Autopsy Round 16 – Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Tuesday 8th September 2020, Adelaide Oval, 5.40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
459BE5F1-0C56-4CDC-AF6E-A8163E3F4E6E.png

18TH V 8TH

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 16 • ADELAIDE V GWS
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH 5:40PM AEST (AO)

ROUND 16 TEAMS

CROWS

B: L.Brown, D.Talia, K.Hartigan
HB: D.Mackay, B.Smith, L.Sholl
C: B.Keays, M.Crouch, R.Sloane
HF: S.McAdam, D.Fogarty, L.Murphy
F: T.Stengle, T.Walker, E.Himmelberg
FOLL: R.O’Brien, H.Schoenberg, R.Laird

I/C: C.Jones, B.Crouch, J.Kelly, A.McPherson
EMG: R.Knight, M.Poholke, B.Frampton, J.Worrell

IN: A.McPherson
OUT: M.Poholke (omitted)

GIANTS

B: L.Keeffe, A.Corr, H.Shaw
HB: S.Reid, N.Haynes, A.Kennedy
C: L.Whitfield, S.Coniglio, J.Caldwell
HF: J.Cameron, H.Himmelberg, Z.Langdon
F: T.Greene, J.Finlayson, J.Riccardi
FOLL: S.Jacobs, M.de Boer, T.Taranto

I/C: L.Ash, D.Lloyd, J.Hopper, B.Hill
EMG: J.Hately, T.Green, M.Flynn, C.Idun

IN: S.Reid, J.Caldwell, Z.Langdon, S.Jacobs
OUT: Z.Williams, B.Daniels, H.Perryman (all injured), S.Mumford (managed)

from Land of the Giants preview:

It’s hard work watching this team sometimes.

And I still can’t understand how we managed to just switch on and double our ¾ time score in that final quarter. The same thing happened against Essendon. Is this some kind of deliberate, high-risk, “rope-a-dope” strategy? If so, it’s a dangerous game to play, especially as there’s no margin for error.

Hats off to Nick Haynes, easily our BOG by a country mile. I think he’ll be adding to his tally of Brownlow votes in a few weeks after a performance like that. And Jake Riccardi, take another bow. You’ve caught everyone off-guard with an outstanding late-season debut – no-one saw you coming!

We're now allowed the luxury of a five-day break before facing the Crows in Adelaide on Tuesday. A few days ago, I was worried we might be the ones to let them to break their duck this season, but Hawthorn relieved us of that particular humiliation. Nonetheless, this game still has the hallmarks of being an old-fashioned house-wrecker if we dare show up not taking the opposition seriously.

Changes for this round might include Josh Kelly, who should be available for selection, as long as he’s fully recovered from his concussion. I don’t know about Phil Davis; he was listed as “TBC” in this week’s injury update. Apart from Kelly and Davis there’s no other big names waiting in the wings.

I wonder if it might be worth letting Mumford have a rest in favour of Sam Jacobs, who would certainly have good knowledge of his old club? Or would it be better to just let the team settle in? It’s hard to know what to suggest given the inconsistency problem.

We have to win this game, and we should.

That’s what worries me.

Which team is going to turn up tonight? Go Giants (the switched on team)!

Actually feel a little bit better looking at that line up compared to this time yesterday

Still not confident in this being a percentage boosting game that it needs to be, we can generally tell if the boys are on in the 1st 5 mins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this probably won’t be a popular comment, but I have a real problem with Taranto’s foot skills. Really shallow, really sloppy and lacks penetration. He’s settled for the hack kick just like his captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back