Autopsy Round 15 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Sunday 26th June, 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Though I did rag on Benny for missing those goals, he's having an unbelievable season. Tonight was unreal. It just frustrates me that he can kick the ball like he can around the field, but the moment he's in front of the big sticks it all goes to poo.

That inside kick across his body to Ellis is something I've only seen Luko & Powell do.

Is Rankine actually ok?
Looked for all money like a dislocated shoulder.
I know they can play on if it goes back in - but usually first time dislocations need a reco I thought?

Though I did rag on Benny for missing those goals, he's having an unbelievable season. Tonight was unreal. It just frustrates me that he can kick the ball like he can around the field, but the moment he's in front of the big sticks it all goes to poo.

That inside kick across his body to Ellis is something I've only seen Luko & Powell do.

Instinctive player. Not that I will ever play top level footy but I am exactly the same. Heat of the moment with no time to think about something I get better results than when I take my time and over complicate things.

Is Rankine actually ok?
I know they can play on if it goes back in - but usually first time dislocations need a reco I thought?

Not always. You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be damage done. But hopefully it is limited to something that can be done post season.

Likely he will get scans this week and they will check it out. But with a bit of luck he will play the rest of the year with heavy strapping

Not always. You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be damage done. But hopefully it is limited to something that can be done post season.

Likely he will get scans this week and they will check it out. But with a bit of luck he will play the rest of the year with heavy strapping
Yeah,
Think he'll definitely need something done - hopefully not a major op. Seems likely could be end of year given he came out and seemed unimpeded.

Yeah,
Think he'll definitely need something done - hopefully not a major op. Seems likely could be end of year given he came out and seemed unimpeded.

Maybe he is just tougher than we are giving him credit for haha.

2 months ago we all would not have batted an eyelid if he was dropped. Now, he would be in the first 5 picked.

Similar for Ainsworth! Most improved for me

Yeah, finally feels like we're a competitive footy team.

Davies out with a 'knee'. I have my suspicions. Fiorini has more impact in the first sixty seconds he was on than Davies the first three and a half quarters.

Davies gone knee brace on in airport

Is Rankine actually ok?

Yeah,

Rankine will be ok trainer said to him in airport you’ll need to put some ice on that asap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brace is just to throw the AFL off the scent that we subbed him
Because he had 1 touch in 3.5qtrs of football

It’s funny that we could always see this Davis game coming…
Yet the match committee had no idea..
If we played all game with 18 in the field instead of 17…
Who knows what would of happened

I re-watched the last quarter. That was frenetic pace, bloody good effort from both teams.

Easy missed set-shots :( Bad mistake by panicked Collins - just tap the ball outside.

It looks like at least subluxation for Rankine. Not looking forward for injury report. It could bee season over.

Last edited:
For a disappointing loss there were quite a few positives.

Ainsworth and Ranks kept up their form. A bad miss from Benny but he also kicked a long one that I doubt he would have made the distance last year. Kicking so much better (if a bit floaty still).

Down 4 goals in the first quarter on the road and got back in front. That was probably not happening last year.

Had some howler turnovers, had several players doing 2/5ths of stuff all, made some fundmental errors in defense, and missed some goals that good teams kick, and we still could have won against a fringe finals team.

Of course the negatives included some howler turnovers, having several players doing 2/5ths of stuff all, making some fundmental errors in defense, and missing some goals that good teams kick, so there is that.

Burgess not nominated for mark of the round.
Was clearly better than the Dylan Moore nomination IMO.
Clearly better than the Henry mark aswell, but fair enough that was in given the match context.

Just got to watch the match in full. Great game. Disappointing there were a few passengers / players that just don't quite seem to be at the level we needed them to be on the night to get over the line.
Feel really confident that should we play them next year with near a full complement of players (e.g. Buddhas, Powelly, Weller, Luko, Jeffrey, King) and given natural improvement, we would wipe the floor with them. We are a legitimate team, love the never give up attitude.

Just got to watch the match in full. Great game. Disappointing there were a few passengers / players that just don't quite seem to be at the level we needed them to be on the night to get over the line.
Feel really confident that should we play them next year with near a full complement of players (e.g. Buddhas, Powelly, Weller, Luko, Jeffrey, King) and given natural improvement, we would wipe the floor with them. We are a legitimate team, love the never give up attitude.

How good to finally have a team that digs deep

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How good to finally have a team that digs deep

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have been watching replays of Suns games as was sick of the inconsistent effort when watching live. Finally feel confident now that every game we play we get that consistent effort and have a sustainable game style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back