Review Round 16, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Or give big oscar a go in place of archie ( if we are able to upgrade him)

My understanding is that we only have Robinson and Christensen on the long term injury list, and have upgraded Hammelmann and Barrett in their place.

I think we haven't quite put a line through Bell for the season yet, but if and when we do McInnerney might get a chance.

It seems like it's worth giving someone else a shot playing alongside Martin, or even give Martin a break and let Smith take the primary ruck role for a week or two.

If we promote a rookie for Bell I would like to see Mitchell Hinge given a run in Daniel Rich's role down back, from what I have seen in the NEAFL he is very good with his disposal out of the D50.

If not him Corey Lyons.

My understanding is that we only have Robinson and Christensen on the long term injury list, and have upgraded Hammelmann and Barrett in their place.

There's also a free mid-season rookie upgrade which I don't think we've used yet. Bell is also a candidate to be moved to the LTI, as he's currently listed as "6 weeks - season".

And one other thing- Beams was obviously injured last night and should probably not have been played.
You dumped the Lions after 28 years of supporting them!

I know you're still liked around here.... and you seem like a nice bloke.... but I just see turncoat whenever you post now.

The last thing I want to see is you posting multiple times in our thread with your sympathy after your new team belts us.

I know I'm being a bit of a flog and acting too tribal.... just how I feel

Tell you what, having put up with crap from Victorians for decades, the day there's a Tassie Tigers team I'm outta here and I don't care who knows it.

Never gunna happen though- this is a tiny, precious little place where some locals argue over the smell of roasting coffee disrupting the serenity of inner Hobart.

The Tassie economy has all the vibrancy of a colder South Australia. Only we all speak without a pretend plum in our mouth.

And one other thing- Beams was obviously injured last night and should probably not have been played.

Tell you what, having put up with crap from Victorians for decades, the day there's a Tassie Tigers team I'm outta here and I don't care who knows it.

Never gunna happen though- this is a tiny, precious little place where some locals argue over the smell of roasting coffee disrupting the serenity of inner Hobart.

The Tassie economy has all the vibrancy of a colder South Australia. Only we all speak without a pretend plum in our mouth.
Tigers taken Tassie, unless there's a relocation, maybe the Tasmanian Devils?

Why not? Beams probably played better than anyone in the reserves would have in his role.

I think we haven't quite put a line through Bell for the season yet, but if and when we do McInnerney might get a chance.

It seems like it's worth giving someone else a shot playing alongside Martin, or even give Martin a break and let Smith take the primary ruck role for a week or two.
yeah didn't know if we had injury listed bell or not but would be good to see how oscar and archie go without martin. Think we might get smashed in the centre but would be great development

Don't go AFLQLD, It's only the one poster who has lowered the tone over the last 24 hours. I think they can be redeemed, just needs to reform his style a tad.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has Quigley, another highly respected poster, also left? Haven't seen him post on here in yonks. His analysis was always quality I felt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has Quigley, another highly respected poster, also left? Haven't seen him post on here in yonks. His analysis was always quality I felt.
A few over the years have moved on which is a shame. Someone PMed me years ago that I was one of the reasons why some did... hope they come back but 10 years of poor footy can get tiresome for a supporter I guess.

On the flipside I wonder what this place will be like once we are a top 4 club.

He's still around. Infact, he's representing us in a phantom draft over on the draft's board as we read.

Shout to the bloke in the seat in front of us who was flicking through his mobile, showing the guy beside him all the pr0n photos in his feed.

While that guy's young son craned his neck to look.

Photo's like the one captioned "Now that's a cockpit!" and "Flaps at maximum!" were very much appreciated by the kid, who couldn't have been more than 9 years old.
I miss one game and I miss this king of entertainment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On here rarely during the time I have been on BF but he posts regularly on the SRP board and it is bloody quality posting by him on there.

Hey I this a good time to say I used to barrack for Hawthorn. Changed to the Roys when I moved from Heathcote, down to Melbourne, for Uni.

Changed in 1977 when the Hawks were flying, but the Roys were on the way up, and it was several great years.

Still have a soft spot for the Hawks but my sister, Junction Oval said to me in 1977 (possible 1978), "Flip you barrack for Fitzroy now. You are more worried when Fitzroy are defending than when Hawthorn are defending"

My son, still a Fitzroy Reds member, now barracks for the Hawks as he used to go with all his Camberwell Grammar mates to Hawthorn games. He lives in Canberra now so I am working on him for a re-conversion.

Remember that there is more rejoicing in heaven (Brunswick Street Oval) in one redeemed sinner than the deeds of a hundred good men.

I thought this was an interesting piece
Honourable Mention 2: Dayne Beams left the field in Round 14 with a strained AC Joint and appearing likely to miss 3-4 weeks. Yet after missing just a single game, Beams returned to action for the Lions against Geelong. Brisbane Coach Chris Fagan summed it up best. “We just go with the medical advice and how he’s feeling, I would say on the Richter scale of toughness, Beams is pretty tough.” It would be hard to argue with the coach's appraisal of his skipper.
https://aussiefootyforums.com/news/sports/aussie-rules/afl-round-16-learned-liked-and-disliked/

Back