Preview Round 16, 2015 - Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically, coming back from an ACL, it takes 12 months to get back to your best.
Rich will get better as time rolls on.
I actually think it takes longer. You are back playing in that time but I don't think players are fully there. I'd say it takes a bit of time to get back the full confidence in the knee

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

B: Justin Clarke, Daniel Merrett, Harris Andrews
HB: Daniel Rich, Marco Paparone, Sam Mayes
C: Dayne Zorko, Dayne Beams, Lewis Taylor
HF: Jack Redden, Daniel McStay, Allen Christensen
F: Stefan Martin, Brent Staker, Jed Adcock
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley
I/C: Ryan Harwood, James Aish, Mitch Robinson, Rohan Bewick, Nick Robertson, Mitch Golby, Hugh Beasley (three to be omitted)

IN: Stefan Martin, Ryan Harwood, Mitch Robinson, Mitch Golby, Hugh Beasley
OUT: Darcy Gardiner (Shoulder), Jordon Bourke (omitted)

Hoping for Harwood and Stef being the ins

Expecting Robbo and Stef

Excited to see the Stefburger combo in action again. I know team placement doesn't mean much but I'm hoping Leppa has put Stef in the forward pocket and told him, "go get ball." I'd like him to roam around like a big mid and push up forward with the play to offer us another marking option in the 50 if necessary. And of course be a third man up and relief ruck. Poor Stef, I'm probably expecting him to do too much but I think has the capability to be a stronger version of Blicavs this year.

With Beasley named on an extended bunch there must be a real chance he'll be a direct replacement for Gardiner. If the Dees do go with a second ruck we might end up a little small down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Robbo return after just 1 week off!(Subject to final team selection tomorrow of course).

I expect changes to be:

In: Martin Harwood Robinson
Out: Bourke Gardiner Aish/Bewick

This will be the strongest team we have fielded all year!

With Beasley named on an extended bunch there must be a real chance he'll be a direct replacement for Gardiner. If the Dees do go with a second ruck we might end up a little small down back.

I dunno. We already have 4 in out back 6 over 193cm, 2 rucks and 2 tall forwards. We had to have a tall backline against the Swans so we don't need to replace like fo like.

I'm bristling a bit from Andrew Stafford's typically sneering report on the Sydney game, actually. I'm sure Fairfax could find someone who enjoys football to attend our matches.

I've met him a few times and he is a fan and his heart is in the right place. I think he's had enough of this year like the rest of us. I also think the criticism was fair it was hardly a gripping contest for the ages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back