Preview Round 16 - Bombers vs Swans - Saturday 02 Jul @ 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in that case at Christmas mix leftover turkey chicken ham chopped up with mayo and cranberry sauce, then toast that mixture in a sanga
Nice!

Winter leftovers = Roast Lamb. Cheese. Smooshed up roast veg (has to include pumpkin). Very nice.

Talking nice... Reckon Foxy was great last week & fit in nicely. Interested to see where they play him though as I can see him being useful on the wing against Essendon.

he has had some nice passes this year

He's no Gulden or Blakey or Campbell but I suppose those guys are risk/reward type kicks so are more likely to stuff up than Mills. If he could get rid of the helicopter kicks that literally go 30m into the air but about 5 metres in distance then he'd be a bloody elite kick.

He's no Gulden or Blakey or Campbell but I suppose those guys are risk/reward type kicks so are more likely to stuff up than Mills. If he could get rid of the helicopter kicks that literally go 30m into the air but about 5 metres in distance then he'd be a bloody elite kick.

ditto Parker, but guess thats the under pressure kick

Buddy is a great field kick

Wierd how players who do this all play inside midfield?

Wierd how players who do this all play inside midfield?

Some more so than others. If you've got a burst of acceleration you can get that extra drive on the kick through those few extra steps. Yeah it's a long bomb but it gains territory and can lead to deep forward entries. I can live with long bombs.

If you're doing a hack kick off one step it literally covers hardly any territory and is easily cut off by defenders. So hack kicks do my head in (and yes I do realise there are odd occasions where there is literally no alternative.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will be our Mitch Morton?
I still hold hope it will be Lewie Taylor
in that case at Christmas mix leftover turkey chicken ham chopped up with mayo and cranberry sauce, then toast that mixture in a sanga
That's our Boxing Day lunch EVERY year! Our Canberran son in law introduced us too it when he came into our lives and it was love at first bite!
You know my view.
Pick two proper All Star teams to play off. Non-Vic plus Geelong vs Melbourne.
Proceeds to charity.
That would be magic, but unfortunately can't see it happening any time soon.

Last edited:
Given he's been mentored by JPK and Parker, I don't think the helicopter kicks are going anywhere soon.

Gulden, Campbell aren't great kicks if you look at the stats, but when they pull it off you tend to forget about the times they don't. With maturity will come consistency hopefully.

Why do we need two skinny geeks who never played the game on commentary?
Give me Huddo over BT and a bunch of the ex-players any day of the week. I prefer the game to just be called well, than listen to ego tickling, half the game being missed because of banter (though that's generally more on radio), or meaningless catchphrases. Mark Howard I'm not a massive fan of, but he's pretty versatile and a decent host / backup play-by-play.

Can't believe they're still going on about Parker. Meanwhile back in the day - Hodge disrespects Bud and its 'oh just something between the boys' play on.
Hypocrites.

Its almost like the afl media are that weird little loner kid in high school that has his crush/enemy written in his diary on every single page.

Some would call it an obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back