Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Duncan will have to go, what a disaster that trade in was. Cheers for the 62, DNP, DNP (bye), 71 & 8. Now thinking ill trade him to Grundy this round if he is back and then i can complete my forwardline a week later with a downgrade/upgrade. That way ill still have 3 trades for injuries from round 16 onwards. Its not ideal as i will end up keeping Laird @ M8 and all 3 of Cumming, Markov & Newman in defence but i think its the best move to save trades.

Hind -> Zorko

Maybe Ledwards? Not convinced on his JS though

double downgrade:

OUT - Duncan, Jones
IN - Edwards, Amartey

- both rookies appear to be above average - so why not ?!
- leaves me with 6 trades
- Jordan(M7), Powell(M8), Flynn(R2), Robertson(F6) all need future upgrades

Only 6 trades left and not much cash. I might just sit on this group of misfits for a few weeks, unless neither of Grundy or Reeves play this week. In which case I'd probably sideways Reeves > Amartey

View attachment 1159996
Group of misfits? Your team is basically completed apart from Heeney, who will be an easy sideways to Danger. You also still have CCJ and Kosi to cash in to upgrade 2 of Impey/Hepp/Ridley to better premos

1624195061108.png
Team after trades of Jones to rookie (fwd, mid or def) and Scott to Zorko

Getting Poulter to Danger should be simple enough

But Markov to Mills later on will cost a lot, will take a while for Bianco/Newcombe to fatten to fund the Markov upgrade.

Zorko seems like the only fwd worth getting but maybe his role changes with Neale back in the side? Going with someone cheaper like I.Smith would allow me to upgrade Markov quicker. Need to think about that this week

Group of misfits? Your team is basically completed apart from Heeney, who will be an easy sideways to Danger. You also still have CCJ and Kosi to cash in to upgrade 2 of Impey/Hepp/Ridley to better premos

Yeh I could. There's a fine balancing act with trades remaining (6) and rounds to play (9) though. Heeney is in my completed team regardless of current average which looks worse than it is. When he is fully fit (I hope he is now after having a break) he's a 90 ave DT forward.

Ideally I will get Danger via a Kosi > cheap Def or Mid rookie and CCJ > Danger in a few weeks time. I could then play Dusty as a M9/F7 swingman.

Last edited:
View attachment 1160048
Team after trades of Jones to rookie (fwd, mid or def) and Scott to Zorko

Getting Poulter to Danger should be simple enough

But Markov to Mills later on will cost a lot, will take a while for Bianco/Newcombe to fatten to fund the Markov upgrade.

Zorko seems like the only fwd worth getting but maybe his role changes with Neale back in the side? Going with someone cheaper like I.Smith would allow me to upgrade Markov quicker. Need to think about that this week

Excellent looking team! Kudos to you. How many trades left after the Zorko upgrade?

12 trades left and $180k in the bank. Thinking Jones & RCD to Amartey & Edwards this week. That will net me enough cash to do Robertson to whichever MID I want next week. Problem is all the gun MIDs have low BE's this week.

Will only need 1 more MID and 1 FWD to finish my team after that after moving Laird back to DEF.

Danger should finish off my FWD's in a few weeks, then can look to upgrade Ridley to Mills and Phillips to Smith. Nothing ever seems to go to plan tho..
R14.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a lot of downgradable cash on them benches, might want to consider a cheaper option than Zorko if you plan upgrading both Poulter and Markov.
I think Zorko might be too important as a fwd. Poulter to Danger should be easy enough.
If I want to get rid off markov ASAP then I might have to go to Hous/Haynes instead of saving up for Mills.
Both those upgrades to Danger and Hous/Haynes shouldn’t be more than 100k each

12 trades left and $180k in the bank. Thinking Jones & RCD to Amartey & Edwards this week. That will net me enough cash to do Robertson to whichever MID I want next week. Problem is all the gun MIDs have low BE's this week.

Will only need 1 more MID and 1 FWD to finish my team after that after moving Laird back to DEF.

Danger should finish off my FWD's in a few weeks, then can look to upgrade Ridley to Mills and Phillips to Smith. Nothing ever seems to go to plan tho..
View attachment 1160219

You have heaps of trades left for this time of the season and 180k to spend & have at least 4 on-field upgrades to go yet you're doing a double downgrade this week? You can't always wait for all your rookies to have high b/e's before culling. Need to be a bit more aggressive with your upgrading. I don't understand why you didn't cull RCD last week while we had so many trades at our disposal? RCD > Briggs (via Dev to Mid bench for the swing with Poulter) would have netted you almost 200k and you could be doing a double-up this week.

As far as Rd15 trades go you really should be doing a 1 up & 1 down. Bring in the best scoring mid that you can afford.

Last edited:
I think Zorko might be too important as a fwd. Poulter to Danger should be easy enough.
If I want to get rid off markov ASAP then I might have to go to Hous/Haynes instead of saving up for Mills.
Both those upgrades to Danger and Hous/Haynes shouldn’t be more than 100k each

You don't have nearly enough cash gen for Zorko, Danger and Mills. Need to be realistic here.

You have heaps of trades left for this time of the season and 180k to spend & have at least 4 on-field upgrades to go yet you're doing a double downgrade this week? You can't always wait for all your rookies to have high b/e's before culling. Need to be a bit more aggressive with your upgrading. I don't understand why you didn't cull RCD last week while we had so many trades at our disposal? RCD > Briggs (via Dev to Mid bench for the swing with Poulter) would have netted you almost 200k and you could be doing a double-up this week.

As far as Rd15 trades go you really should be down a 1up 1 down. Bring in the best scoring mid that you can afford.
Yep agree that I should have done RCD>Briggs, decent stuff up. Am planning on building the stongest team possible to take out my cash league which means I needed to try to max most of my rookies.

I guess I could go RCD & Poulter/Phillips > Amartey and Bont/Wines/Steele/Kelly/Neale/Guthrie this week. No idea yet which one to choose tho.. If Parish is still killing it when Shiel comes back, he will be my final MID

You don't have nearly enough cash gen for Zorko, Danger and Mills. Need to be realistic here.
I have 300k in the bank right now to downgrade Jones and upgrade Scott to Zorko
Poulter to Danger will only be 100k, easily achieved with Madden, who might get dropped around this time anyway
Then I have Bianco, Newc and Amartey left as cash cows to upgrade Markov

Hi all, long time lurker here! Sorry to trouble, but does anyone have the BEs for Dangerfield and Gaff this week? Over the next fortnight, am mooting something like:
  1. Heppell -> Gaff
  2. Poulter -> Danger
Thanks heaps in advance!

Was looking at bringing in Neale but then he's likely to cop the O'Connor tag again. I then looked at Mitchell but he's probably going to get the tag from De Boer. Even worse.
Bloody taggers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back