Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Gabba, Tuesday 01/09/2020 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenna doesn’t play again unless he’s committed to the club, even if the commitments only for this year, which means HBF and switched on. If he doesn’t want to play let him go home already, will be sad and and a waste of talent but why play him if he doesn’t wanna be here?
Good luck trying to leave the country, unless your an insanely rich business man and you need to collect your $30m yacht

Not generally a fan of having hooker in forward line but if JJK misses (and possibly even if he plays) we have to consider keeping hooker forward to keep McGovern/Barrass accountable. Saw how well it worked for richmond yesterday.

We need to make McGovern accountable, playing the 3 talls up there plus Stringer is the way to go. Joe is a freak, Hooker just makes things happen when he is up there and then Stewart gets a match up he can legitimately compete with.

I can’t get out of my head 2017 where Daniher and Hooker kicked over 100 goals between them, we know that combo works, we also know pretty much every other forward combination we’ve tried since doesn’t.

We need to make McGovern accountable, playing the 3 talls up there plus Stringer is the way to go. Joe is a freak, Hooker just makes things happen when he is up there and then Stewart gets a match up he can legitimately compete with.

I can’t get out of my head 2017 where Daniher and Hooker kicked over 100 goals between them, we know that combo works, we also know pretty much every other forward combination we’ve tried since doesn’t.

Is Hooker, Stewart, Daniher, Stringer too tall?

When not playing a bottom 4 team? Probably. However we probably need Hooker in defence for Hawkins and Dixon after this game so it works itself out

lets be honest, JD in our team is a HUGE difference.

we actually have a fwdline now now.

This was the like the 6th game in 3 years that JD has played with Stringer...

The fact that this game is also in QLD means we definatey have a chance to beat West Coast.

If we play like that 2nd half all game we can beat anyone.

Hope they rest (manage) JD for this one. Also reckon Hepp is closer then Whoosha is making out too. He was cagey with JD return right up until after the Richmond game, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hepp suits up soon.

Hope they rest (manage) JD for this one. Also reckon Hepp is closer then Whoosha is making out too. He was cagey with JD return right up until after the Richmond game, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hepp suits up soon.

Woosha actually said in his after match presser that Heppell is close, I reckon he’ll play the Cats game.

Potentially, but why not try it, not much else works up there.

When Stringer is up and going(which probably won’t be until next year) Id expect he’ll spend some more time further up the ground, Joe tends to get up there as well.

Hooker to McGovern for large chunks of the game.
Daniher plays.
Stewart plays.

Both Hooker and Daniher on light duties, 60 - 70% game time.

If we keep this team on the park for a few successive games we will roll both Port and the Demons, and a good chance against the Eagles.

Surely they rest Nic Nat? They have a worse runs than us, Thursday- Tuesday-Sunday and then Thursday again,

It’s either this one or next one he misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Hurley - Francis - Gleeson
HB: Saad - Ridley - Smith
C: Langford - McGrath - Merrett
HF: Mosquito - Stringer - Clarke
F: Daniher - Hooker - Walla
R: Draper - Shiel - Parish
I/C: Stewart - Guelfi - Redman - Snelling

Mckenna?
I wonder if he understands and implements the game plan?
If he does, and he is committed to next year, then obviously he would be in the team.
The last two weeks we have been more assured with Smith at HBF and Smith makes better decisions.

Daniher, Hooker and Stewart can all play.
Daniher and Hooker on 70% game time, with the shortened quarters, is only half a normal game.
Obviously depends on how well they pulled up. Any soreness and it's no way.
With Daniher, Hooker and Stewart all having time on bench, and Stewart pinch hitting in the ruck, they would only all be forward for short periods. This would definetely upset WC defence and create mismatches.
We looked so much better with Hooker, Daniher or Stewart contesting that kick down the line than we did with Smack and Towner doing it.

Guelfi and Clarke stay in because they are hard at it and set the tone for body on the line commitment that the others follow.

Good point above on McKenna

Perhaps his form is in the toilet because he was in Ireland all summer then had his foibles since

Perhaps he just doseht get( or hasn't had time) with the new game plan so he's stuck in limbo all the time

Can Joe and Stringer play on the short turn around? I mention Stringer because he's played two in quick succession post injury.

If they can both get up then ill give us a chance. A slight chance.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well I would expect no risks for anyone. 100% or you wait until the next game. All I hope is we do not go back to only having one tall in the forward half. I do not care if it is McKernan back or if it is a Crauford we need to keep two tall forwards at least otherwise Mcgovern will take 45 marks.

Jamie Cripps has left the QLD hub too (partner is due to give birth soon).

Potentially an Eagles team without Cripps, Yeo, Kennedy and Nic Nat rested.
Cripps scored 4 goals and 3 behinds against us in the EF.
Josh Kennedy kicked 4 goals and 2 behinds
Yeo had 703 metres gained (by far the most on ground), 10 inside 50s, 3 CM, 5 tackles, 4 clearances, 9 score involvements, 10 CP.
Nic Nat had 14 disposals (9 contested), 24 hitouts and 4 tackles from only 53% time on ground.

Factoring in the location and breaks, we're playing them at the right time.

Back