Game Day Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go the Lions from some one who just watched France win while drinking Chablis and Petite Chablis in a pub in Paris.

Hopefully I will get to listen in Paris to the Lions have a win but it will be a bit early in the morning to hit the grog. Couldn't help think it was another boring day at the selection table.

Lions by a lot

Go the Lions from some one who just watched France win while drinking Chablis and Petite Chablis in a pub in Paris.

Hopefully I will get to listen in Paris to the Lions have a win but it will be a bit early in the morning to hit the grog. Couldn't help think it was another boring day at the selection table.

Lions by a lot

Lions by a lot
Amateur.

Again I'm up at mums so won't be able to watch the game....will keep up by watching this thread and hope the game is on the radio. Haven't looked yet, but it must be on somewhere.

Hope the boys are switched on and pounce early..

I hope the rain is gone and the ground dries out a fair bit. I’m not sure we are at the point of having multiple strategies available to choose from and wet weather can be very different. I figure Victorian teams have the edge in wet cause they get a lot more practice in crappy wet weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the rain is gone and the ground dries out a fair bit. I’m not sure we are at the point of having multiple strategies available to choose from and wet weather can be very different. I figure Victorian teams have the edge in wet cause they get a lot more practice in crappy wet weather.
It could snow and we would still beat them today.

Big O showed promise last week so I am certain today will be his break out game. He n Lewy will create havoc n the sorry blues will resort to the knuckle n Robbo will get reported .

Finding it really disrespectful that they're calling this the Lukosuis cup. Even the AFL media. You'd think after the tanking sagas and questions about equalisation they'd avoid this.

They're gonna look dumb if we end up 15th and apparently played off for last place 2 months before the end of the season.

Finding it really disrespectful that they're calling this the Lukosuis cup. Even the AFL media. You'd think after the tanking sagas and questions about equalisation they'd avoid this.

They're gonna look dumb if we end up 15th and apparently played off for last place 2 months before the end of the season.

But no-one will call them out on it. Just as we always take note of the stupid calls that journo's make and they keep making them year after year.

Click bait journalism has killed off good journalism.

I wonder if there are any posters secretly hoping we lose today for draft purposes?

Who we pick will depend on who is there when our pick comes up and is largely out of our hands. Building a winning mentality is a critical step in our development and, as our honourable opponents (Carlton btw) have demonstrated, learning to not-win can have long term negative effects...

I wonder if there are any posters secretly hoping we lose today for draft purposes?

Who we pick will depend on who is there when our pick comes up and is largely out of our hands. Building a winning mentality is a critical step in our development and, as our honourable opponents (Carlton btw) have demonstrated, learning to not-win can have long term negative effects...
honorable? emphasis on rable

Never ever hope for a loss, more often than not the pick 1 selection is not the best player in the draft long term.

No presser by Fages this week?
I love hearing his cuddly little voice every week. Such a loveable little Larakin.

:D Must be something to what you say as even when Vossy and Leigh coached, I was never ever interested in their press conferences....with Fages, I just have to listen. Not sure what it is, but I always feel confident in what he and the coaches are doing. Also don't feel like I'm listening to a whole lot of spin and bs.

...and he is cute too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back