Game Day Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the ball isn't as wet as hawthorn thinks it is. We keep punching balls we could mark. When picking it up, we are grabbing it expecting it to slip out.

Carlton have been doing very well to get back?????

We forgetting the 50 million number one picks they've had? Lol

In a game where I didn’t expect much I’m surprised how disappointed I am with this

An awful performance in awful conditions, at a s**t ground with perhaps the worst commentary team ever assembled, accompanied by inexplicably bad and consistently one-sided umpiring, plus injuries to key players. What a day.

This is exactly the way the AFL intended it, though.

Story of the day.

They have played accountable football, meaning they tackled us when we didn't have it, pushed us square in the back with two hands at almost every one-on-one marking contest, ran through the 'protected zone' repeatedly, and had high contact and rough conduct go unpunished.

That tackle on Worpel should result in a suspension. It won't. GWS have a very high dickhead quotient. Plus the three umpires. Just a s**t game of football all around.

We are a below average football side with an ordinary list being beaten by a below average football side with a good list and the most farcical coaching panel ever assembled. Started with Sheedy AND now Hird? They'll never win s**t.

An a more positive note, Blanck has been competent. And Mitchell doing his best. But our midfield setup is nowhere near competitive in any conditions. Let alone in the wet.

So many ********s play for GWS. Most of them will be remembered for their great effort in the GF against Richmond. Couldn’t happen to a group of more deserving people.

Yep it feels like a real step back in our development. A bit like we're out of answers.
I think the last two weeks have been a massive reality check.

Beaten soundly by two average teams in Bulldogs and Giants.

Major structural issues in midfield and forward line being exposed.

And like you say nalqck of immediate answers to turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So...who is playing on Tex next week..
Hawks looking all out of petrol tickets at this stage of the season.
Long few weeks coming up. I only see one win in the remainder

No 50 for reeves - was certainly within 5m
When Mitchell squibbed his kick at goal earlier, two GWS players ran through the zone. I honestly don't understand how the umpires are so bad, as well as being utterly inconsistent, and nothing is ever said.

The game is in a farcical state. Our performance today is no better. Just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back