Preview Round 16 – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Sunday 7th July, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a love a caveat that completely wipes out the premise (except when it doesn’t)
I'd tip the game fairly confidently at a 2-3 goal GWS win - so Brisbane clear underdogs (high confidence) but not by much (low margin). Hope that helps.

This is a big test for the coaches this weekend. They have to get the boys in the right head space. Leon to date has been able to respond to each loss with a win, but a 9-5 win-loss ratio isn't that great with some of the games ahead.

Some talk of Ian Hill getting a gig, is he a realistic chance? You guys traded up to get him.
I would be very surprised to be honest. He had a story done on him which has helped the hype but can one really be promoted on the back of 2 goals 5?

New players when listed on the extended bench will always have debut under their name, doesn't necessarily mean they are playing though will find out tomorrow when final benches are named.

What do you guys think the chance of Flynn getting a gig over Dawson Simpson are? Normally Simpson seems to be the guy that plays when Mummy is out, but hopefully Flynn being named also means he is a chance. (Fantasy reasons...)

I dont think we will see a debut for Hill or Flynn this week and I think Stein and Hately will be the emergencies for this game but again anything can happen
Tough game and will be hoping the team can get a good start to build some confidence, Whitfield and Kelly delivering into the talls will go along way to getting the 4 points

New players when listed on the extended bench will always have debut under their name, doesn't necessarily mean they are playing though will find out tomorrow when final benches are named.

What do you guys think the chance of Flynn getting a gig over Dawson Simpson are? Normally Simpson seems to be the guy that plays when Mummy is out, but hopefully Flynn being named also means he is a chance. (Fantasy reasons...)

I dont think the coaches will risk Flynn v the experienced Martin

I dont think the coaches will risk Flynn v the experienced Martin
If we select Simpson the midfield better expect to do about 20% more running to account for Martin as well as the other mids, otherwise Brisbane is going to have a man spare every time they go forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced Lachie will get up either. Don't want Mitch Robinson lining him up (a la David Swallow) just to test the collarbone out. Another week off is preferable.

You may get your wish and we will know at 5 this afternoon. It would be good to have him debut at a home game and if the Lions go in with 1 ruck in Martin it will be a better game to debut in than others

Plus Martin being a smart ruck but not a monster ruck so it's not like Flynn should be getting ragdolled unlike against someone like a Gawn or a Goldstein.

No Whitfield is big and still makes it a 50/50 game and other players need to step up and Kelly becomes more important to getting the win but the team needs to win without certain players and need Greene to have a big game as well

I'm not convinced Lachie will get up either. Don't want Mitch Robinson lining him up (a la David Swallow) just to test the collarbone out. Another week off is preferable.
I read an article saying he was ready to go last week and they kept him back just to be cautious. I think he plays and plays well

We have to win a game like this to be a contender. Our young midfield means that they don’t play four quarters of footy. No Cal Ward and Matt DeBoer means that our consistency is not where it could be.
Our oldest midfielder is 25.
Lions have Bundy, Neale, Robinson and Zorko.
Lots of games this year have been decided by maturity imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back