Review Round 16, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Who were your five best players against the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

not much talk how the ARC and Oscar goal.
No way was that near a hand unless they have footage from broadcaster we do not have.

Hippy another beat up on the lions.. No idea how many of our players got suspended by Vic Media doubling down

This will be an unpopular opinion but I’m okay with Hippy going to the tribunal.

I don’t think what happened fits with the careless contact with an umpire and fits intentional contact with an umpire and definitely needs to be looked at strongly.

Before anyone has a fit I don’t think Hippy meant to cause the level of contact (he’s not that guy or type of player) that occurred but he knew what he was doing in pushing the bulldogs player.

I reckon they’ll struggle to prove intent at the hearing but I wouldn’t be surprised if gets a big fine or a week

This will be an unpopular opinion but I’m okay with Hippy going to the tribunal.

I don’t think what happened fits with the careless contact with an umpire and fits intentional contact with an umpire and definitely needs to be looked at strongly.

Before anyone has a fit I don’t think Hippy meant to cause the level of contact (he’s not that guy or type of player) that occurred but he knew what he was doing in pushing the bulldogs player.

I reckon they’ll struggle to prove intent at the hearing but I wouldn’t be surprised if gets a big fine or a week
Yes he knew that he was pushing the Bulldogs player for sure 100%. He & Gardner were pushing and shoving each other all game.
That said, Gardner was trying to block his run down into the 50 meter zone hence why Hippy gave him the shove.
At that same time, the umpire changed direction & started to moving into the zone where both Hippy & Gardner were moving.

If you think Hippy intentionally tried to push Gardner into the umpire then I think you are giving him too much credit for such a crafty & skillful act. I would be impressed by any player who could do that intentionally.

Question: How many times to players purposely push opposition players just like that in a game?
Question 2: Is pushing a player reportable? If so, the umpires need to be a lot more vigilant in reporting players in every game of AFL played.

The game is fast becoming unpopular. If he gets anything more than a $1000.00 fine, it just makes a bigger mockery of the game than it is already doing.

Yes he knew that he was pushing the Bulldogs player for sure 100%. He & Gardner were pushing and shoving each other all game.
That said, Gardner was trying to block his run down into the 50 meter zone hence why Hippy gave him the shove.
At that same time, the umpire changed direction & started to moving into the zone where both Hippy & Gardner were moving.

If you think Hippy intentionally tried to push Gardner into the umpire then I think you are giving him too much credit for such a crafty & skillful act. I would be impressed by any player who could do that intentionally.

Question: How many times to players purposely push opposition players just like that in a game?
Question 2: Is pushing a player reportable? If so, the umpires need to be a lot more vigilant in reporting players in every game of AFL played.

The game is fast becoming unpopular. If he gets anything more than a $1000.00 fine, it just makes a bigger mockery of the game than it is already doing.

Will you appear as a character reference for Eric at the tribunal?

Purposely pushing a player into an umpire is very different to pushing a player.

Apples and oranges there and to try and compare the 2 is laughable

Will you appear as a character reference for Eric at the tribunal?
I used to go to tribunal hearings often when I was club President to plead cases for our poor mis-understood players. ;) I found them quite amusing watching everyone looking like they were kings of the castle and powerful/important individuals. I expect these ones at the highest level would not be much different.

I used to go to tribunal hearings often when I was club President to plead cases for our poor mis-understood players. ;) I found them quite amusing watching everyone looking like they were kings of the castle and powerful/important individuals. I expect these ones at the highest level would not be much different.
Belated welcome to Big Footy Mr Sharpless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how he would go as a wing option. The prospect of that left foot of his delivering it to our forwards would be good to watch.
He’s deadly using the ball to get our transition going and he’s already doing a pretty good job with the overlap and delivering into 50 as it is. I think he’s the perfect guy to leave where he is and not overthink it.

not much talk how the ARC and Oscar goal.
No way was that near a hand unless they have footage from broadcaster we do not have.

Hippy another beat up on the lions.. No idea how many of our players got suspended by Vic Media doubling down

These dodgy ARC reviews s**t me. Three goals taken away in two games. Has this happened to any other team?

Late observation but I actually thought Prior lifted our team a bit once he came on as the sub. We looked slow and lacked intensity early, in contrast to Prior, he was attacking the ball at pace and hitting bodies in the first qtr. Our game got going from there. Ah Chee was similar I thought, which does show those fringe players and competition for spots can lift us as a side overall.

Dogs had a few key outs and short turnaround but was good to capitalise and get the win.

Just had a look and number 5 I think behind Rowell Anderson Jackson n Serong.
Erm, Tom Green. 😳

Young is having a good season for Fremantle, and Ash at GWS goes alright.

Pickett is having another good year, so to De Koning at Geelong.

Not sure where Rivers at Melbourne is at. Certainly hasn’t lived up to the season he had last year.

I’d have Jones, Georgiades and the Diver behind him.

Still, comfortably top 15 at this stage.

Erm, Tom Green. 😳

Young is having a good season for Fremantle, and Ash at GWS goes alright.

Pickett is having another good year, so to De Koning at Geelong.

Not sure where Rivers at Melbourne is at. Certainly hasn’t lived up to the season he had last year.

I’d have Jones, Georgiades and the Diver behind him.

Still, comfortably top 15 at this stage.
Indeed Briz for some reason I was thinking Top 10 .

Back