Game Day Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When the other finals contenders start to falter around us can we be the team that stands up? West coast seem a lock for the grand final but the rest are all a bit wobbly the stage is set for us to send a message today that we have arrived. A narrow loss this week and a win next or the other way round I'll be happy. No no wait, I'm flying down to the Port game I'll take the narrow loss today and a win next week.

The next 5 games are big for us. We need to start playing 4 quarters of football otherwise we will be battling to stay in the 8. Hope we play like last weeks second half. We need to make a big statement today beating a very good side.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

:D

Good to hear you believe Dylan :D

I believe too - since our loss to Carlton, we have been a more mature side across 4 quarters - especially in third quarters. We can play better than we have, for sure, and that's what's most pleasing, to realise we have room to improve. The flag race is wide open, anyone can win it.

We can and will win today.

If we take our chances early there is no reason why we can’t win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just rock up to Giants stadium and purchase a general admission ticket?

I thought I would wait to see if today would clear up before purchasing. Now the Giants/tickitek website is trying to shake me down for extra cash by not letting me buy a single general admission ticket (you have to purchase a 4 pack or purchase a restricted zone single). I highly doubt there would be more than 10,000 people attending this game and the AFL/Ticketec are pulling these shenanigans? * them. I would rather watch the game at a pub or on my 65inch TV than pay ticketec criminals any extra cash.

I thought I would wait to see if today would clear up before purchasing. Now the Giants/tickitek website is trying to shake me down for extra cash by not letting me buy a single general admission ticket (you have to purchase a 4 pack or purchase a restricted zone single). I highly doubt there would be more than 10,000 people attending this game and the AFL/Ticketec are pulling these shenanigans? fu** them. I would rather watch the game at a pub or on my 65inch TV than pay ticketec criminals any extra cash.

Unsure lion, sorry mate. You'd think the answer would be yes though, surely. Maybe calling the Giants/Spotless and asking would be an option.

Also does anyone know much about Giants stadium? Am I able to bring in food/water bottles/soft drink in plastic bottles to the game? How do I use the free trains to get to the game? Do I show someone my game ticket when going into the station? 2 hrs of train rides await me.

Food is fine. Water used to be fine but this year they make you empty it out and refill inside, which probably rules out soft drinks. On the train just show your ticket and tell them it includes free public transport.

I thought I would wait to see if today would clear up before purchasing. Now the Giants/tickitek website is trying to shake me down for extra cash by not letting me buy a single general admission ticket (you have to purchase a 4 pack or purchase a restricted zone single). I highly doubt there would be more than 10,000 people attending this game and the AFL/Ticketec are pulling these shenanigans? fu** them. I would rather watch the game at a pub or on my 65inch TV than pay ticketec criminals any extra cash.
I'd be surprised if there's less than 10k given GWS only falls below that number now for bottom dwellers. There's always a line up at the ticket counter on game day so I assume game day GA purchases are fine. Much like the Gabba there's not a heap of GA seating compared to ticketed seating but I can't recall GA selling out for a non-Victorian club - there's always seats near the away cheer squad.

Edit: I see what you mean. Weird. You could look at it another way - if you show up and buy tickets at the gate, even if you buy the $33 reserved option you avoid the $7 Ticketmaster fee (or so I'm led to believe) so break even compared to GA online.

If you've got a Telstra account you could try https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/tickets/sports/afl too as I see the game listed there.

Last edited:
We’ve had some great wins this year, but we haven’t had that BIG season defining away win...surely today is the day.

I believe.
I know some people here weren’t supporting the Lions in 2001, but those of us who were will remember the day we got murdered by Carlton at Princess Park. We came out the next week and lost a thriller to Adelaide by less than a kick and then won 16 straight games to claim the Premiership. I have a feeling that this year our loss to Carlton is going to prove to have been a similar watershed moment. Today we step up and murder GWS to stake our claim!

Last edited:
Today is the most important game of the year for us .

Are we competitive against a top four team on their home turf nearer the pointy end of the season ?

We've just about got our best team on the park whilst they have some outs.

A win today would be season defining ,a loss and we're in there with the ruck fighting for a position in the 8. A very honourable loss and we've proven we've come a long way.

The boys need to apply everything they've learnt thus far . No excuses.

Think we will play well today. No one expects us to win and we have plenty to play for and Whitfield and Mumford are decent outs for them. The secret to our best wins are one of the forwards getting of the chain and getting a bag. Need Cameron or Hippy to deliver today.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mitchy go to Kelly and reduce his influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back