Game Day Round 16, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pineapple Grapple Day baby. Woo woo. The greatest local derby in the AFL. Always such a classic showdown of two teams battling over the bridge and across the highway. QClash. Get it in yah. The whole bloody state is on the line. We need to crush these pretenders. Im gonna smash a few XXXXs then head off to the operating theatre. Cant wait to get that final appendix out before driving down to the Gabba. QUEEEEEEEENSSSLAAAAAANDAAAAAAH. Up the maroons (and hence the Lions as we actually wear maroon like a proper QLD team you northern NSW flogs).

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was hoping for both teams to be going in at full strength and in form but I'm not expecting the greatest game. Probably similar to the last few weeks.

I dare Stewy Dew not to take Neale.

I'd say a fair portion of them think Payne is somebody who starred in a movie with the Rock.
Dunno about that but he is bigger than Thor.
screenshot_20190805-124912-png.720892

I'd say a fair portion of them think Payne is somebody who starred in a movie with the Rock.
Nah, he starred in his own movie.

MajorPayne_PosterArt.jpg

Yet another Lions blackface incident.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Time for Charlie to get back on the bike and kick multiple goals. Need 2+ from him tonight. Think Oscar playing forward tonight will cause the Suns some headaches.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rayner play a few extra mins in the middle tonight and gets Zorko forward. Not going into tonight expecting us to win big, right now with Harris out and such a crazy season with short turn arounds any win will do and keeps us in top 2.

Time for Charlie to get back on the bike and kick multiple goals. Need 2+ from him tonight. Think Oscar playing forward tonight will cause the Suns some headaches.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rayner play a few extra mins in the middle tonight and gets Zorko forward. Not going into tonight expecting us to win big, right now with Harris out and such a crazy season with short turn arounds any win will do and keeps us in top 2.
Need a big win. Must kick more than 6 or 7 goals.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going to back in Payne to keep a lid on King. Richmond wasn't the best side for him to debut against.
I thought in the Richmond game Payne didn't get his best chance, for the first Qtr and maybe some of the second Andrews was dropping off Lynch to protect Payne and going over the pack which was about leadership and helping the young bloke out but it let Lynch drift off the back. Now Payne has it on his own, a good chance and a couple of games to show what he has. I hope everyone remembers his first practice match for us after being drafted, against the Swans out at Burpengary where he towled up Buddy Franklin, (i'm pretty sure it was his first) The kid can play, looking forward to the next couple of games with him, we need the extra big body even when Harris is back.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yep, Lions to win tonight, and win well - and, for a week at least, consign musings about our imminent demise in the finals to the back room.

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Game day on a Wednesday coinciding with $34 mini kegs of Paulaner (my favourite german beer) going on sale at Aldi.

That's fate my friends.

Game hydration sorted.

P.s. Any posts I make after half time may be hard to decipher, espcially dn ifjn I start nshdi to drink.slkd ek earlier than usual s ine lskjn dlkjabnd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back