Discussion Round 16, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

🤦‍♂️

The sooner they get rid of that jumper, the better.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't stand it. It's terrible. If I was given a choice between the Power Rangers and that, I'd pick the Power Rangers
I don’t think it is worse than the power ranger, but it is a pretty useless clash jumper when compared to the white one port have worn previously (the teal preseason was even better). You are right that the sooner they ditch it, the better.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t think it is worse than the power ranger, but it is a pretty useless clash jumper when compared to the white one port have worn previously (the teal preseason was even better). You are right that the sooner they ditch it, the better.
Agreed. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of dirty dishwater.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What exactly do you mean by individually weeded?

When they peel the protective plastic off the wording, you can still see a square around the lettering, showing that it's just one big sticker. Weeding means you cut out around each letter (usually done by a laser cut). From a distance it would look alright, but up close you'll see a big square around that print

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm pretty conservative about clash jumpers – wear em if they're cool, but I like the idea of the home team wearing what they want and the away wearing what they have to (with white shorts) – but the Showdown always seemed exempt from the complaints on this board. It's really not that different from Essendon or Richmond v Carlton when one wears white shorts.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I'm pretty conservative about clash jumpers – wear em if they're cool, but I like the idea of the home team wearing what they want and the away wearing what they have to (with white shorts) – but the Showdown always seemed exempt from the complaints on this board. It's really not that different from Essendon or Richmond v Carlton when one wears white shorts.

For me, now that Port have the white number panel the Showdown works alright as a Crows home game with Port in white shorts. The reverse is certainly a bit messy.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
So... what jumpers do Collingwood have?

Normal home with 2000-present white on black. Then the mostly white jumper with three black stripes. Then the half-half white and black strip with pinstripes.

And tonight they're wearing the normal home but it has pin stripes?

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
So... what jumpers do Collingwood have?

Normal home with 2000-present white on black. Then the mostly white jumper with three black stripes. Then the half-half white and black strip with pinstripes.

And tonight they're wearing the normal home but it has pin stripes?

They have three.

Home

Away (home with pinstipes)

Clash (white base, pinstripes, black sidepanels)

The all-white with just three black stripes was dropped after the 2017 season.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
The white stripes seem noticeably fatter than the black stripes inbetween. Is this normal, or is it the pinstripes that create this effect?

Or is it just some sort of illusion?
It's an illusion. Without pinstripes the stripes were the same width but the white popped more.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I’d be happy to see the pinstripes on the home jumper. Looks good and isn’t really different enough to be worth having an alternate away jumper.
They have to produce different jumpers anyway as Emirates is the front sponsor for home games and CGU for away games.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
🤦‍♂️

The sooner they get rid of that jumper, the better.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't stand it. It's terrible. If I was given a choice between the Power Rangers and that, I'd pick the Power Rangers
My issue with it is it looks awful, silver is barely even a club colour for them, and its sort of halfway between a light and dark guernsey without really being either of them. Creates more clashes than it solves.

Noticed that Sidebottom doesn’t have the Emergency Services match badge on his jumper.
Perhaps there was only one set made with logos? At least all of Crisp, Pendlebury, Quaynor and Sidebottom had jumpers with and without the logo.

690837.jpg

690985.jpg

690775.jpg

690853.jpg

690759.jpg

690973.jpg

690917.jpg

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
How much even better would the Showdown have looked with Port in white? This looks so much better than navy vs black.

Back