Preview Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Friday 1st July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a coach fix the midfield if he can’t drop anyone to bring anyone in.

I keep saying it but the pieces are better than some around us. Sydney and Freo don’t have piles of star mids. They work hard and for each other. Get Steele to sacrifice his game to block and scrag like Horse had his boys do. Lock up and wrestle to free up different guys at each ball up. There is heaps of coaching you can use to improve it. Hickey is an okay ruck but his impact on last week’s game was huge. They work hard as a unit, it’s not about stats.

Richmond won a triplet of flags with a solid but unspectacular midfield. They decided to play as a team before coming good. Melbourne had a huge turn around when guys like Gawn decided it was about the side not the individual.

Good news guys our loss against Brisbane ain't looking so bad

They did is a favour knocking off a side that was chasing a spot at the bottom of the 8. Lose tomorrow and it’s almost a road to long to make finals but the glimmer of a spark remains alive.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Unfortunately Gresh is not a good mid in that he isn’t the most dynamic kick. He kicks the odd goal like all good small forwards do, but unless he’s deeper and quicker with his kicking (and kicks off the ground less), he’s clogging up a midfield place.
I don’t really agree. Thought he was vital early. Kicking isn’t great but he zigs and zags and creates. It’s not like there is any replacement anyway.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I keep saying it but the pieces are better than some around us. Sydney and Freo don’t have piles of star mids. They work hard and for each other. Get Steele to sacrifice his game to block and scrag like Horse had his boys do. Lock up and wrestle to free up different guys at each ball up. There is heaps of coaching you can use to improve it. Hickey is an okay ruck but his impact on last week’s game was huge. They work hard as a unit, it’s not about stats.

Richmond won a triplet of flags with a solid but unspectacular midfield. They decided to play as a team before coming good. Melbourne had a huge turn around when guys like Gawn decided it was about the side not the individual.
Richmond had Martin. Melbourne have many. Sydney don’t have stars but they still have better mids than us. Freos midfield is underrated by you. Brayshaw is a star and a two way runner. Our mids are one way. No defence apart from Steele. Not sure him sacrificing his game helps us at all. Think he does anyway. He is covering for the rest of the mids who don’t understand defence and by defence I don’t mean tackles. Crouch does plenty of that. It’s stopping the opposition having clean possession. Look at tonight’s game and what Gagne said was right. Brisbane did what Richmond do and it’s get the next possession. A poor clearance counts as a clearance but ends up in the oppositions hands. We did that last week. Then we don’t turn around and chase. That then gives them a possession with zero pressure yet we get the clearance counted to us. I certainly know it’s not about stats. Said that earlier. Ross defensive no. Crouch defensive no Steele yep. Gresh even less defensive than the others. Jones maybe worse again. Windhanger and owens look like they have that but aren’t ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back