Review Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So who got reported?......gathered from the main board game thread we had a couple. Surely Rayner wasn't one?:eek:
Just Oscar I believe, that’ll get nothing. Some thought Hipwood for his tackle at the end as it was reminiscent of Natanuis earlier in the season but I doubt it.

So who got reported?......gathered from the main board game thread we had a couple. Surely Rayner wasn't one?:eek:
Oscar was a retaliation "push" back at the carlton player. Not a heap in it but I think he used a closed fist to do it so not great.
Fair bit like the scenario with Tex last week

Fantastic win, we were a class above Carlton except for a part of the first quarter. Small negative, I thought we could have really buried them in the last quarter and sections of the third, we started to showboat a little bit and overthink things in attack.

At one stage there in the fourth IIRC it was Zorkos goal from a handball from someone laying on the ground Hodgey didn't look impressed, he was waving and pointing and from the body language he looked annoyed.

Thanks, do you think he'll get suspended and what was it for?..oh, just saw your post KissKiss, cheers

Also the talk on that board was that Rayner shouldn't have got reported when Dusty does high fend offs all the time. What would that have been about then I wonder?

Fantastic win, we were a class above Carlton except for a part of the first quarter. Small negative, I thought we could have really buried them in the last quarter and sections of the third, we started to showboat a little bit and overthink things in attack.

At one stage there in the fourth IIRC it was Zorkos goal from a handball from someone laying on the ground Hodgey didn't look impressed, he was waving and pointing and from the body language he looked annoyed.
It was Bundy but I thought it was great.

Might put things in perspective, this was Carlton we are talking bout here! They were dire as were Freo last week and we righty smashed them both. Have the week off, go south and beat the Hawks and have 3 in a row and then imagine the hype!

t9bScLe.gif

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look, they are not happy lads. Saw one post though who said he loved the left field drafting of Hodge to the Lions and wished they had someone who could think left field as well.
3 Carlton supporters next to us came up from Melbourne for the game, they were pretty chirpy in the first, sat there like zombies through the second and third quarters, they ended up leaving 2 minutes into the last quarter, long trip back to Melbourne.

Darcy Gardiner is fast becoming a gun defender

Easily the most improved player in our side this year.

And this Lou Kodge fellow goes alright too. Apart from looking fit, the old bugger still has an elite kick and a few tricks to boot. The whole defensive structure hasn't looked this organised for years. Stroke of genius by Fagan getting him to the club. Surely should go on again next year and after that who knows?

Bugger it......offer him another 3 years now.

Back