smith's breakeven is 72 so he shouldn't lose money, but Gus's is 63, so if he beats Bailey's average that's extra points and cash. Ugh. I'm probably overthinking it, and I've already made 110k from Gus...

- Is Houli a trap?

A lot of people seem to be getting him this week which I guess is good (we're all in the same boat if he spuds), but he's still expensive, and that's cash that I could use to get Max instead.

For some reason I currently have Rotham at D6 (nice BE when I got him at least), so I'm basically looking at fielding Rotham + Gawn vs Houli + Draper. Any Eagles fans have thoughts on Rotham tonight? [Bolding for attention.] I guess you're all stuck at work!

Also: why do I always leave things until the last minute? And finally sorry I'm doing that thing where I post first and then read the thread, so sorry if y'all are already talking about this.

Re Houli
Not that expensive!

Also keep Cogs - good fixtures and no Jelly.

Cripps to Taranto I think. With the knee iffy I think Ill just move off and with Tarantos ceiling and Jelly out it could work well. Or not but Ill give it a go. Means I have a stupid amount of cash ready for next week but means Bell turns to a premium next week. Also for anyone chasing JPK, heard somewhere that horse said he was going to rest JPK and Parker up forward a bit now to see what the younger guys can do. Probably not as good for those boys then? Thought Id mention. Dont actually know if thats gonna be good or bad but suspect less mid time = bad.

...I'm basically looking at fielding Rotham + Gawn vs Houli + Draper.

Rotham: 72
Draper: 42

Of course I fielded Draper and traded Rotham to Houli, so let's hope Houli goes big and Gawn says, you know what, let's take the week off and rest up for next week when I'll be coming into a lot of fantasy teams for that big spud from Essendon.

Now just waiting for Gawn to hit his B.E or close to rub in the fact I based my trades on Draper bridging that cash gap to Gawn so grabbed Houli this week (for Thurlow)
Thurlow probably beat Houli.

Some talk on our board that Keidean Coleman will debut....not 170K (198k) but a M/F - might be a decent option if he does.

Yup....is an in for this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So my trades have cost me 92 points onfield

(And +41 for bench as I went Woodcock to X.O'Neill)

All based on bridging the Draper to Gawn $ requirement (Held Draper R2, got Houli instead of Gawn)
So after lockout, I'll get a final dollar picture of what I gave up 92 points for.

Rucks don't seem to be scoring all that well against Sydney so I'm not sure Gawn hits that 132 B.E. but nearly every time I avoid trades on crazy high break evens, the player hits it somehow.
Season high of 131 v Richmond but that was at full health and not in the compressed batch of games.

Might play Draper R2 and continue to bridge the dollar gap. (Realistically getting Gawn back for final 2 games)

Houli vs Freo seems a good get this week after the other seagulls in Lloyd (102) & Whitfield (111) went alright over the last 2 weeks.
Note to self..
Find time machine and get Gawn instead of Houli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back