Preview Round 16 - Bombers vs Swans - Saturday 02 Jul @ 1:45pm MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBloodBlackSwan

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
While I obviously don’t want us to lose, this Board will be an amazing sight if we screw this game up. The meltdown will be of such epic proportions that we’ll be referring to it for years to come ;).
I’d get so angry I would put by cheese toastie in the microwave until it melted

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I think many of us are hoping Horse will give him a chance as a HFF. Playing as a lockdown defender does not give him a chance to use his skills, although I thought he actually gave it a decent go. Last week he popped up on a wing at times, a role that perhaps he's not ready for. I suspect you're right in your assessment of him not getting a proper go in the front half given our obsession with the mythical lock down (non goal kicking) small. With none of Wicks, Bell or Ronke in the side, surely this has to be the week........
Structurally HBFers, even back pockets, will pop upon the wing and HHF when we are pressing in possession. We tend to try to move as a pack.
I think it was Nick Riewoldt who observed last season that we try to keep a six-six-six setup when locking the opposition into D50. Why we see the backs getting quite deep F50 entries when we force a turnover.
Interesting to observe.

I’d get so angry I would put by cheese toastie in the microwave until it melted

Molten cheese burns everywhere if we lose. Painful but still tasty as we look for signs of hope.

Roses are red
Leicester is the biz
If we get done
Cheese will spit and fizz

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Campbell is not a small pressure forward. He played his best at juniors as a HF with an elite boot, hitting team mates in F50 and blasting long range goals. Hope that's where he is played.

Re. small pressure forward (who doesn't necessarily need to be a direct threat in front of goal - Sam Wicks), when did this become a specific role anyway. I'd argue teams like Lions and Dees just play their most threatening in front of goal forward line and get them all to do their job without the ball, helped out by a hard working midfield. Pre Wicks, who actually did this role for us anyway? It's almost like it was created to justify the continual selection of guys like Wicks and Bell.
Tigers won three premierships mongrel balling in and their small forwards holding it there. Everyone learnt.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
With Saints win over Carlton and neither gaining % we have a great opportunity.
Yeah, obvious. I know. We need to be ruthless to make sure we jump Carlton into 5th.
But on Sunday! Woohoohoo! Go Port! If they can get the job done Freo will drop a couple of % and we jump to 4th.
I know it's not really that likely but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
With Saints win over Carlton and neither gaining % we have a great opportunity.
Yeah, obvious. I know. We need to be ruthless to make sure we jump Carlton into 5th.
But on Sunday! Woohoohoo! Go Port! If they can get the job done Freo will drop a couple of % and we jump to 4th.
I know it's not really that likely but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

I dont trust this team yet enough to make it a certainty tomorrow lol.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I dont trust this team yet enough to make it a certainty tomorrow lol.
Yeah. Our ability to win these games has been sorely lacking. The Port game this year, and multiple games last year that cost us a top 4 chance.

We simply cannot afford to stuff this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back