Review Round 15 vs North Melbourne @ Blundstone Arena (26.06.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

We just need to get through this week unscathed since the draw opens up for the following 5 games...........

Danger game this one. North are putting together some good footy and are so close to winning another game! We need to be on our A game if we really want to beat this mob.

If the boys don't think we should be worrying about what is happening at the club then they need to get out on the park on Saturday and win to show proof. C'mon boys!

Last 2 weeks have shown North can be very dangerous in Hobart. Went toe to toe with both GWS and Brisbane. Very nervous but I reckon we should still be expecting to win this one

20 point loss, dew to make forced changes swallow weller out, macpherson ainsworth in i reckon. When we should be bringing them both in and corbett townsend, possibly brodie & Sharp. team is getting stale

I’m hoping for 5 direct player changes to the team. 2 forced, 3 unforced. Then maybe some position changes for a few others. Anything less is a farce.

Here are some options:
1. Graham out, Collins in. Graham could have been worse, but Collins is always better.

2. Weller out, Atkins/Sharpe in. Sharpe got more of the ball in the VFL, but Atkins is a better kick (a high percentage of GA and score involvements) = less bombs, more bullets, more goals! Will fill the role of Weller while he recovers. (Hopefully a few weeks off does Weller good). Luko could move up the ground as well if we would rather move the magnets rather than bring in a similar player from the twos.

3. Swallow out, Ainsworth in. He’s had several weeks in a row of good form. Tore it up on the weekend. Deserves a recall to replace our captain as a forward/mid and bring some energy.

4. Day/Burgess out, Corbett in. Another deserving recall. No idea why he was out from one bad game. We need him his sticky mitts and aerial aerobics to take some pressure off King and help our ‘bomb and hope’ strategy… One of Burgess or Day stays to ruck chop-out. Smith needs all the help he can get when he takes on Goldy (wouldn’t even dream of debuting Moyle for ruck battle)

5. The fifth change is based on how we move the magnets around.

— Bowes played up the ground in the last quarter, leaving the door open for Farrah to return to the backline and leave Bowes on the interchange or taking Swallow’s place in the mids.

— Someone like Townsend could be a like-for-like swap with Holman, or offer some enforcing instead of Sexton, Rankine or Flanders. Could offer on field leadership and toughness too. I’m mindful of having too slow a forward line, so Sexton or Rankine might have to stay (if not both) for their speed and X factor.

— McPherson could come in as the sub instead of Fiorini. Fiorini could also stay sub or take Swallow’s spot in the mids or interchange. Brodie is a similar player to Swallow and could be an option. However, no more than one of these players should be in the main team to keep our mids balanced.

There’s a bunch of changes (which could include position swaps or swapping players and the medical sub around). I won’t be holding my breath, but let’s see if we can inject some spark for a game that the club’s declining stocks hang on!

Last edited:
I’m hoping for 5 direct player changes to the team. 2 forced, 3 unforced. Then maybe some position changes for a few others. Anything less is a farce.

Here are some options:
1. Graham out, Collins in. Graham could have been worse, but Collins is always better.

2. Weller out, Atkins/Sharpe in. Sharpe got more of the ball in the VFL, but Atkins is a better kick (a high percentage of GA and score involvements) = less bombs, more bullets, more goals! Will fill the role of Weller while he recovers. (Hopefully a few weeks off does Weller good). Luko could move up the ground as well if we would rather move the magnets rather than bring in a similar player from the twos.

3. Swallow out, Ainsworth in. He’s had several weeks in a row of good form. Tore it up on the weekend. Deserves a recall to replace our captain as a forward/mid and bring some energy.

4. Day/Burgess out, Corbett in. Another deserving recall. No idea why he was out from one bad game. We need him his sticky mitts and aerial aerobics to take some pressure off King and help our ‘bomb and hope’ strategy… One of Burgess or Day stays to ruck chop-out. Smith needs all the help he can get when he takes on Goldy (wouldn’t even dream of debuting Moyle for ruck battle)

5. The fifth change is based on how we move the magnets around.

— Bowes played up the ground in the last quarter, leaving the door open for Farrah to return to the backline and leave Bowes on the interchange or taking Swallow’s place in the mids.

— Someone like Townsend could be a like-for-like swap with Holman, or offer some enforcing instead of Sexton, Rankine or Flanders. Could offer on field leadership and toughness too. I’m mindful of having too slow a forward line, so Sexton or Rankine might have to stay (if not both) for their speed and X factor.

— McPherson could come in as the sub instead of Fiorini. Fiorini could also stay sub or take Swallow’s spot in the mids or interchange. Brodie is a similar player to Swallow and could be an option. However, no more than one of these players should be in the main team to keep our mids balanced.

There’s a bunch of changes (which could include position swaps or swapping players and the medical sub around). I won’t be holding my breath, but let’s see if we can inject some spark for a game that the club’s declining stocks hang on!
Holman definitely needs to come out he's been terribly out of form post bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance COVID restrictions ease and NM decide to shift the game back to Marvel to play in front of crowds?

Watching the game on the weekend it was hard not to imagine that your team with big hard bodies at both ends would just stand up do much better .... May, Dixon, Lynch type players .... hope you can get up over North this week

If there has ever been a week to swing the axe this is it. God knows Dew needs to try something. Freshen the team up and try something different.

Outs: Graham, Swallow, Weller, Sexton, Fiorini, Holman, Day
Ins: Collins, Farrar, Corbett, Ainsworth, Jefrrey, Ainsworth, Darcy / Brodie.

Burgess to go back.
Id like to see Bowes in the mid rotations as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back