Game Day Round 15 vs Brisbane (BCNA Pink Lady Match)

I'm still not entirely sure how we're favourites, especially without Max, but here we are.

The small forward line is an interesting move considering our overwhelming tendency to kick inside 50 like we're trying to bring down a satellite; so either our method changes, or Harris Andrews takes a world record number of intercept marks.

Lastly, can the real Christian Petracca please stand up? We miss you.

Good luck tonight friends. Hopefully no injuries and both clubs play each other into form. I expect the Demons can't afford to lose this and will throw everything at this game to get the four points. Losing 4 in a low would be a huge blow in any teams premiership campaign. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the Demons by 2-3 goals is where I expect this will end up.

The small forward line is an interesting move considering our overwhelming tendency to kick inside 50 like we're trying to bring down a satellite; so either our method changes, or Harris Andrews takes a world record number of intercept marks.
Or we inadvertently knock the International Space Station out of orbit with one of our I50 entries, sending it crashing down on top of Harris Andrews, and resulting in him being subbed out of the game with ISS-related concussion.

Our small forwards end up being nimble enough to avoid the ensuing wreckage, resulting in a 4 goal win to the Dees.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
What’s everyone’s thoughts on moving Trac to mainly a forward role?

Thought this was an unusually good discussion given the standards of modern footy media. Bull-forward: Can Petracca reload Melbourne’s misfiring attack?

Biggest drawback to Trac going forward though is he could easily have 6 shots and not kick a goal. You don’t get that with Martin or De Goey

Thought this was an unusually good discussion given the standards of modern footy media. Bull-forward: Can Petracca reload Melbourne’s misfiring attack?

Biggest drawback to Trac going forward though is he could easily have 6 shots and not kick a goal. You don’t get that with Martin or De Goey

Na... biggest drawback imo is oppo's only have to worry about Oliver pretty much.

The forward line wont function any better with Trac in there using the same s**t method we have been. Fix our entries before we worry about plonking mids down there as a point of difference.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

God I hope you do. Our biggest problem in the last month has been conceding scores from clearance - lost the freo game. Plus from memory Trac is not a great set shot?

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our pressure around the ball and inability to defend the space of the G has been abysmal the last 3 weeks.

If we bring that for four quarters we will probably win.

Bringing in Bedford should assist with that. Need Kozz up and about to get some scores off turnovers as well.

Carn Dees.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who's up for a bit of Thursday night disappointment?

We've been so grim to watch the last 3 weeks, just hope we play a more free flowing game and actually lower the eyes going inside 50 for a change.

Just can't see us winning this though unfortunately, Lions by 17.

I could actually do without this match. I was quite enjoying the past couple of weeks not having to think about Melbourne.

Let’s fold
Loved all the free time I had the past couple of weeks pretending football didn't exist.

I could actually do without this match. I was quite enjoying the past couple of weeks not having to think about Melbourne.

Let’s fold
Indeed!

Melbourne have an unbelievable capacity to make me dislike football. After a premiership and 10 wins on the trot, I'm already hating football after only 3 loses.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would have been playing bball tonight and missing most the 2nd half. Instead I have covid so will have to watch like always.

The distraction would have been nice.

Big (more realistic) hope is we dominate centre clearances with Dogga and get the ball in quick enough that our forwards have 1 on 1s, we kick straight and transition from D50 to F50 and pressure isn't much of a factor.

Or we start doing everyone well again. That would be sick.

Back