Autopsy Round 16, 2021: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the reason they were so crap against the Suns was the beating we gave them? Definitely would have dented their confidence.

Definitely but having watched a lot of Tigers matches that isn't how they usually look. They had low effort, poor disposal from guys who used to be very good users. Lack of pressure, lack of tackling, lack of work for each other etc. Cotchin was a liability so was Houli. Those two could cut us up on their own once. If it wasn't for getting Lynch back they would have kicked 5.5 if you take out his score.

You’re being disingenuous with the Carlton remark, Gringo.

And who ever said we were a premiership favourite or even a finalist considering the first half of the season? Or even now?

Beating the Tigers now is like beating an old man. Saying we beat the premier side is technically right but not the reality of form for either.

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
10 Jack Steele (STK)
6 Bradley Hill (STK)
6 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
5 Luke Dunstan (STK)
2 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
1 Jack Sinclair (STK)

My guesses:

Ratts:
Steele - 5
Dunstan - 4
Hill - 3
De Goey - 2
Sinclair - 1

Harves:
Steele - 5
DeGoey - 4
Hill - 3
Pendles - 2
Dunstan - 1

You can certainly make the top 4 or 8 on percentage if two teams finish on the same points though. It doesn't win you a premiership but it helps if you make finals.
Hawks were 3rd on percentage in 2015, if theyd finished 4th they travel to Sydney week 1...

Melbournes percentage in 16 cost them finals in round 22 (the famous email to members prior to the last game)

Hawks were 3rd on percentage in 2015, if theyd finished 4th they travel to Sydney week 1...

Melbournes percentage in 16 cost them finals in round 22 (the famous email to members prior to the last game)
Not to mention if 3rd-7th are on the same points, 6th gets to play the team with the lowest percentage while 3rd and 4th get a double-chance.

Even if you have a good season and easily make finals on points, it still drastically changes your chances of progressing. Do you want to play the team who has 130% or the team who has 80%?

Imagine saying to Manchester City that goal difference doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Wait, so we're not the only ones to do that ;)

And if it was so famous, why don't I remember it?

What exactly did it say?
I dont remember, but i can picture the screenshot (Nath Jones yelling at something about "our time") it was an email to members about access to purchase finals tickets from memory, sent on the Saturday afternoon. By Sunday night they were 9th.

Maybe the reason they were so crap against the Suns was the beating we gave them? Definitely would have dented their confidence.
Maybe the loosing mentality is as catching as the winning mentality and at the moment we as a side cant quite believe in ourselves as entirely the latter. IMO we are getting there...baby steps! Richmond on the other hand maybe 'On the road to Nowhere'...yet I find it still a bridge too far to write them off

Last edited:
I dont remember, but i can picture the screenshot (Nath Jones yelling at something about "our time") it was an email to members about access to purchase finals tickets from memory, sent on the Saturday afternoon. By Sunday night they were 9th.
I thought we finished 9th that year. By percentage..*en Andrew Stephens... :mad:

Also lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait... it might have been 17....
Yeah I just checked the ladder. It was when they lost to Collingwood. oops lol

Finished 9th on 48 points and literally .5% behind West Coast.

West Coast kicked two late goals when it looked like Melbourne would hold on..... OOOOOOPS!

Beating the Tigers now is like beating an old man. Saying we beat the premier side is technically right but not the reality of form for either.
Say What? Know this Mofo, Dont be dissin any 'old men' here. Some old men have plenty of fight in them. I can tell you that!:cool:

Last edited:
I actually am impressed with Butler’s efforts the last fortnight - sure the output hasn’t been there but he’s been putting on pressure and creating contests and opportunities. Yes he’s out of form but if he continues with this effort the output will come.
4th-most pressure points for us again and kicked a goal. He’s doing his job. Essentially playing the sort of footy we probably hoped we’d get from him when we recruited him. Last year was just a huge bonus.

Another disappointing performance from Billings. At this point in his career he should be having more influence on games. If we could get suitable compensation (ie, first round draft choice), I’d be happy to let him walk.

Another disappointing performance from Billings. At this point in his career he should be having more influence on games. If we could get suitable compensation (ie, first round draft choice), I’d be happy to let him walk.
Hes injured with Plantar Fasc and also a knee niggle but please, continue to tell us how he has been so disappointing and needs to be having more influence but is somehow still worth a FRDP...

It is but they played the same against GC. They aren't the same side as last year.
Nor are Adelaide. You described them as “last year’s wooden spooner”, even though that has no relevance whatsoever to what they’re doing this year, yet you talk about those other teams only with regards to how they’re going this year, or lately.

So you’re being totally inconsistent, to falsely or deceptively try and strengthen your argument. As you do an awful lot.

BTW two games prior to beating us Collingwood beat top-of-the-ladder Melbourne, and this week they got De Goey back (who played against Melbourne, but not Freo), while 3 weeks prior to beating us, Adelaide we’re also good enough to beat an undefeated Melbourne, and they were far closer to full strength than us, when they beat us. Especially after an in-form Clark went off and was replaced by a kid who hadn’t played a game in 3 weeks.

We were doing remarkably well in the first half of that game, all things considered. We were miles off full strength.

Hes injured with Plantar Fasc and also a knee niggle but please, continue to tell us how he has been so disappointing and needs to be having more influence but is somehow still worth a FRDP...
Then we shouldn't be playing him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back