Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane were never behind during the Saints game. Led for 100% of the game (excl 0-0).

That's the first time that has happened this year. Excellent progress. The last time this happened was Fremantle last year - Round 15. 1 July 2018. Just under a year between occurrences. I'll be interested to see when it next happens. Pushing for much less than a year.
2 weeks. That's how long it took.

Did we do it?

And how!

I didn't really expect anything, so I'm more glad than anyone that I've been proven wrong!

Looking at the stats, you wouldn't expect it - GWS had pretty much the better of every stat except their kicking, which was poor. It shows you that at the end of the day, you need goals to win games.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my boy McCarthy slicing it up even more this week! Love his endeavour, and he kicked straight today!
McCluggage silky smooth mofo just lovely
and then our defence Andrews Gardiner Hodge Rich Answerth all played brilliantly. Theres something about seeing Answerth come streaming in to hit the spoil and give a nice bruise in the back *just* in time. And then richy beating The Coward Jeremy Cameron in a one on one. Always knew Richys greatest strength was his overhead contested markings!

Anyway, It was a beautifully weighted team performance today. I think the first 10 mins of the last quarter were brilliant, and then when we had to we pulled the trigger.

also Adams was just fine today. Lets see how he goes for the extended run for the rest of the season!

That was good. Lots of contributors, several standout performances, no real shockers. We looked good all game. Won three quarters and lost zero. Massive win and adds a lot to our credentials to win that sort of match away. Lid thoroughly off.

Back