Review Round 16 – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Sun 7th July, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry but Leon Cameron needs to go. Keep thinking of this side under Clarkson, wow. Cameron is mediocre. Nice guy, built a good list and culture, but he isn’t the man.

And there’s too many average guys in this side. Langdon is cooked for 2019. Get a youngster in, he simply doesn’t have anything to give this year. Let him get right for 2020. I’m starting to worry about Daniels. Has a few tricks but ultimately his kicking, especially for goal, is horrible.

With the road ahead, top 4 is gone. Getting a home EF might even be a stretch.

I’m sorry but Leon Cameron needs to go. Keep thinking of this side under Clarkson, wow. Cameron is mediocre. Nice guy, built a good list and culture, but he isn’t the man.

And there’s too many average guys in this side. Langdon is cooked for 2019. Get a youngster in, he simply doesn’t have anything to give this year. Let him get right for 2020. I’m starting to worry about Daniels. Has a few tricks but ultimately his kicking, especially for goal, is horrible.

With the road ahead, top 4 is gone. Getting a home EF might even be a stretch.
Nah he is a good coach.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mean to sound negative, but that's pretty much this season done, we are going to lose some more stars, and I just can't see where the next big players are going to come from

No longer the destination club for a quick flag.

We will lose mummy, Shaw, delidio at the end of this season and probably cogs, and a few more.

The depth is not what it used to be

Sorry I'm just so upset

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be pretty tough to lose cogs, but with ward back and taranto, hopper, kelly and whitfield with caldwell, another rover and hately coming through, we are far from depleted. If we do lose cogs, we need to get the necessary picks to get both rowell/anderson and green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again a team shuts down our outside run

Once again we have to play slower contested footy

Once again we lose

I’m disgusted
Your 2016 side was arguably the best running team ever assembled. Should have won the flag that year albeit a young side. With Wilson, Scully, Shiel and Smith gone I don’t think outside run is necessarily your greatest strength anymore although Whitfield out leaves a massive hole in that area, mind you so does Ward on the inside.

Your 2016 side was arguably the best running team ever assembled. Should have won the flag that year albeit a young side. With Wilson, Scully, Shiel and Smith gone I don’t think outside run is necessarily your greatest strength anymore although Whitfield out leaves a massive hole in that area, mind you so does Ward on the inside.
All our mids are better than Shiel and Scully.
Greene is better than Smith.
Only one we miss is Wilson.

This is on our coaching department.

It's an interesting year. With the loss of Shiel and then Ward plus the fact that Caldwell and Hately are first year players a lot was going to be asked of Hopper and Taranto. Both are sadly going through a simultaneous form slump which causes real structural problems within the side.
Crowd number was ok

All our mids are better than Shiel and Scully.
Greene is better than Smith.
Only one we miss is Wilson.

This is on our coaching department.
I am talking about covering the ground quickly and breaking away from congestion. Hopper, Taranto and Cognilio are quality players but they are not fleet of foot. Maybe it is as simple as the game plan, often speed of ball movement can make a side look exceptionally quick. Like I said before Lachie leaves a massive hole, was probably the best player in the competition in the 1st 8-10 weeks.

I am talking about covering the ground quickly and breaking away from congestion. Hopper, Taranto and Cognilio are quality players but they are not fleet of foot. Maybe it is as simple as the game plan, often speed of ball movement can make a side look exceptionally quick. Like I said before Lachie leaves a massive hole, was probably the best player in the competition in the 1st 8-10 weeks.
Langdon is not the same player as last year , Reid is running out of steam and Daniels doesn’t kick enough goals for a small forward. In Caldwell , Bonar and Buntine if Whitfield’s not available

Mate kelly, Whitfield and Taranto are elite on the outside and their disposal is premium. Ur smoking all kinds of crack here. Our run is still
The key to success

Langdon is not the same player as last year , Reid is running out of steam and Daniels doesn’t kick enough goals for a small forward. In Caldwell , Bonar and Buntine if Whitfield’s not available
Reid did a fantastic job

Kept zorko to 2 possessions in the first when tagging, then went to Cameron who had already kicked two and held him to that

He is one of the first picked in my books at this point

If we don't see some changes next week I don't know what is going on...

Simpson was poor again.

Shaw and his brain fades.

Cameron looks really off the pace, with dropped marks and missed shots.

Finlayson still putting in only token efforts at times.

Any quick ball movement exposed Brisbane but instead we'd stop and wheel around every time. No one would run past to open up space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back