Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The first half of the last 1/4. The only way to lose was if they got a run on. To kill that possibility we had to bottle it up. Every player bought in to it, and contributed. Not pretty to watch, but exactly what circumstance prescribed. That is what wins flags. Awesome team.

I just liked that we were scoring goals straight off Giants failed entries and they weren't doing the same to us. I've been getting sick of easy coast-to-coast goals when we broke down going forward and was wondering when we were going to start developing our ability to do it against our opponents as another string to our bow. Yesterday we were great at it. In finals defence and counter-attack are so important this was awesome to see.

Last edited:
Himmelberg should have been matched up in the first half by Adams. Does anyone disagree?

I know the Fages Knows Best Team will come out in force but Lester to Himmelberg rather than Adams was hard to justify at the start of the game and now should be recognised for what it was.

Adams was still under-done getting senior level conditioning in the forward line, I don't see how he would have done any better on Himmelberg when he is finding form. We can't stop everyone. Himmelberg only took four marks, he just made his chances count.

Bit late but that was such a good performance our first 4 quarter game all year probably and look how did we good.

Whoever is charge of the medical team and helped get McCarthy back into full fitness deserves some recognition and a pay rise, Such a difference compared to 3-5 years ago.

Ignore if you can't stand Purple, but a fair discussion about the Lions at the 2:30 mark:

Bartel is the best special comments guy in the biz. Enjoy listening to him even if I have to listen to purple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo going into one of his drunken rants about us being a premiership chance was the highlight of my year.

We're literally living in a BRAB fanfic people

Robbo going into one of his drunken rants about us being a premiership chance was the highlight of my year.

We're literally living in a BRAB fanfic people

He got a bit morbid when he said "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NEXT YEAR, IN ANY ASPECT OF LIFE".

He got a bit morbid when he said "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NEXT YEAR, IN ANY ASPECT OF LIFE".

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Back