Preview Round 16, 2020: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 6 September 2020, 1.05pm @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two games in five days becomes three in 10 when the Hawks leave Adelaide to pay a flying visit to the Gold Coast to take on a team with designs on pinching a top four spot.

Two games left in the season for players to press their case as to why they should be retained for season 2021. Fresh from losing to the hitherto winless Crows, the outlook is pretty dark for the Hawks right now, but funny things can and do happen in football.

The only interest I’d have in this game is if we’re playing some more kids. Finn, Moore, Walker, Day, Greaves, Jeka. Not saying all of them, but at least give us something to cling to for next year.

At least we didn't look to have any injuries.
Hardwick with a schnoz, Glass with rattled ribs, McEvoy a split cheek and Lewis maybe rolled an ankle. But no one else looked like they got hurt.

Saints by a thousand.

i reckon it'll probably be

IN: Shiels, Day, Frost, JOM/Smith, Finn, Moore
OUT: Burgoyne (managed), Mitchell (managed), Scrimshaw (managed), CJ (omitted), Minchington (omitted), Glass (omitted)

honestly feel like Minch and Glass would be a little stiff there but we've had a look at them now and I think we need to play Finn to give supporters something back and one of Moore or Ross to make a call on them before the off-season where we're going to be seriously cleaning house

I’m trying to grapple with the changes and I can’t even get my head around it and Clarko probably won’t pull big changes, so here’s just a list of who should be in the gun and who should be be considered to come in.

In the gun: Frawley, Stratton, CJ, Burgoyne, Minch, Glass, Ceglar, O’Brien, Hanrahan

Would rather have in: Frost, Hartley, Day, JOM, Finn, Walker, Moore, Greaves

We will be taken to the cleaners on Sunday. We move into yet another hub and this will be our 3rd game in 10 days.
Lots of oldies but also lots of young ones (not that most even play)
Saints will be fresh ; hungry for Finals ; coached by Ratts who knows us inside & out.

Regardless who plays, I’m tipping an early contest but we will drop away dramatically.

Out - 24 : 12 : 23 : 18
In - 30 : 10 : 26 : 27

Saints by 10 goals

There are a lot of changes that should make made but realistically can’t without being accused of tanking. I am hopeful that after losing to the worst team in the competition in an insipid performance the selection committee and Clarkson will prioritise giving exposure to untried players in important positions to gauge potential contribution while further resting established players.

What I’m hopeful of (but I acknowledge is extremely unlikely):

Ins: Frost, Day, O’Meara, Hartley, Maginness, Moore, Walker
Outs: Ceglar, Stratton, Frawley, Glass, Minchington, Burgoyne, Scully

B: Scrimshaw Hartley Hardwick
HB: Howe Frost Impey
C: Day O’Meara Maginness
HF: Gunston O’Brien Worpel
F: Breust Lewis Hanrahan
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell Wingard
Int: Moore Walker Cousins Jiath

What we’ll get:

Ins: Frost, Day, O’Meara, Sheils
Outs: Jiath, Glass, Minchington, Cousins

Out: Stratton, Burgoyne, Frawley, Minchington, Glass, CJ
In: Maginness, Ross, Hartley, Frost, Day, Moore

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out's
Burgers - Retired
Stratton - Retired
Ceglar - Just for being a crap ruck

Clarkson - Sacked (got nothing new)

In's
Poppy
Shiels
JOM (can ruck for all I care won't make any difference)

Blake Caracella (Don't fall for the keep it in the family stuff, didn't work with Knights, Judge, Schwab)

I’m intrigued not so much from who plays in the 22 this week but who plays with endeavour, with spirit and like they really want to be out playing. It’s been a difficult year for all footy clubs but with finals out of the question we are playing like we have conceded 2020. Just mentally exhausted.

Out: Stratton, Burgoyne, Frawley, Minchington, Glass
Out: Strats, Frawley, Mitchell (needs a rest), Big Boy (needs a rest), Minchington, Hardwick (needs a rest)
In: Finn (please for the love of god do it!!!), Frost, Hartley, JOM, Day, Walker

I actually don't think Glass has been terrible..

Out: Stratton, Burgoyne, Frawley, Minchington, Glass
You have named five inexperienced players to play a game that will end up in the 100 point drubbing you wanted to save them from all season.

Me confused.

You have named five inexperienced players to play a game that will end up in the 100 point drubbing you wanted to save them from all season.

Me confused.
There are the appropriate ins, frost Hartley aren’t inexperienced. Finn , Moore ross should have been playing weeks ago

Me confused.
I reckon Day and Frost have shown the way most of the season, even as fresh faces and they're locked for 2021.

That leaves 2 debutants and Moore who needs to show something desperately to stay on the list. Finn is just in for romance.

It may end up a 100pt drubbing, but we're 3 games left and if we're not going to look at Moore and Ross now, we never will.

Do you think they’ll notice that we have 6 coming in for 5 going out
You know what I even counted the ins and outs...TWICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back