Preview Round 16 - Bombers vs Swans - Saturday 02 Jul @ 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from SA... So is Hayward, who I think is the one that should be on the cusp this week, if JMac or Cunningham are good to go.

So let’s completely unbalance the side…why get rid of a forward for two blokes that aren’t forward. Hayward has been good this year, sure as anything has done more than Papley up there

ruins a breakfast
And I repeat
No Thank You Kingofqueens GIF by TV Land

So let’s completely unbalance the side…why get rid of a forward for two blokes that aren’t forward. Hayward has been good this year, sure as anything has done more than Papley up there
I really think you're exaggerating what I'm saying. Hayward has been fairly average for the most part. I had a birds eye view to some of his blunders last week and he didn't do much in a romp against the Saints either. Doing more than Papley, if you've been watching the Swans this year, is not exactly a high bar. Papley at least has the potential to turn a game. And it's not even true recently. Papley on the weekend pressured more, tackled more, and kicked a couple while also doing stints in the mids.

Honestly don't know what you mean by unbalancing the side. Campbell if he survives, we know was predominantly a forward until drafting, with some mid/wing time. Cunningham was a forward/wing until the last couple of years. JMac is a decent forward option, although probably wouldn't play there. If the latter two only pushed players up the ground (like Lloyd), and the flow on effects, there's others like Parker who can provide attacking options. It's not just as simple as saying X is a forward, must replace with a player exactly like them.

I had the best toasted cheese sandwich of my life at a cheese shop on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn a few years back. Now I'm worried that I'll never have a toastie experience which stacks up to that, and it's all downhill from age 21.

It could be worse though. If I was age 21 and an Essendon fan, I'd have no memory of seeing my team win a single final. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
I really think you're exaggerating what I'm saying. Hayward has been fairly average for the most part. I had a birds eye view to some of his blunders last week and he didn't do much in a romp against the Saints either. Doing more than Papley, if you've been watching the Swans this year, is not exactly a high bar. Papley at least has the potential to turn a game. And it's not even true recently. Papley on the weekend pressured more, tackled more, and kicked a couple while also doing stints in the mids.

Honestly don't know what you mean by unbalancing the side. Campbell if he survives, we know was predominantly a forward until drafting, with some mid/wing time. Cunningham was a forward/wing until the last couple of years. JMac is a decent forward option, although probably wouldn't play there. If the latter two only pushed players up the ground (like Lloyd), and the flow on effects, there's others like Parker who can provide attacking options. It's not just as simple as saying X is a forward, must replace with a player exactly like them.

So let’s make how many positional changes…how about no thanks and Cunningham can earn his spot. The team finally put a four quarter performance last week. Campbell wouldn’t be a better FWD than Hayward right now. He just wouldn’t. You are wanting to make too many. Hanged when we won by 51 points. I can get JMac for Campbell. That’s it and it’s all that’s needed

FWIW - my favourite toasted sandwich - you used to get these little tins of braised steak and onions, not the bigger tins from Harvest or Tom Piper these days which are garbage. Forget the brand but they aren't around anymore. That and cheese. Mwah.

So let’s make how many positional changes…how about no thanks and Cunningham can earn his spot. The team finally put a four quarter performance last week. Campbell wouldn’t be a better FWD than Hayward right now. He just wouldn’t. You are wanting to make too many. Hanged when we won by 51 points. I can get JMac for Campbell. That’s it and it’s all that’s needed
I think you're confusing the options I'm giving, with the 1 or 2 (beneficial) positional changes that would come with the couple of changes I've suggested I wouldn't mind, in addition to also saying several times that I'd be fine with no changes! I've spent most of my time in this convo answering the less than true things you've said, rather than saying X must be done. I'm really not sure what you're strongly arguing against.

And we'll just have to disagree on Campbell being a better forward than Hayward at the moment. At worst it wouldn't work very well, he wouldn't do a lot, maybe bob up with a goal and not see much of it, and we'd have replicated a fair bit of Hayward's form.

It could be worse though. If I was age 21 and an Essendon fan, I'd have no memory of seeing my team win a single final. Long may it continue.

If you're a Swans fan under 10 you won't have a memory of a Swans final win. We've lost our last three (over five years), two of which were maulings. The last win was against Essendon, so it barely counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the best toasted cheese sandwich of my life at a cheese shop on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn a few years back. Now I'm worried that I'll ever have a toastie experience which stacks up to that, and it's all downhill from age 21.

Well done Indie_ If I may say an excellent

segway-product-lineup-1000-300x167.jpg

And yes for you smarties out there I know it's spelled segue, but this is way funnier.
Although I suppose if you have to qualify the joke maybe it's not as funny as I first thought.
In fact in hindsight I've probably outsmarted myself.
Serves me right really.

Well done Indie_ If I may say an excellent

View attachment 1434751

And yes for you smarties out there I know it's spelled segue, but this is way funnier.
Although I suppose if you have to qualify the joke maybe it's not as funny as I first thought.
In fact in hindsight I've probably outsmarted myself.
Serves me right really.

Sorry HB but all this did is remind me of Subway, and now I'm thinking about sandwiches again.

Sorry HB but all this did is remind me of Subway, and now I'm thinking about sandwiches again.

my kids sometimes watch people making subway on tiktok /youtube

Back in my day we watched bloody fawlty towers or mr bean repeats for the 400th time

my kids sometimes watch people making subway on tiktok /youtube

Back in my day we watched bloody fawlty towers or mr bean repeats for the 400th time

I'm young enough for TikTok but it's lost on me. I also grew up on a TV diet of Fawlty Towers. For a few years when I was a kid I lived above a pub and it also served as a hotel, so Fawlty Towers kinda felt like a reality show for me at times. Also resonated with me was the episode of Some Mothers Do Ave Em, where Frank Spencer dismantles his hotel room and throws the scraps out "in the morning."

But IMO Mr Bean does trump all. A show that should never, ever have worked, but never missed.

I think you're confusing the options I'm giving, with the 1 or 2 (beneficial) positional changes that would come with the couple of changes I've suggested I wouldn't mind, in addition to also saying several times that I'd be fine with no changes! I've spent most of my time in this convo answering the less than true things you've said, rather than saying X must be done. I'm really not sure what you're strongly arguing against.

And we'll just have to disagree on Campbell being a better forward than Hayward at the moment. At worst it wouldn't work very well, he wouldn't do a lot, maybe bob up with a goal and not see much of it, and we'd have replicated a fair bit of Hayward's form.

I’m against moving players to fit in a bloke in Cunningham thought that was obvious. Cunningham has been very average at absolute best this season. I don’t have an issue with keeping Campbell in the side but then JMac misses too. Either one is fine, the other should be the sub. Why are we changing the side when we won by 50+ and finally produced a 4 quarter effort. It makes no sense. Hayward has been our best forward over the whole season too

I'm young enough for TikTok but it's lost on me. I also grew up on a TV diet of Fawlty Towers. For a few years when I was a kid I lived above a pub and it also served as a hotel, so Fawlty Towers kinda felt like a reality show for me at times. Also resonated with me was the episode of Some Mothers Do Ave Em, where Frank Spencer dismantles his hotel room and throws the scraps out "in the morning."

But IMO Mr Bean does trump all. A show that should never, ever have worked, but never missed.
I grew up in the Kingswood Country era.

Ted Bullpit would doubtless have been an Essendon supporter.

I grew up in the Kingswood Country era.

Ted Bullpit would doubtless have been an Essendon supporter.

Was before my time and saw repeats only, but didnt he hate aussie rules and the son in law liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back