Preview Round 16 – Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Tuesday 8th September 2020, Adelaide Oval, 5.40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we persist with Reid whilst O'Halloran projects to be a better skilled player with similar versatility is beyond me, this kid has serious talent and I feel he could really shine if given an extended run, ah well who am I to question Leon
Happy that Jye Caldwell selected in front of TGreen and XO. Caldwell has some defensive clangers in his game, so can't wait to see his offensive talents shine more.
Let's see who does better in Binga's absence, Sam Reid or Zac Langdon.
It has to be Zac's last shot at it surely, I'm probably missing all the coach-required stuff he does off the ball, but he hasn't been doing much with it. Good luck to him for a better game tonight.

Reid rushed back in and hopefully it isnt too soon but I think he has only had the 1 reported scratch match but plenty of training sessions but I expect him to be rusty so hopefully he has a good game
4 talls again is a surprise so hopefully Cameron has more impact than his shocker v the Blues
Caldwell should see plenty of stoppages and I can see him having a breakout game before the end of the season if he stays in the team

This will be a tough game and I can see another scrappy close game so hopefully a few big game plays by the experienced heads will get the team over the line and no injuries

Why we persist with Reid whilst O'Halloran projects to be a better skilled player with similar versatility is beyond me, this kid has serious talent and I feel he could really shine if given an extended run, ah well who am I to question Leon
My inference is that they have indicated internally they are going to leave and we arent going to play them unless we have to.

I think there are a lot of nervous posters cos we don’t know which giants team is going to turn up.

But really.... if the goal is to make finals then we easily but away the team coming last tonight. Easily

My inference is that they have indicated internally they are going to leave and we arent going to play them unless we have to.
I will be so devastated if O'Halloran leaves, his type on and off the field are a rare find, it might be rose tinted glasses towards him but I'd be trying everything to keep him over Caldwell and Hately if I had a choice

I will be so devastated if O'Halloran leaves, his type on and off the field are a rare find, it might be rose tinted glasses towards him but I'd be trying everything to keep him over Caldwell and Hately if I had a choice
He would easily be the cheapest of the three also

Get the feeling your boys really need to come out and make a statement this arvo. The Crows are up and about after really taking it to the Cats, and then giving a decent hiding to (admittedly a very terrible) Hawthorn.
From the outside looking in, theres just something missing at GWS right now. Its been a tough year for all the players, and it really cant help losing a GF the way they did, its like the pride in the club just took a major hit and they havent recovered yet. All the tools are there to be an absolute world beating team, just gotta get the heads back up and the urgent desire to win every contest.
Youve still got a game in hand compared to everyone else in the 8 bar the lions, and this has the potential to be a soft kill should they turn on that dominant ruthlessness they showed last year.

His story is interesting but playing him over kids makes little sense. He’s a terribly limited player.
I agree in general with this comment.
However this week, Im ok with him as a need. With Perryman and Daniels out, we need someone who will be a defensive role player. Our young kids, despite being a lot more talented, aren't great on playing roles yet (mostly because they haven't had to), for a week like this, im ok with the selection.

My sentiments exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pressure and tackling. I think if the pressure meter is up we kick away with this. If we let their outside players have time and space then they will hurt us and we will invite the scoreboard pressure

Sounds good - assuming Caldwell goes to North!

Guy will be an absolute gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back