VFL Round 16, 2018: Sandringham v Richmond - TBBO, Sunday 22nd July, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the game was exactly the same when Fiascos, Betts and Milne played.

Betts still playing but was terrible at Carlton and only looks good in a top four team.
Totally different game in 2018

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You may be right, but if Conellen can kick a goal and still lay tackles he's doing more than Mav. Don't think we've got much to loose by trying a new small forward while Long is still out.

QjmrGVB.png

6zRLU3Z.png

From the Saints' site;

Goals: Haidon 3, Connellan 2, Freeman, Lamb, Langlands, Smith
Best:
Acres, Freeman, Connellan, Goddard, Coffield, Haidon
Freeza 29 disposals, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 4 R50s and a goal.

Cooking nicely.

Looking at the stats from this game (thanks again Grimlock), it's pretty apparent that a huge issue at Sandy is the Sandy listed players. A game like this doesn't necessarily say our depth is terrible. Football is very much a team sport and you can see by those stats that we had about 10 passengers in the side, most of which were Sandy listed players.

...Having said that it does highlight that Richmond's depth is outstanding.

Fact is Sandy is a rubbish team at the moment and don’t work nearly hard enough as they should off the ball. Their pressure is non existent.

In saying that, Richmond 2’s are outstanding and would beat not only our AFL side but Carlton, GC and potentially a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact is Sandy is a rubbish team at the moment and don’t work nearly hard enough as they should off the ball. Their pressure is non existent.

In saying that, Richmond 2’s are outstanding and would beat not only our AFL side but Carlton, GC and potentially a few others.

Come on. They look a very good VFL side, bit our AFL side would still thrash them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays on a guy.

Must have done well, Clav 2nd best as well. Having not seen much of the match I though the guy winning contested ball in the middle and sending it inside 50 nine times would be higher than a defender playing a negating role. That's just me though.

Must have done well, Clav 2nd best as well. Having not seen much of the match I though the guy winning contested ball in the middle and sending it inside 50 nine times would be higher than a defender playing a negating role. That's just me though.
Sometimes a negating player deserve all the accolades they can get. Back a 100 or so years ago(well it feels like that) I had to play a negating/tagging game on an oppositions better player. I know that I held him to only 3 kicks for the game:heavycheck: Unfortunately those 3 kicks turned into goals:heavymultiply:
I was left spewing my ring out after the game, couldn’t even stop for a beer. Just bloody ran myself into the ground. So getting back to the chase, reckon a lot of these guys, who do all the hard and dirty work and defend against better players than I ever did, deserve to be recognised.

Sometimes a negating player deserve all the accolades they can get. Back a 100 or so years ago(well it feels like that) I had to play a negating/tagging game on an oppositions better player. I know that I held him to only 3 kicks for the game:heavycheck: Unfortunately those 3 kicks turned into goals:heavymultiply:
I was left spewing my ring out after the game, couldn’t even stop for a beer. Just bloody ran myself into the ground. So getting back to the chase, reckon a lot of these guys, who do all the hard and dirty work and defend against better players than I ever did, deserve to be recognised.

Depends who he played on I guess. The team lost by 11 goals, so guess he held his man quiet despite what was happening around him.

He was reading it well and marking the ball. Surely gets a game over Gilbert this week.

Gilbo will play the year out and you know it. Mav, Newnesy and Dmac all trained shhtrongly and look to hold their spots. Alsho, Wrighty performed really positively for the Zebs which was pleasing so we’ll see how he pulls up and trains, but I’d think he’s a good chance to play also.
Freezer? Yeah nah, he’s probably still a few weeks off his best footy. We’ll look at him next week or the one after.
Why play the kids now?

Go Saints
Cheers,
Richo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back