SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
It is game day! I predict the following:

Hanners will be back to his best to prove his haters and doubters (including me) wrong.
Kizza will also find some form.
Our leaders will respond to what has been fair criticism this week.
This will lead us to a massive win vs. the Cats who are under a fair bit of pressure themselves - potentially ending their premiership aspirations for this year.

This is a massive game and a must-win in order for us to finish top 4 imo. So the Swans by 110 points.

Carn Swans!

This one is going to be tough. Glad to see aliir on a nice little run at the selection table.

This has to he do or die for jack. He is being gifted games, these are the games where you need to stand up.

Happy towers and fox are back,not so much about robinson. Doesnt matter how strong his neafl form is,he has never looked the standard at afl player. Should not be getting picked. The guy doesnt even want to be at the club.

Really hope buddy builds some form. Even though he kicked 4 last week, he can definately play better

Should be another cracker! We haven't lost two in a row all year, can't see us starting now.

Looking for another upgrade from Hanners, plenty from Ronke, and we need another brilliant one from our defence. Buddy, if you could kick 6 please (and would you throw in a couple of long range, outside 50, on the run goals just for my personal entertainment! :)), and JPK, Parker, George and Ollie I'll have a repeat of last week thanks. Callum, here's hoping your 50th game in the red and the white is a blinder! Oh and if you could all hit your targets this week and be just a little bit cleaner the ball, that should help with winning! ;)

Swans by 28.

GO BLOODS!!!

This one might be a bit of a stretch, but I'd kind of like to see Nick Smith get a crack at Dangerfield when he's forward. I'm probably inspired by the article on the AFL website earlier in the week about how he's the greatest small defender of all time (paraphrasing... liberally), but I feel like Dangerfield tore Rampe apart previously, and I'd rather see Rampe being used for rebound as a half back flanker (which I believe is actually his best position, just because he CAN play as a key defender doesn't mean he actually SHOULD).
I know Dangerfield is too fast for Smith, but he's too fast for any of our defenders, and Smith has made a career out of shutting g down players who are faster than him. The risk for me would be Dangerfield against Smith in a wrestle (although Smith tends to go ok there as well), but I'd much rather see the ball being bombed in to Dangerfield than spotting him up on the lead. At least it would give Grundy, Rampe, Aliir an opportunity to float across and intercept mark.

Realistically that's my only point of interest strategically for this one. I think we all know that the one thing that could make the greatest difference to our chances is a return to form for Hanners and Jack. I know there are arguments put forward for each of them to suggest they aren't as bad as some think, butI want to see them as they were at their peak!

This one might be a bit of a stretch, but I'd kind of like to see Nick Smith get a crack at Dangerfield when he's forward. I'm probably inspired by the article on the AFL website earlier in the week about how he's the greatest small defender of all time (paraphrasing... liberally), but I feel like Dangerfield tore Rampe apart previously, and I'd rather see Rampe being used for rebound as a half back flanker (which I believe is actually his best position, just because he CAN play as a key defender doesn't mean he actually SHOULD).
I know Dangerfield is too fast for Smith, but he's too fast for any of our defenders, and Smith has made a career out of shutting g down players who are faster than him. The risk for me would be Dangerfield against Smith in a wrestle (although Smith tends to go ok there as well), but I'd much rather see the ball being bombed in to Dangerfield than spotting him up on the lead. At least it would give Grundy, Rampe, Aliir an opportunity to float across and intercept mark.

Realistically that's my only point of interest strategically for this one. I think we all know that the one thing that could make the greatest difference to our chances is a return to form for Hanners and Jack. I know there are arguments put forward for each of them to suggest they aren't as bad as some think, butI want to see them as they were at their peak!

Can't see it happening, but I've been wrong plenty of times before and will be again...

Regarding Hanners and Jack, I'll settle for noticeable upgrade with a trajectory of peak performance running into finals.

Can't see it happening, but I've been wrong plenty of times before and will be again...

Regarding Hanners and Jack, I'll settle for noticeable upgrade with a trajectory of peak performance running into finals.

I can't see it happening either, but there's no denying Smith has shut down those sorts of dangerous small / medium forwards better than anyone else in the game. Rampe is merely exceptionally good. Smith is unparalleled.

Bounce back game from hanners running with Ablett. Aliir to play well loose in defence. Swans to win by 1 point. Great start to a weekend as I am off tomorrow

Bounce back game from hanners running with Ablett. Aliir to play well loose in defence. Swans to win by 1 point. Great start to a weekend as I am off tomorrow
I was going to like this until the one point! We need a bit more than that, I want them out of the finals.

PS Enjoy your long weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said in other thread, we won't win tonight. Cats strengthened by Scott Selwood who will shut someone down & we are weakened by Heeney out which reduces our X factor. Buddy to once again be held to minimal output because he seems unable to roam further up the ground, 3 shots at goal at most.
We'll struggle to impact the scoreboard. A very disappointing night ahead folks.
Swans 60-69 points
Cats 85-100 points
Cats to beat us by 25 points.

potentially ending their premiership aspirations for this year.
I feel that they are firmly gone, fighting now for a decent place in the 5 - 8 part of the ladder.

Cats need a total change of attitude to win this one, it's possible but I'm not putting any of my hard earned on it.

Massive test for Blitz who has reinvented himself up back, but if Buddy gets hold of him .......

As I said in other thread, we won't win tonight. Cats strengthened by Scott Selwood who will shut someone down & we are weakened by Heeney out which reduces our X factor. Buddy to once again be held to minimal output because he seems unable to roam further up the ground, 3 shots at goal at most.
We'll struggle to impact the scoreboard. A very disappointing night ahead folks.
Swans 60-69 points
Cats 85-100 points
Sellwood might go to Hanners.....a win for us! I think you might over rate the Cats. Danger will need a team defence, if we go one out with him we will lose for sure. Unlike Reiwoldt last week, we need someone to play in the space ahead of him to block his run. We gave Jack an armchair ride last week. The cats rely on too few for mine, something we too can be accused of and this makes the game arealtoss of the coin. jPK is in a vein of form that should guarantee good use out of the middle and the Cats ruck stocks are still very questionable. First use will dictate this one. Big night for Sinkers coming up.

I feel that they are firmly gone, fighting now for a decent place in the 5 - 8 part of the ladder.

Cats need a total change of attitude to win this one, it's possible but I'm not putting any of my hard earned on it.

Massive test for Blitz who has reinvented himself up back, but if Buddy gets hold of him .......
Get to the 8 and anything is possible these days....

Keen as for this game. Going to skip the $2k worth of training work paid for tonight to go home and watch the game aha

Smaller ground favours Swans against Geelong's playstyle. Swans by 17.

Huge game and the result will be much more consequential than last week. If we win, then it's unlikely Geelong will overtake us for the rest of the season (hopefully). Lose and we fall back into a fight to just play finals, let alone finish top 4.

Captain obvious statement but the spotlight is shining brightly on Hanners tonight. He has had a crap load of media coverage this week and needs a good game. If he has a poor game again then he should be ROK'd (or RKO'd lol).

Swans 60-69 points
Cats 85-100 points

I'm feeling similarly unfortunately. Geelong should be stung into action after losing last week to the Dogs, a game they would not have expected to lose and I feel like that could count for more than us losing a game we were within our rights to lose in a sense to the Tigers.

Losing Heeney is huge. He's definitely been our best player this year and he provides things that no other Swan can in one package.

I have a feeling we could see another frustrating SCG performance tonight with a lot of bombing long to the forward line where the Cats have shown they are strong in intercept marking.

Hewett to Joel Selwood, Dangerfield I suspect will primarily play forward (with Rampe to take him), Grundy to Hawkins. Hannebery is a tricky one and I'd send him to either Mitch Duncan or Ablett. You can exploit Ablett running the other way and that might be a good way to get some confidence back into Hannebery. Mitch Duncan is a very good player too though so it might be Cunningham to run with him.

Swans 60-69 points
Cats 85-100 points

Ew.

Can't work out whether it is beer, cider or CC.

Still dealing with being ECO from last week.

Not expecting anything off Hanners - I think he done for the year. There I said it. Hope, really really hope, to be proven wrong.

Rampe better play out of his skin.

We got extremely lucky in some was last time against these guys. Had no right to win it until The Midfiled decided to take the game apart.

Keen to see AA do well. If he wants to play top grade he needs to defend and that might mean taking a turn on someone dangerous instead of ******* around in clear space hoping things come his way.

Hope Florent rips it apart at home this week. He could really make them make decisions about what to do with him. Ronke should cause them issues up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back