Preview Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm 3rd July Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brockman and Mitchell are out for the year. Not one small forward available in the reserves. :oops:
Breust also doesn't provide much in terms of pressure. It's up to Butler and Moore to do most of it weekly. I don't mind the fact we get to see Butler for another week. Seeing glimpses he could be a real player the more matches he plays.

This time last year Day was BOG. I would like to see him play every game for the rest of the year, and for him to play in the midfield of course. :)

Round 15 2021

GWS Giants v Hawthorn​

9 Will Day (HAW)
6 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
5 Ben McEvoy (HAW)
4 Dylan Moore (HAW)
4 Jack Scrimshaw (HAW)
2 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)

This time last year Day was BOG. I would like to see him play every game for the rest of the year, and for him to play in the midfield of course. :)

He's had such an unlucky run at things this season.

Missed early rounds due to preseason set back, got concussed against the Saints, collided with the boundary fence and hurt his ankle v the Lions(?), and got the Vid before the Dogs game.

Kinda just want him to string some games together and set himself for a proper breakout szn next year

ROUND 16 SQUAD
GWS GIANTS v Hawthorn
Sunday 3 July, 3.20pm

B: James Blanck, Jack Scrimshaw, Will Day
HB: Jarman Impey, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Lachlan Bramble, Tom Mitchell, Harry Morrison
HF: Sam Butler, Mitch Lewis, Dylan Moore
F: Luke Breust, Jacob Koschitzke, Connor Macdonald
R: Ned Reeves, Jai Newcombe, Jaeger O'Meara
INT (from): Changkuoth Jiath, Conor Nash, James Worpel, Jack Gunston, Josh Morris, Finn Maginness, Liam Shiels, Kyle Hartigan

In: Jack Gunston, Will Day, Finn Maginness, Kyle Hartigan
Out: Daniel Howe (omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised DGB not named. Must need to learn some lessons at BH.
Looks like Ward needs another week too.

Was hoping we'd stamp some papers. Clearly not.
Stamping papers is for emotional fans. Clubs aren’t going to do it, unless they want turmoil amongst their playing list and a horrible name amongst the league.

Hartigan in and not DGB doesn't sit real well with me.

Especially against a team with only one true key forward.
I'm not sure why people feel players are completely unable to develop in the VFL. Maybe they want DGB to play a more important role and develop his leadership abilities in the seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back