Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Gabba, Tuesday 01/09/2020 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We usually match up well against WCE no matter how we're travelling.
Unfortunately I think they're a step or two ahead.

WCE by 18.

Win, lose or draw, my main hope for the rest of the season is that we never see Cutler or Smack in the 22 again. If we need to rest Joey and want to keep some height about the forward line, bring in Crauford for a look or play two rucks (Phillips & Draper).

Really just want to see the team have a crack for four quarters and avoid the poor decision-making and sideways keepings-off nonsense that's dogged our last few months. Make them earn the win.

Don’t think we can expect Mosquito to play off a short break. I think Daniher plays this one then misses the next and plays the last two.

In: McKenna, Hurley, Draper

Out: Mosquito, Philips, Stringer (he just doesn’t run)

Don’t think we can expect Mosquito to play off a short break. I think Daniher plays this one then misses the next and plays the last two.

Give the fact that Stringer is not running means we should just play him in my opinion

If Joey has recovered fine from the game, why wouldn’t we play him?

Have we rested Stewart at all after his return?
Stewart hasn’t missed 3 years. Last year when he re-injured didn’t he play 3 games in short period?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still missed 18+ months of footy though.

Joey played the North game, 6 day break, the Collingwood game, 9 day break, Geelong game, didn’t play the Sydney game, played Freo 11 days later.
Ok. Just 3 days in 10 days seems risky

Ok. Just 3 days in 10 days seems risky

I agree. I honestly just thought we’d most likely manage him for the Geelong game.

Have him rested for the Port clash.

We’re getting the Eagles at a better point in the fixture, playing them in QLD, with a couple of injuries and after they’ve had 4 & 5 day breaks (and needing to prepare for St Kilda and Doggies).

Not saying we’ll win but this is our best chance against them. Geelong will be rested and pretty much have their best 22 close to being available.

‘81 night grand final !!
Funny that, with all talk about 4-5 day breaks and there they were in 70-80s playing on Tuesday nights in high pressure games too when it got to semis.

I was there mate.
i’ve been mostly there for most major events of my life but still I could’t tell you the actual day of the week it was.

lol drop stringer

Gleeson for Francis too. Franga is the future of that backline. Gleeson is not.

i like that team though.
Weagles midfield won't be as easy to trash the way we did v the Hawks in the 2nd half, but we just need to bring that game plan.
Seriously, what makes Francis the future? His junior highlights, his draft pick number and his typical Essendon hype. I know he had great hands, but man he's not doing much right this year. I want to keep believing but losing faith quickly. Gleeson has also gone backwards at a great rate. Problem is the two of them are both best as key intercept players, which Ridley has taken over.

Back