Autopsy Round 15 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else starting to think we are missing goals on purpose. Think about it, if we kick a goal then it goes back to the middle, where the opposition could theoretically get a clearance and be in their Forward 50 with one kick. However if we miss, then we can press up on the kickout and ideally get more “repeat entries” and win the all-important time in forward half battle. Yay!

Anyone else starting to think we are missing goals on purpose. Think about it, if we kick a goal then it goes back to the middle, where the opposition could theoretically get a clearance and be in their Forward 50 with one kick. However if we miss, then we can press up on the kickout and ideally get more “repeat entries” and win the all-important time in forward half battle. Yay!

Could be. When Gray finally slotted one in the 3rd quarter it caused an avalanche against us.
Bad football.

^ interesting. One of our group of tragics that watch our games together said during the match "I can't watch this anymore".
I replied "even if we win this I doubt i'll watch the replay when I get home". I was actually laughing at us in the last qtr.
As the game went on you just knew they would kick their goals and they did. BTW in today's paper they've got a stat for
S Gray's kicking for goal ... 4 goals 12 behinds. If true you probably don't want him getting the ball up forward.
Now as bad as that is, you've got Impey Neade and Boak avoiding having shots. Did'nt Kochie say Port Adelaide wanted to make
footy fun and exciting a while back. Well what I saw Satdee night was a constipated cluster **** of stoppages, boundary hugging
tactics and clangers everywhere. We looked like a team being coached by a stubborn deluded man who is burning our list, supporters
and brand. When teams below us on the ladder are more enjoyable to watch, you know you've got a problem.

PS
anybody else see Robbie in the last qtr barely able to run. Standing bent over, hands on thighs for long periods.
Yeah Robbies not injured and Ken's an innovative genius.

I saw it, if Robbie doesn't have OP, or something similar, I'd be amazed.

Houston also struggled at times I thought but that was probably more of a fitness thing, he'll get better.

Their usual glow worm outfit would have clashed horribly with Richmond's Gribbles full specimen jar guernsey.

Good analogy for the Richmond guernsey LOL.
Surely they could have other alternate colors which actually stand out from either teams guernseys - or is that asking too much?

Appropriate username to post content

anybody else see Robbie in the last qtr barely able to run. Standing bent over, hands on thighs for long periods.
Yeah Robbies not injured and Ken's an innovative genius.

I saw that but it had nothing to do with his groins.

Rance cannoned into his back in a marking contest in the square and it knocked the wind out of him.
He was playing dazed for a good 5 mins after that.

I have thought for a long time our midfield quality is not good enough or big enough

I would swap our midfield for Parker Kennedy
Hannerbery etc ..these type of players are men who take no prisoners

I saw that but it had nothing to do with his groins.

Rance cannoned into his back in a marking contest in the square and it knocked the wind out of him.
He was playing dazed for a good 5 mins after that.
OK missed that and wharfie said same. Glad in a way that was the reason.
Having said that i'm not convinced that he doesn't need a week off. Personally i'd start with this week but we need him too badly.

OK missed that and wharfie said same. Glad in a way that was the reason.
Having said that i'm not convinced that he doesn't need a week off. Personally i'd start with this week but we need him too badly.

He should have already had some time off to rest.

Unfortunately, now we need to win more than we need to give him a rest.

This is an unbelievably bad call. They're both well off the pace at SANFL level, let alone AFL.

Johnson had no real form at the Maggies before he was plucked from obscurity for his first AFL game.

He played reasonably well, but when he kicked that first goal at the score board end, the receptionist at the Adelaide Childrens' Hospital was probably closer to him than his opponent.

He does have leg speed that could be valuable down the track though, and is probably worth another year on the list, but I can't see him playing AFL again this season.

Krak hasn't done much in his 3 games back from injury at the Maggies, and I suspect the list manager has the red pen hovering above his name.

Last edited:
He should have already had some time off to rest.

Unfortunately, now we need to win more than we need to give him a rest.

More classic Ken Hinkley selection policy. Somehow I feel like we could have done without him against Carlton, Gold Coast or one of the Brisbane games. But no, Ken's just passed right by all the petrol stations along the way, and now in the second half of the year with some must-win games coming up we've driven the Ferrari right onto the freeway while it's nearly running on empty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More classic Ken Hinkley selection policy. Somehow I feel like we could have done without him against Carlton, Gold Coast or one of the Brisbane games. But no, Ken's just passed right by all the petrol stations along the way, and now in the second half of the year with some must-win games coming up we've driven the Ferrari right onto the freeway while it's nearly running on empty.
You aint seen nothing yet. If we continue to lose games and finals start to become no certainty then Ken in desperation is capable
of anything. Gold pass favourites could be thrown under the bus. All that will prove imo is that for Ken it's really all about Ken.
Only responding when his salary is in danger.

Yeah we have neade and spray who are s**t at being anything other then s**t i would rather give krack one last chance then anouther s**t show by neade or spray
So many times on the weekend I longed for Kraks decision making and passing into the 50.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have thought for a long time our midfield quality is not good enough or big enough

I would swap our midfield for Parker Kennedy
Hannerbery etc ..these type of players are men who take no prisoners

Atley ffs!

He's a tackling, contested ball, big assed warrior. Get him the * in.

Don't know if this has been previously addressed but why were we gassed half way thru the 3rd? Am a regular Maggies attendee bar the weekend and it's an issue with our 2nds as well.

You just knew that we were going to blow that half time lead after all the chances we missed.

As much as we can blame Hinkley for his average selections which definitely haven't helped, I've come to the conclusion that this team is mentally weak and doesn't have what it takes anymore. The time for this group was in 2014 and they blew it (with inaccurate kicking and missed chances again).

The kicking for goal was a disgrace. And then when we were chasing the game, we had no forward structure or game plan whatsoever. We played into their hands and they were never going to lose that once they got in front.

I'm sick of us making these teams look amazing. They're not amazing. We're just s**t.

Against wobblewood Boak, R Gray, and even White were bouncing around like they had been drinking from the fountain of youth, and the clock had been turned back 5 years.

In the game on Saturday night they often looked like 35 year olds who had played one season too many.

Maybe White suffered from 2nd up syndrome, but Boak went from looking up and about one week to cooked the next. :(

Old age and not able to hold up against stronger team perhaps? Or back up week after week?

I really hate how some of the criticism of players here verges into ad hominem attacks on the individuals. It is pointless.

When the same players under perform there is not much else to expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back