Preview Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm 3rd July Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamping papers is for emotional fans. Clubs aren’t going to do it, unless they want turmoil amongst their playing list and a horrible name amongst the league.
At some point we have to move on. Let's be fair here, naming Hartigan doesn't achieve much with 8 rounds to go.
As I said, clearly they want DGB to work on some things.

At some point we have to move on. Let's be fair here, naming Hartigan doesn't achieve much with 8 rounds to go.
As I said, clearly they want DGB to work on some things.
Of course it does, mate.

You couldn’t possibly expect a coach or club to just blacklist players in June and refuse to name them.
This belief that a club should just call it quits with players halfway through a season is plain ludicrous.

What sort of petulance would this promote within a club? What does it say to players who are struggling with confidence?
“Geez, I only get a couple of chances then they’ll relegate me to the twos for half the season?”. What a toxic culture you’d promote if you had a coach that just “stamped papers” at Round 15.

Having a player on an extended bench really shouldn’t earn the hysterics that we sometimes see here, especially when we don’t even know who may have a cloud hanging over them to play.

It's possible Blanck or Sicily has a niggle, so they need a possible big back-up at the last minute? (I don't expect him to actually play unless there is some issue with the players I've mentioned.)

Yes, I would prefer games into DGB as well, but I think we as fans can be too 'rigid' with our philosophy about who 'should' play and who 'shouldn't'.

There are a LOT of things going on behind the scenes that we know absolutely nothing about...

Couple of big knocks at training today. Both players ok but scares.

First was BB in a contested marking duel. Copped a big whack on the back of the head/neck. Grabbed it straight away. Players in the group all gasping with concern. Was ok after but some real concern when it happened.

2nd was Will Day in the contested ball movement. Had a leg hanging out which got clipped in a contest near the boundary. Didn't look great for a minute but was ok. Was feeling it still a bit later in the same drill. Poor bugger he is all arms and legs just can't get a clean run at it with his playing style. His head makes him go where his body can't always handle. This is a good thing in time but we just need to nurse him thru these early years.

Gee we miss Big boys contested marking. Need him back bigtime will make a huge difference.

Lynch was out there training which was good to see. Moving well.

Great to see Mitch Lewis give a mid a spray too for kicking to the wrong spot in the F50. He has a presence it is great.

Of course it does, mate.

You couldn’t possibly expect a coach or club to just blacklist players in June and refuse to name them.
This belief that a club should just call it quits with players halfway through a season is plain ludicrous.

What sort of petulance would this promote within a club? What does it say to players who are struggling with confidence?
“Geez, I only get a couple of chances then they’ll relegate me to the twos for half the season?”. What a toxic culture you’d promote if you had a coach that just “stamped papers” at Round 15.

Having a player on an extended bench really shouldn’t earn the hysterics that we sometimes see here, especially when we don’t even know who may have a cloud hanging over them to play.
I think what I've learnt from leading teams is that a team is almost a 'living organism' that you have to nuture and guide towards your utlimate goal. It's constantly changing and evolving, and different parts need different things at different times. Sometimes you make decisions based on the good of the collective, rather than the individual component. i think as fans, sometimes we fall into the trap of judging a decision on it's direct outcome (i.e. dropping or selecting a player), rather than it's indirect contribution to the ultimate goal (e.g. a culture of inclusion or reward for effort).

I think what I've learnt from leading teams is that a team is almost a 'living organism' that you have to nuture and guide towards your utlimate goal. It's constantly changing and evolving, and different parts need different things at different times. Sometimes you make decisions based on the good of the collective, rather than the individual component. i think as fans, sometimes we fall into the trap of judging a decision on it's direct outcome (i.e. dropping or selecting a player), rather than it's indirect contribution to the ultimate goal (e.g. a culture of inclusion or reward for effort).
Thats the thing right ppl forget that players are human beings. This is not fantasy football. You cant sub players on and off at will

That Chad Wingard body ey, soft tissue problem after soft tissue problem.

I learnt a long long time ago that a football club is only as strong as it’s seconds team are happy.

If they feel engaged, rewarded for effort and like they will be given a shot on merit, the club will be very strong on and off the field.

I’d be interested to know of your involvement with leading teams, of have you just read a lot about them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I learnt a long long time ago that a football club is only as strong as it’s seconds team are happy.

If they feel engaged, rewarded for effort and like they will be given a shot on merit, the club will be very strong on and off the field.

I’d be interested to know of your involvement with leading teams, of have you just read a lot about them?
Ive dealt with them a few times . What xmarksthespot says is on the money and a good portail of what they do .

Thats why I personally am not getting too fixated on selection , as their would more than a simple ' form , age etc' to some of them .
There may be personal or even team and club elements to decisions.

Its interesting to be involved in , most thrive but some simple do not .......we may see come trade etc later this year

Sorry, I haven't had direct contact with Leading Teams, I meant that those are some of the lessons I've learnt from teams I've lead. Sorry for the confusion!

Thats the thing right ppl forget that players are human beings. This is not fantasy football.
The other analogy that springs to mind, some posters view players as Pokemon to be traded. All a big game, no actual humans involved in the frenzy, just imaginary beings and abstract numbers...

Does anyone have any experience at Giants Stadium? Are any of the GA areas undercover as it looks like it's gonna rain buckets and I don't care to get soaked.
Any tips appreciated.

Sections 252,253,area rows K L M N all
Under stand cover and good view
Hope that helps - that is where I’m sitting

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back