Review Round 16, 2021: Colllingwood v Box Hill, 12pm Sat 31st Olympic park

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downie put his body on the line there. Great courage backing into Mason Cox of all players.

Jeka's game hasn't been pretty but he's still ended up scrapping for 4 goals 2, including some difficult shots.

I’d say Callow was the better overall forward due to his workrate, marking and hitting targets. But Jeka does some ridiculous things and to kick 4.2 in what I would consider a quiet game is impressive.

I’d say Callow was the better overall forward due to his workrate, marking and hitting targets. But Jeka does some ridiculous things and to kick 4.2 in what I would consider a quiet game is impressive.

Some of the guys played today like they realised their coach is now the senior coach, quite exciting. Ol' Kano thinks we have the worst list in the AFL - not sure what that says for the Pies then. I think we who watch BH know we've got some good kids coming through.

Oliver Hanrahan finishes as the dominant player on the ground doing his good work in the center square. Finishes with 35 touches and 9 clearances, having been pulled out to a wing for much of the third. He was always trying to be on the move with the ball and be positive with it. Reminds me a little of Wingard when he's in the guts but maybe doesn't have that defensive desperation Chad does yet.

Jai Newcombe had a sensational second half where he would float back and help in defense to good effect. His kicking was good all game. Also finished with 9 clearances and took advantage when opposed to the slower Sier.

Harry Morrison was the most composed player on the ground. Didn't win a stack of ball but had more time than anyone out there.

Morris looked assured from half back with bullet passes and vice hands. A bit of a Sicily impression.

Downie was very solid in one of his better games for Box Hill. Got the ball in space, moving better than he has in the past and showed courage a few times.

Callow looked really smart out there. Took some strong grabs and hit up players inside 50 better than anyone other than Harry.

Pepper, Jeka, Saunders and Ceglar were others with solid games. Jeka ended up with 4, which is great but he would have wanted to be more involved and take more lead up marks.

Finn was a bit off. Struggled to his targets and some quick forwards got the better of him. Did some good things in flashes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back