Autopsy Round 15 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Sunday 26th June, 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam day needs to come in for Graham

Can’t be having 2-4 goals kicked on u week in week out.
Most which he isn’t even in the TV screen

And to double fist the ball for a behind when we are a goal behind with 3mins to go.
Just mark the bloody thing.

And to double fist the ball for a behind when we are a goal behind with 3mins to go.
I have never been critical of Graham but he had some bad errors today.

You guys were robbed by a few home town calls/non-calls at the business end of the game.

Ridiculous HTB against Miller .

Looked like he got a legit handball away as he was tackled but the ump couldn't wait to blow his whistle.

Pity the officials didn't show the same enthusiasm for the whistle when GC could easily have got a couple in the last minute.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am so shattered with this result. We are good enough but it really bloody hurts losing games like this especially when the men in green miss easy stuff late in the game

To stay in touch with the top 8 we needed to at least split the four games of Port/Pies/Rich/Essendon IMO. With the Port loss, we need to win 2 of the next 3. If we can't get it done against Collingwood, which is entirely possible given how good they are right now, I can't see us beating the Tigers either. If we only beat Essendon, that makes our run very difficult.

Which is what makes this loss hard to take. Ainsworth missing those two gimmes is a killer. Seems to be far more confident and accurate from 40+ out. It's the only knock on his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys were robbed by a few home town calls/non-calls at the business end of the game.

Ridiculous HTB against Miller .

Looked like he got a legit handball away as he was tackled but the ump couldn't wait to blow his whistle.

Pity the officials didn't show the same enthusiasm for the whistle when GC could easily have got a couple in the last minute.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were you listening on the radio? The game i watched clearly showed Touk missing the handball.

To stay in touch with the top 8 we needed to at least split the four games of Port/Pies/Rich/Essendon IMO. With the Port loss, we need to win 2 of the next 3. If we can't get it done against Collingwood, which is entirely possible given how good they are right now, I can't see us beating the Tigers either. If we only beat Essendon, that makes our run very difficult.

Which is what makes this loss hard to take. Ainsworth missing those two gimmes is a killer. Seems to be far more confident and accurate from 40+ out. It's the only knock on his game.

Chol hit the post twice. Too

Chol hit the post twice. Too

Rory

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What game were you watching? The game i watched clearly showed Touk missing the handball.
The game I watched showed a deliberate OOB near the death that the ump was too gutless to pay.

As usual, selective application of the rules.

lions have been putting up with that s**t for years down at good old Geelong

It's pretty simple. We lost because

1. We started poorly and gave them 26 points head start.
2. We did not converted easy shots. Plenty of them.

And yes there were some s**t umpiring decisions that always happen away.
And yes there were some bad mistakes by some players.

Great game. Good effort. Disappointed.

IMO, a good chance we will beat Collingwood at home.

Did incredibly well to almost win despite many players not playing well.
A few fluffed shots from Chol, Ellis, Ainsworth, Burgess, Holman - and that scoreboard pressure really ramps up.

Were really carried by Witts, Ainsworth, Rankine to some degree and almost Chol.
Few of the midfielders were down
Really missed the run out of the back.
Defence made a few incredibly dumb errors.

disappointed to lose, but very encouraging for our development.

Jog on… let us commiserate without your one sided look on it.. right now we see it the other way

I was just correcting the assertion that Touk got the handball away. Fox replayed it in slow motion and it clearly showed he missed the handball by 3 or 4 inches.

For the little it's worth, the Suns are my second team in the AFL and I enjoy their wins except if they're playing us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back