Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Gabba, Tuesday 01/09/2020 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1598787171129.png

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
In: Heppell, Hurley, Draper, McKenna
Out: Ham, Gleeson, Phillips, Guelfi

B: Ridley - Zerk-Thatcher - Saad
HB: Smith - Hurley - McKenna
HF: Merrett - Parish - Heppell
HF: Stringer - Daniher - Stewart
F: Mosquito - Hooker - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Draper - Shiel - McGrath
I/C: Langford - Clarke - Redman - Snelling
I like.

In: Heppell, Hurley, Draper, McKenna
Out: Ham, Gleeson, Phillips, Guelfi

B: Ridley - Zerk-Thatcher - Saad
HB: Smith - Hurley - McKenna
HF: Merrett - Parish - Heppell
HF: Stringer - Daniher - Stewart
F: Mosquito - Hooker - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Draper - Shiel - McGrath
I/C: Langford - Clarke - Redman - Snelling
It's getting harder to squeeze Hibberd in... Nah I can still find room.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah this is the team. Trade Raz because he never plays. You'd think they all have 2 years except Hooker and we have Ambroseiin the wings. Quiet a few of our depth players got much needed experience this year. Just stay fit for once already

Vass38

All Australian
May 31, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
If Kennedy is out we have to be a big chance here. Hopefully Daniher plays just rotate him on and off the bench with Hooker.
I'd like to see minimal changes;-

OUT: Ham, Redman, Phillips
IN: Heppell, Hurley, Draper

Hurely Zerk Saad
Gleeson Ridley Smith
Merrett Shiel Heppell
Tippa Langford Mosquito
Stewart Hooker Stringer

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Clarke Guelfi Snelling Daniher

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
If Kennedy is out we have to be a big chance here. Hopefully Daniher plays just rotate him on and off the bench with Hooker.
I'd like to see minimal changes;-

OUT: Ham, Redman, Phillips
IN: Heppell, Hurley, Draper

Hurely Zerk Saad
Gleeson Ridley Smith
Merrett Shiel Heppell
Tippa Langford Mosquito
Stewart Hooker Stringer

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Clarke Guelfi Snelling Daniher

You can’t rotate your key forwards on and off the bench in today game, you’ll get absolutely creamed in the midfield if you did, rotations are structural, to take one away and use it on key forwards would be a disaster, that’s not even taking into account the quick back up.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
We won’t play Joe off a 4 day break, esp if they rest NN & JJK. I think it’s a 50/50 game if they do & we bring him & mozzie back fresh for the cats game.

Sounds like Hepp will saddle up to.

Starting to get some decent pieces of the jigsaw puzzle back. If we win tomm night our season’s alive again.

You can’t rotate your key forwards on and off the bench in today game, you’ll get absolutely creamed in the midfield if you did, rotations are structural, to take one away and use it on key forwards would be a disaster, that’s not even taking into account the quick back up.
I mean you generally do (with a midfielder rotating forward at that point in time) but yeah generally you only have 6 forwards, 1 ruck, 7 defenders and 8 midfielders in a side.

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Pay back time for the final? We are a chance in this one. I think for the remaining games if anyone doesn't take us seriously we win.

Overall, scraping in wins against rubbish side's whilst escaping a hammering against Richmond makes it difficult to gauge our form - Last week didn't make it any easier either. That said this week against West Coast away probably won't tell us much more.

Even if Daniher misses we have some real quality back in with Stringer and Hooker plus Stewart it on some sort of improvement path. If something did actually click with our midfield last week then Essendon by 13.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I mean you generally do (with a midfielder rotating forward at that point in time) but yeah generally you only have 6 forwards, 1 ruck, 7 defenders and 8 midfielders in a side.

You don’t rotate two players on and off the ground though which is how I read what was suggested, they are all in the rotation system.

No way would a coaching team go into a match with that as a plan.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon

probably didnt articulate myself very well here. the point I was trying to make was you can play both Daniher & Hooker as forwards if needed - just manage their game time (not swap them on and off the bench). We have flexibility in our forward line especially with Stringer and Langford who can both play on ball so you can put a resting mid someone like Heppel or Clarke forward, swing Stringer onto the ball for a burst and then Joe and/or Hooker gets a rest on the pine.

Hencho

All Australian
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
IN: Draper, Hurley, Heppell
OUT: Phillips, Stringer (managed), Ham

Stringer didn't look great in the FB feed of today's training session. Only kicking on his left and looked ginger. Hooker forward. BZT back. Heppell to the wing.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I like the idea of using Heppell on a wing. Lets face it neither Cutler or Ham are playing all that well. Its been that way for quite a while now. Even at 80% Heppell playing the role is still miles better than either.

It also doesn't disrupt the synergy that is developing with Merrett, Shiel, McGrath and Parish.
Good set of dukes for a wing. I like.

Back