Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Callow is brilliant with ball in hand. Hard to see what his flaw was/is. Perhaps it's straight line speed. The rest looks great. I like the way he plays, seems very team oriented. He seems to play higher than Jex.

Best game I have seen from Downie. His kicking into the wind was a cut above everyone. He also kept his head over the footy and cant recall him fumbling. He just seemed less rushed and for the first time looked quicker than VFL level.

Dunno why Finn does the 2k time trial. He did a run here and there late in the game so hopefully he starts to use what he's got.

Ollie was terrific. If he could somehow add some muscle across his chest/shoulders, I'd lock him in as starting 18. He's clearly built up his tank so maybe they'll work on the body next.

Rowie6

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2007
East Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Ham United,Green Bay Packers.
Callow is brilliant with ball in hand. Hard to see what his flaw was/is. Perhaps it's straight line speed. The rest looks great. I like the way he plays, seems very team oriented. He seems to play higher than Jex.

Best game I have seen from Downie. His kicking into the wind was a cut above everyone. He also kept his head over the footy and cant recall him fumbling. He just seemed less rushed and for the first time looked quicker than VFL level.

Dunno why Finn does the 2k time trial. He did a run here and there late in the game so hopefully he starts to use what he's got.

Ollie was terrific. If he could somehow add some muscle across his chest/shoulders, I'd lock him in as starting 18. He's clearly built up his tank so maybe they'll work on the body next.
How did Seamus play?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
How did Seamus play?
Didn't do a great deal. Was playing as small forward so pretty easy to not see a heap of the footy.

We play Jex, Callow, Brooksby and Greene - pretty much all of them are marking forwards. It leaves types such as Mitchell, Pepper, Morris, Adduci to be secondary targets at best.

Dewnior

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who coached the team yesterday? I assume it wasn't Mitch as he would have flown down to Tassie with the senior team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Ollie would have to work in the gym……a new experience for Ollie. The kid has ability, but I reckon he will add to the List of blokes who have ability but not the commitment. I truly hope it changes.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Ollie would have to work in the gym……a new experience for Ollie. The kid has ability, but I reckon he will add to the List of blokes who have ability but not the commitment. I truly hope it changes.
At 23 he should be able to walk past a gym and put on muscle. A few times he did multiple fakes and was able to walk into space, even then he looked rushed. He seems not realise how quick he is. It's frustrating.

MatteeG

Senior List
Jul 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg FC, KC Royals, NO Saints
First time I've watched the team live (Kayo) and they are an exciting group when up and running. There was a piece of play where Jai got pinged HTB and fired right up, chased the next contest and absolutely crunched a pie for a HTB and got the ball back. Loved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad