Preview Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Friday 1st July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key issue is a parter for King another tall key target 195+ type that can take the heat as well, and need to be the connection between the arcs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Carlton have Curnow and Mckay 192cm and 204cm respectively. A coleman medalist and the leading coleman this year.

We have Sharman 193cm and Max King 202cm.

There's no reason our forward duo can't be as effective as theirs. One giant and one mobile leading goal kicker. If you watch them they're a fantastic combo making up for the other's deficiencies. Both our two are the same age too, perfect age to develop chemistry together.

More the makeup of our flat footed midfield try as they might just get ran around.
Tentative movement of half back putting the mids/hfs under more pressure, we were always under Sydney pressure when delivering inside 50.
Don’t know how we fix it.
I thought about this this morning and agree. I didn't see a lack of effort out there last night. Clearly the effort was head and shoulders above where it was the week before so no complaints there. This one was squarely a result of gameplan. We did alright up until we got to our F50. Deplorable entry. Haven't seen anything like it in a long while. Kind of reminded me of the game in Geelong a few years ago where we just bombed it to Tom Stewart all day. It's just bad football. Horrible to watch.

Carlton have no backline so you'd think that's an advantage for us but without a backline they've still held teams to low scores because their system is so good. Not to mention turning around form like ours will take some time. Time that we don't have.

I don't know how they fix it but they've got 6 days to work it out and they better work it out because for all intents and purposes this is our season right here. We win and we move to 9-6 back in the pack chasing for 6th, 7th, 8th. Lose and we lose touch with the sides around us coupled with the difficult run home we all know about.

Key issue is a parter for King another tall key target 195+ type that can take the heat as well, and need to be the connection between the arcs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ratts would have him stand shoulder to shoulder with King and not allow either to move.

I thought about this this morning and agree. I didn't see a lack of effort out there last night. Clearly the effort was head and shoulders above where it was the week before so no complaints there. This one was squarely a result of gameplan. We did alright up until we got to our F50. Deplorable entry. Haven't seen anything like it in a long while. Kind of reminded me of the game in Geelong a few years ago where we just bombed it to Tom Stewart all day. It's just bad football. Horrible to watch.

Carlton have no backline so you'd think that's an advantage for us but without a backline they've still held teams to low scores because their system is so good. Not to mention turning around form like ours will take some time. Time that we don't have.

I don't know how they fix it but they've got 6 days to work it out and they better work it out because for all intents and purposes this is our season right here. We win and we move to 9-6 back in the pack chasing for 6th, 7th, 8th. Lose and we lose touch with the sides around us coupled with the difficult run home we all know about.

We said King would kick 14 because Essendon didn’t have a tall back. Carlton by 100+ …..goals.

Outs - Howard, Membrey, Paton, Jones, Long

Ins - Joyce, Ryder, Highmore, Owens Higgins

Howard is a liability, McKay will kick 10 goals on him, time to see what Joyce can do.
Membrey is cooked, he's been non exisistant this year.
Paton needs to go back to the VFL and get so e touch back, it's understandable considering he broke his leg last year.
Jobes, need I say more. Owen's has been good every game this year except the Pies game.
Long tries hard but just isn't there.

I would try to bring back Wood but that's a lot of changes so far.

A couple of weeks ago you would have thought this was a 50/50 game but with our recent form compared to Carlton's it's more 80/20 in their favour.

Ryder and Hill are obvious inclusions, Higgins needs to come back too as we need more goalkickers and Sharman looked well off the pace last night.

Wood could be another option to bring in up forward while Owens could replace Jones if he gets suspended and Highmore is a possible in for Paton.

If we can get back to our form prior to our bye we might be a chance but that's a big if, on our form of the last two weeks we look a long way off it.

When we win this do you guys think this will be enough to earn back your trust and support this season? Knocking off a fellow pretender? Or would you need to wait til we beat a proper finals team?
And I'm betting you said we would win the last Two , What makes you so cocky that we can beat them when they knocked us off last year and are traveling far better this year

Fair chance we could be 11th by end of today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'm betting you said we would win the last Two , What makes you so cocky that we can beat them when they knocked us off last year and are traveling far better this year
Part of me thinks that our side won't lose 3 in a row. We're genuinely not that bad. We talk up how s**t other teams are cause its fun but really sydney are quite a good side and Essendon shouldn't be as bad as they really are, it was always a chance to happen.

King has kicked 6 before so if he does that again we're even against McKay. Sharman to kick 2 isn't asking too much and under the roof it'll be easier to kick straight.

Steele did well in his first week back from a pretty rough injury and his second week should be even stronger. He's a tough competitor and while watching from the sidelines would have hurt I guarantee you playing through that embarassment would have him even more fired up.

Hill should be coming back which instantly strengthens our run and ball use, two of our major issues from last night.

Higgins to come back in and hopefully play like his first month of footy this year would make us potent.

I'd say its a 50/50 game but my bias pushes it to a 65-35.

also rucks we win

Part of me thinks that our side won't lose 3 in a row. We're genuinely not that bad. We talk up how s**t other teams are cause its fun but really sydney are quite a good side and Essendon shouldn't be as bad as they really are, it was always a chance to happen.
We have lost three in a row

King has kicked 6 before so if he does that again we're even against McKay. Sharman to kick 2 isn't asking too much and under the roof it'll be easier to kick straight.

Steele did well in his first week back from a pretty rough injury and his second week should be even stronger. He's a tough competitor and while watching from the sidelines would have hurt I guarantee you playing through that embarassment would have him even more fired up.

Hill should be coming back which instantly strengthens our run and ball use, two of our major issues from last night.

Higgins to come back in and hopefully play like his first month of footy this year would make us potent.

I'd say its a 50/50 game but my bias pushes it to a 65-35.

also rucks we win
How do we know Hill will play next week as we don't even know why he didn't play this week , Higgins is no chance to come back after his game on the weekend unless they are going to roll the dice in hope .
Asking Max to kick 6 is outrageous , he is in horrible form ATM and body language is not great , the only possible way we win is getting a more even goal kicking spread , we need at least 8 if not 10 different goal kickers , change your 65-35 to the other way around and your close to the truth IMO

Carlton players have been very scarred of your mob this century. 3 losses in a row your team will lift no doubt (see Melbourne). If we play like we did against Syd and Freo we’ll win.. else it’s a toss of the coin.
Not a chance in hell we’ll win this…our confidence levels are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
Both players and supporters.

Not a chance in hell we’ll win this…our confidence levels are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
Both players and supporters.
We win maybe 3 more the year

Carlton players have been very scarred of your mob this century. 3 losses in a row your team will lift no doubt (see Melbourne). If we play like we did against Syd and Freo we’ll win.. else it’s a toss of the coin.
Mate , you know nothing about our club , 3 losses just means its more likely to end up 5 or 6 losses in a row

His stats were not great but got to a lot of contests , really jumped for a few hangers , they just didn't stick . Must play again next week
Yeah wort another crack. * knows we have * all else to throw at it.
I thought Sharmy looked
Really gassed after a couple of those contests to be honest.

We have lost three in a row
We won't lose four in a row then
How do we know Hill will play next week as we don't even know why he didn't play this week , Higgins is no chance to come back after his game on the weekend unless they are going to roll the dice in hope .
Asking Max to kick 6 is outrageous , he is in horrible form ATM and body language is not great , the only possible way we win is getting a more even goal kicking spread , we need at least 8 if not 10 different goal kickers , change your 65-35 to the other way around and your close to the truth IMO
Hill's personal reasons could be a month could be a day who knows but at least its not something concrete like a hamstring or something where he's out minimum a couple weeks. Once whatever going on in his life is sorted he can slot straight back in.

Max might play well and if he does we're a chance to win.

I dunno it just doesn't feel like everything's over yet. The sort of match we win to give our supporters enough hope to disappoint us the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back