Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGBeach

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Thank goodness Bing Lee has come on board to sponsor the Swans AFLW.. The inside gossip was that the Swans were only interested in getting free toastie makers to help the skinny players put on some bulk.. I here Lachlan 'Stretch' McAndrew is now the proud owner of two.

Edit.. Swans by a traditional ham cheese tomato toastie.. 68 pts

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
OK.

Maths time.

Pay attention class.

In any given AFL season, approximately 28% of teams win at least one final (on average, 5 clubs each year win one or more finals).

The chance of NOT winning a final in any given year is therefore about 72%.

Essendon haven’t won a final in 17 seasons.u need to be sacked as our maths teacher

The chance of that happening is 0.72^17.

Which equals 0.37%.

That’s right - the chance of an AFL club having a record as dismal as Essendon is 0.37%.

Add in the drugs saga + Dodoro & it’s easy to see why they are indeed the most wretched sporting club in Australia.

Swans by 70.
I'm afraid you need to be sacked as our maths teacher Quaker. The probability of not winning a final over a 17 year period is 72% or .75 divided by 17. That equals .044 which is actually 4.4%.

Kirkswan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Apologies off topic but hopefully P McCartin continues his good form this week.
Fun facts:

Neither of the McCartins tackle... combined they average 1.2 tackles per game this season.

Again combined and for this season, they each average per game: 5 marks, 7 intercepts, 7 1%ers

Stunning really, when you consider Paddy has played exactly 13 games in defence, and Tom is still only 22.

The next 5 years or so promises to be delightful...

Source

Donza

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
Any ways. Thread will come back on track when we hear from the swans tomorrow. See training pics etc.

Then it will die in the lead up to 6.25pm Thursday.

Then come alive if Bell is selected.

Personally. The team will be pretty settled.

I have no idea re essendon. Stringer looks like he couldn't give a s**t. Which worries me. As he's the difference between a dangerous bombers side and a lacklustre one.

hairy biker

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Any ways. Thread will come back on track when we hear from the swans tomorrow. See training pics etc.

Then it will die in the lead up to 6.25pm Thursday.

Then come alive if Bell is selected.

Personally. The team will be pretty settled.

I have no idea re essendon. Stringer looks like he couldn't give a s**t. Which worries me. As he's the difference between a dangerous bombers side and a lacklustre one.

Yep last three pages have just been a product of a no football news mid winter Monday after a solid win. (Lost and we'd still be debating it for the next week).
Bit of fun, no harm done and we move on.

David King highlighted a passage of lazy play from Stringer on 'First Crack' and suggested Stringer should be dropped to send a message on acceptable standards.
Wouldn't be unhappy from a Swans perspective if Essendon followed through on King's suggestion.

Donza

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
Good to get another run on the MCG, crowd number will be interesting , Essendon fans deserve a bit of credit , they do continue to show up
Crowd will be better than a mfc recent home game.
I reckon 40 k.

Saturday looks like a classic Melbourne grey 12 degree day.

Classic ABC drama Phoenix and Janus weather and light.

Membling

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
I'm afraid you need to be sacked as our maths teacher Quaker. The probability of not winning a final over a 17 year period is 72% or .75 divided by 17. That equals .044 which is actually 4.4%.

Pretty sure Quaker is spot on actually.

Each season is an independent variable and therefore it is .72 x .72 etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty sure Quaker is spot on actually.

Each season is an independent variable and therefore it is .72 x .72 etc etc
I do stand by my analysis.

I believe the independent variable is correct, as is the basis of my calculation.

I’m about to board a flight to Abu Dhabi, which will give me plenty of time to re-assess the mathematics of Essendon’s putridness.

But in the meantime, I’m not yet ready to take the pen from my shirt pocket, remove my leather elbow patches and accept my axing as board maths teacher.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

I believe the independent variable is correct, as is the basis of my calculation.

I’m about to board a flight to Abu Dhabi, which will give me plenty of time to re-assess the mathematics of Essendon’s putridness.

But in the meantime, I’m not yet ready to take the pen from my shirt pocket, remove my leather elbow patches and accept my axing as board maths teacher.

Whatever you say Abu Dhabi Quacker

hairy biker

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Got to say I admire your self control.

14 hours without the pipe. :worried:

41854ecad3d98d362f6027c2b5833667.jpg

Hope it's a good book.

Of course one could always consider Shinichi Mochizuki and the ABC conjecture.
That should see you drift off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad