Status
Not open for further replies.

Keays2myBeamas

All Australian
Oct 5, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All those questioning our game day selections need to calm the ass down.
Fagan has specifically stated that selections serve multiple purposes, not the least of which is player development with an eye to the future.
Rayner, McStay and all the other whipping boys are being picked for the future, regardless of idiotic comments on social media.
I'm more interested in who they pick if/when we make finals.

We’re 5th on the ladder. Match Committee will be picking the 22 they think has the absolute best chance of winning each week. No excuse not to. The only eye to the future from a selection point of view would be an eye to the finals, and you might see a player or two rested in Rd 21-23, maybe Hodge or Martin.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Spud due to 1 kick. Righto. Would much rather him on the team than you on this board if l am being honest...
Lester has done really good, not going to be our best player but what makes a good team is the bottom 5 or so players.He will continue getting games as he is doing what the coaches ask of him, just like McStay. Players aren't going to get teams if they don't adhere to team structure (Cutler for example)
100% correct...good post. Like several of our players who cop crap from BF posters, they do their job given to them by Fagan and that's all that matters really. Froggy is the ultimate team player who doesn't shine in some peoples eyes but I rate him as an important cog in our engine room.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who else is ridiculously excited about Adams? It COULD be an absolute game changer for us, he was clearly recruited for a reason

The most exciting part is that we don’t know what that reason was.

The common idea is he was recruited as a key defender

I don’t believe that’s the case

I actually think if he’s down back he’ll be a back flanker, which excites me. Booming kick, man mountain, will win aerial contests and has pace off the mark

Which is why I also am excited by the possibility of him going up forward as others have noted.

COULD change everything for us. SHOULD free up McSpray even more, who surely is getting close to having it all click and tearing a game to shreds
For me Adams coming in too early without having enough match practice. Walk's would have been my choice to give Steff some support when needed and play at either end of the filed when not in the ruck. I don't expect much from Adams tomorrow but hope I am wrong and back the selection committee 100%.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The sunday arvo time slot is the wooooorst. I just want to watch the boys compete! A win would definitely put us in the frame to not just make up numbers in the finals but be a genuine threat.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
The sunday arvo time slot is the wooooorst. I just want to watch the boys compete! A win would definitely put us in the frame to not just make up numbers in the finals but be a genuine threat.
Agreed, should have scheduled the Suns V Tigers game for that slot & our game for 2:10 today! & yep, a win tomorrow makes us a genuine contender.

Agreed, should have scheduled the Suns V Tigers game for that slot & our game for 2:10 today! & yep, a win tomorrow makes us a genuine contender.

To be fair no one in their right mind would have predicted that this game had top four finals implications last year when the fixture was being set up.

I bought September memberships for the first time this year and told people it was cause we could be contenders but i didn’t really believe it could happen. Just wanted to get in for next year before the bandwagoneers gobbled them up.

Now I believe - we are heading to the grand final baby!!!

Yep, I’m an unabashed Lester fan and I reckon he epitomises more than anyone on our list the selflessness that you’d want in a team man.

In a recent interview hodge listed Harris, someone else and Lester as leaders in the club. Pretty decent recommendation for Lester’s contribution to the club.

Geez we would want to be competitive tomorrow.

We’re 5th on the ladder. Match Committee will be picking the 22 they think has the absolute best chance of winning each week. No excuse not to. The only eye to the future from a selection point of view would be an eye to the finals, and you might see a player or two rested in Rd 21-23, maybe Hodge or Martin.
Hodge aside, I doubt we will be in any position to be resting players from here on.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In a recent interview hodge listed Harris, someone else and Lester as leaders in the club. Pretty decent recommendation for Lester’s contribution to the club.
I don't want to bring down the wrath of everyone but I've never seen the merit of Lester as a player but everyone in the club speaks highly of him so obviously he brings something extra bar his football.Plus he likely does everything he's instructed to do so when that doesn't come off he's still played his role

He's done incredibly well to have the career he's had.

Just watching the games this weekend it's a battle of attrition till the dam bursts. Really boring to watch unless it's close . So maybe players like Lester are able to hold up the fort and become if not valuable ,useful

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I don't want to bring down the wrath of everyone but I've never seen the merit of Lester as a player but everyone in the club speaks highly of him so obviously he brings something extra bar his football.Plus he likely does everything he's instructed to do so when that doesn't come off he's still played his role

He's done incredibly well to have the career he's had.

Just watching the games this weekend it's a battle of attrition till the dam bursts. Really boring to watch unless it's close . So maybe players like Lester are able to hold up the fort and become if not valuable ,useful

I can guarantee one thing.

If we happen to lose tomorrow, there is going to be at least one poster who reckons it's all Lester's fault

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Poor Hodgy. If he plays every game for us, we lose the qualifying final, the grand final will be game 349

I Know the decision is made, but I honestly want him to go around 1 more time. He has had a couple of bad games, but he is still so good each week. Wins about 10 X's 1 on 1 contests and outnumbers a game, he is such a backbone down there. Just one more year splinting the tree, then we are ready to 'grow it alone'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back