Autopsy Round 16, 2021: Hawks fall over against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

This experiment should have been closed last year.
The guy had 4 clearances in less than a quarter. Play him around the ball and you'll see a completely different result. Yes play him in a position he is neither suited to nor unknowledgeable and you get someone outstanding. (out standing there wondering what to do) play him as Mitchell did and clarko did for a part of a quarter and I think you'll find you'll get something entirely different. But go ahead make up your closed little mind and hate the bloke. (I know I know... "but i don't hate him I just wish..." you hate him. He's your whipping boy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1171044
This says everything. The guy had 4 clearances in less than a quarter. Play him around the ball and you'll see a completely different result. Yes play him in a position he is neither suited to nor unknowledgeable and you get someone outstanding. (out standing there wondering what to do) play him as Mitchell did and clarko did for a part of a quarter and I think you'll find you'll get something entirely different. But go ahead make up your closed little mind and hate the bloke. (I know I know... "but i don't hate him I just wish..." you hate him. He's your whipping boy.)

Lol, no his not. What make you think he will succeed in the midfield? At 197cm he will be liability, when the ball is constantly on the ground. How fast do you think he will move from contest to contest? How many high free kicks do you think he will give? There are reasons why midfielders at not at that height.

Foreign players have not successfully transferred to the nuance of our game unless you've grown up watching and playing the sport. You can see this with Mason Cox who have constant brain fades. Do you remember Kurt Heatherley? He picked it up the AFL game late and looked promising but then got exposed.

The only reason Jim Stynes made it is because players were running around in cow padlock at the time. Like I said before, he doesn't have the footy smarts especially with the speed of the game right now.

Gotta laugh at some of the people potting Kosi or Greaves. How many games have they played?? I thought Kosi competed well and hung in there even though not much happened for him in the first half. Kept competing. A few contested marks. Actually building a bit of consistency I reckon. Popping up for a goal or two most games.

And Greeves. Yeah he had a bit of a shocker. But that happens to everyone. Literally one of those night where the ball just didn't seem to bounce right for him. Almost comical. But he kept competing. I think, like Clarko suggested, he might have been one of the players almost trying TOO HARD initially.
Anyway, what was it, his 6th game?. Still got involved..18 disposals. Equal 5th highest hawk player.
And those suggesting he won't be on our list next year. God. Laughable. Sammy loves him at Box Hill. Mr reliable he views him as. Yes, Sam challenges him to work on his offended/defence balance, but basically said the only thing keeping him out of the seniors this year is how stacked we are in that position. If somehow he is not on a Hawks list next year, he will definitely be picked up by another club.

Unlike the past when we have dreamed of Omeara Anderson or Rowell with a poor draft hand we now have some very handy assets to make things happen.
If so then there will be a lot of upset Hawks if it happens that we get Horne? Steak knives won't get it done, steak(s) will be high

Anhihilated in the first half...completely rattled.

Better in the second half.

Philosophical approach. Want the win during the game. Think of the draft pick after it.
Want the win during the game, help out Geelong rival after it.

Nash probably wasn't used in the midfield because the midfield pace at AFL level is infinitely faster than VFL level and even more so in the midfield than any other position; something that Nash has always struggled with at AFL level. That in itself makes his selection ridiculous.

As for those bemoaning Rozee's staging, are you always on the toilet or something when Wingard does it because I never hear any complaining about it when it's him.
well, wingard doesn't get frees for it, in fact misses out on genuine frees so thats what we complain about. Whereas rozee clearly has the duckwood blessing by umpire 13

It was a free kick for holding the man not high. Go watch the reply. In any case he got a fist to the face. Both free kicks were there. Massive overreaction from the Hawthorn supporters.
we don't ever get those frees (for off the ball cheap shots) paid to us, so we get angry when softies get paid the other way.

This is 100% spot on and exactly how it felt at the game.

Was a passionless affair with no redeeming features. Port were just trucking along as uninspired as us.... just cleaner.

I wouldn't have been surprised if half the crowd was asleep and perhaps they might have been if it wasn't so cold.

Was very disappointing in terms of a willing contest on what was a special occassion.

seriously most people were watching/ dodging the seagulls (tbf there did seem to be a shitload)

Today's Herald Sun
It was a high pressure game.
The Hawks went at 191 & Port 204... & the margin at the end was scores from stoppages...
Once they find that midfield consistency, & a couple of forwards, the Hawks's rebuild will be tracking very positively.

Add 2 more talent speed midfielders from draft..
We have Seamus & Saunders 👍
Hopefully Jeka & Brockman as Forward

Speed is the key, Break & Open up definitely our weakeness midfield criteria.

HEY!! Strapping Young Lad
I don't drink that's discriminating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we stop the umpire bashing and the imagined bias against us? If our players made less mistakes than the umps we would of win by 10 goals and we’d be celebrating instead of whinging
Just responding to the pooort troll who drove by.
And rozee is a stager who gets rewarded
That is anger inducing

Just responding to the pooort troll who drove by.
And rozee is a stager who gets rewarded
That is anger inducing

Report them, please, don't respond to them.

Just clogs things up

Can we stop the umpire bashing and the imagined bias against us? If our players made less mistakes than the umps we would of win by 10 goals and we’d be celebrating instead of whinging
We deserved to get smashed, it still was different the way holds were interpretated (thanks Jobe) in the forward line.

Yep 100% agree.

We have been pretty much rubbish for the best part of 2 years but bang on about the umps.

I reckon our game style of chip and slow ball movement, and then scrap and fight when we don’t have it plus throw in Frost and Hartigan who are negative stoppers down back doesn’t give the umps a lot of options.

I don’t have an issue with the umps. We are sitting mid table with the free kick count differential which when you think about a 4-11 record is not all that bad.

If I was umpiring the game on the weekend, I’d probably be bias against us well. Being called “filthy maggots” before the game has even started is poor form from a select few vocal fans.

Seriously though, some of our fans spent more time giving it to Dixon and the umps than cheering for the Hawks. Makes you wonder why they even bother attending games.

If I was umpiring the game on the weekend, I’d probably be bias against us well. Being called “filthy maggots” before the game has even started is poor form from a select few vocal fans.

Seriously though, some of our fans spent more time giving it to Dixon and the umps than cheering for the Hawks. Makes you wonder why they even bother attending games.
There wasn't much to cheer for in the 1st half

Remove this Banner Ad

Back