Review Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was a strange move by Bolton to swap Curnow to Beams. We were lucky to be up at 1/4 time and I don't think Beams' influence was critical in that quarter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but based on the evidence at the first break I wouldn't have been changing that match-up.

I don't think Beams gave him a choice. Was going nuts. Had to be restricted.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was exceptional in the 2nd and 3rd but who would you have him ahead of from those 5 listed?

Cutler, Berry and Hodge

Was a strange move by Bolton to swap Curnow to Beams. We were lucky to be up at 1/4 time and I don't think Beams' influence was critical in that quarter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but based on the evidence at the first break I wouldn't have been changing that match-up.

Beams had 25 to half time before he swapped.

How Beams slipped to the 20's is a mystery for the ages. Wonder if we were close to taking him before the Pies?

Was obviously good enough to back himself.Bit ass-y to turn down that that GC offer but I guess when you're good enough just back yourself.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cutler, Berry and Hodge

Beams had 25 to half time before he swapped.
Yeah I think the move was just before or at half time after Beams had that massive 2nd quarter that split the game open. Zorko from memory had a big 2nd half after that.
Long term I see that as a good thing when teams have to choose who to tag and it lets others get off the chain

Name a better duo. I'll wait.

480031-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BRISBANE v CARLTON
10 Dayne Beams (BL)
8 Eric Hipwood (BL)
4 Tom Cutler (BL)
3 Jarrod Berry (BL)
2 Luke Hodge (BL)
2 Darcy Gardiner (BL)
1 Dayne Zorko (BL)

And after all he's been through this year Beams still makes it into the top ten leader board, complete legend.

61 Max Gawn (MELB)
60 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
59 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
58 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
56 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
53 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
52 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
46 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
45 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
44 Dayne Beams (BL)

Cutler had 5 marks inside 50

He really showed up the Carlton wingers with his workrate during the game, becoming a real weapon going forward, and not as much of a liability running the other way anymore. Hopefully its just clicked for him how much damage he can do with his run if he uses it both ways.

Back