Preview Round 16 2018: Richmond vs Adelaide - Friday 7:50pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will Corey Ellis play? Half-back I'm guessing? Not sure what he has been doing in the VFL
He's been playing on the ball in the VFL.

It would be pretty stupid to bring him in only to have him play in a spot where he never plays.

Some like him. Some don't. But he's a better midfielder than he is a defender.

Low Lie The Fields Of Punt Road
Where Once We Watched Jack Dyer Play(and could he play)
Dick Clay Was On The Wing
We Had Beer And Songs To Sing
Watching Richmond On The Fields Of Punt Road!

Was thinking of making this an ode to all the Tiger Fans who have since left us and only watched from Punt Road.

Our wingman in the 40s era was the number 22 of Leo Merrett but I can't fit him into the lyrics.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-01-16/tale-of-the-tiger-numbers-no-22
From Bourke to Barrot and Merrett
From the center with merit

I've read on three occasions in the media in the last few weeks where he has been compared to Hodge. That's masive praise.
I have been doing that since last year.
Possibly even Enright

I have been doing that since last year.
Possibly even Enright
I see Grimes as more like Enright. In that he uses the ball well, always makes the right decisions, and completely eliminates his opponents. You just don't see them.

The only difference between Grimes and Enright is that Enright won a lot more of the ball.

My slight concern is remembering the cats v Hawks of 2008 were cats were expected favourites but , in their minds, had a shock loss.
It stuck in the throats of the Cats and they never dropped a game to the Hawks for many years

The Crows , in the context of this season, lifted big time in round 2, Laird with a career high 42 possessions, Tex & Jenkins had things go right for them .
Can they lift again ? After last week you'd say yes . But will it be enough ? Adelaide will have far from their best side on , haven't been in good form till last week and then only for a qtr, and against a ? WC down due to injuries
On the other hand we had two built up games 2v 4 (geel) and 1 v 2 swans, had nice wins in both

You'd think it might be a mountain too high for the Crows this week

Crows are sittin a game behind Hawks and Norf in 11th with crap a percentage (100).
They have to win tnite for a chance to make the 8, I reckon Tex may come out frothing to try and stir em up and try a little argy bargy, hope so cause none of our back six will give a stuff.
It'd be sweet to end their season tnite.
Go Tiges!

Tiges by 6 goals

My slight concern is remembering the cats v Hawks of 2008 were cats were expected favourites but , in their minds, had a shock loss.
It stuck in the throats of the Cats and they never dropped a game to the Hawks for many years
Except that Geelong of '08 were a far superior team to Adelaide of '17. The Cats had only lost one game for the season, where Adelaide finished all of half a game clear of second spot. Geelong responded to their shock loss by winning two of the next three flags. Adelaide don't even look like making the 8.

No comparison. Tigers by 32.

I’ll be extremely surprised if Crows don’t bring their very best tonight. Should be a great game.
I think they will too. Or at least try to.

I just hope I don't have one of those days where I finish work too late to be able to make it to the game.

Except that Geelong of '08 were a far superior team to Adelaide of '17. The Cats had only lost one game for the season, where Adelaide finished all of half a game clear of second spot. Geelong responded to their shock loss by winning two of the next three flags. Adelaide don't even look like making the 8.

No comparison. Tigers by 32.
Exactly Hoosy and the reality is that Geelong side underachieved by only winning three flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

going along to one of my first home games of the year. will be solo as from out of town..should be a doozy. do any of you blokes meet up at the game? if so where? would be grouse to meet a few fellow bf ...

a joke about animals, kids or women being injured on purpose is funny or clever how exactly?
What about us blokes mate? That’s where PC loses me and society is becoming xxxxed over by it. The intent here was not to hurt the dog as who knows if Corey even has one , but to give us a laugh. Anyway I’m not a fan of dogs bc they piss on trees and I’m a tree hugger. :eek:;)

I dont get to see many vfl games and as such am guided by the basics and the clubs decisions.It seems to me hes been decent for a block of games now and it seems has done enough to earn a spot.
Good luck to him but in honesty i have my doubts about this selection.Theres good reasons for that.
Then i ask right what are the options.
Conca out who gets the gig.
Miles not a good time to get concussed.
Lloyd has he done more than Ellis.I reckon right at this moment hes a better player and option.
McIntosh fmd horribly out of form and if we play him it wont be as a ball winning mid
When i think about it the choices arent great and speaks volumes about our midfield depth.Here we are struggling to find an adequate replacement for Reece Conca who in anyones language is a foot soldier.
So nwe go to a young player and hope he can take a step up, understandable in the circumstances.

You know there are times when your posts infuriate me and then there are these!

I hope they let brando play the free man as he has been doing pretty well in the supporting role to Vlaussy this season. As others have mentioned we will see just how good shorty is at defending this week without as much support around him...

I recon they have picked Moore as the next best forward as opposed to any structural reasons and happy to see Ellis’ good form rewarded with an opportunity. As others have posted this could well be his last - go well Corey.

After seeing the teams my verdict is:

Tigers by 48

I reckon the thinking with Moore's inclusion is that Jack will get Talia which means Jack will get on his bike, push up the ground so we need Moore as the other tall target closer to goal.

I’m actually feeling really negative about C.Ellis. It is really disappointing that C.Ellis and Lennon have so far been two of the worst first round picks this club has made since JON.

Imagine if we picked better in these drafts...

Anyways hope C.Ellis sets us alight but probably expecting a fork to be put in him.
Back to back for sure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back