Preview Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney, Tuesday 8 September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Already ruled out for the season.

That is true,a gut feeling. And perhaps I am dreaming,lol and not sure Buddy playing in the last couple of rounds would be a good thing any way for the team structure.BUT Buddy playing a game,Paps in a forward pocket and the team focus on Paps as the key forward I like.But as I said I am dreaming.

Last edited:
Gotta love the fact that there's drama after a win.
Hopefully the boys won't be affected by what's happened/happening off feild.

Why does the title of this thread not reflect on the abject filth that is the pratvilje Carlollies?

Irrespective of ins and outs for our team we must put this mob to the sword.

If Sinclair is fit to play, I can only see Mills coming in and Thurlow being the unlucky one. He played some strong footy on the wing but has shifted down back the last few games and has been fine but can't see the other defenders losing their place. The only other option would be Aliir moving out of defence again but I hope that doesn't happen as he's finally playing his ideal spot as the intercepting 3rd tall.

Mills (if fit) comes in for Thurlow. Mills adds to our skill, leadership and versatility. Hope he gets midfield time. Maybe Brand for Melican to play on McKay.

Cripps is slower than Squaddy's wit, but still gets the ball. JPK should directed to do a shutdown one on one role on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF there is one team /club I desire for a Swans WIN... then this is IT!

On paper.... yes ok .. but that has been the last 20 yrs since Kouta ,... even Judd couldn't fix it!

Nah a barometer of how a much better team/coach/ method works.

I say continue to try out the fringe players. Not the super young recruits Stephens (but they might risk it) or Gould or Warner
(Hoping like hell McClean gets a bigger brief at FF and in... even if he disappoints!)

1 Parker .....is worth 1.5+ Cripps!

Go the Swannies!!!!

Would be nice to win another one before the end of the season......that being said I have never looked forward to a season finishing more than this one.

Will be interesting at selection tonight, I feel like there might be few surprises coming. Sinclair may need a rest before the last two so it wouldn't surprise to see Amartey get a run, a short scrimmage match won't rule him out I would think, largely it will be down back I guess where we see the most discussion. If Mills returns we then need another to omit. Would Fox be due a rest? Maybe a possibility for Brand to return and gain a bit of height down back

I think with changes this week, and the last two, form will not play a big role in who goes in and out.

I think we win with ease, Blues 1 goal in their last 4 second half quarters is dismal for them, McCartin looking a strong option down back and the team beginning to really click. That Freo performance was the exception not the rule and we've looked superb outside that for the last few weeks.

3-4 goal win.

McCartin has improved so much as a forward this year. I wish we would just leave him there and let him develop, not keep switching him around and delaying his natural progression.
I disagree, my friend. I think that an extended spell at CHB both strengthens the team at that end, and gives him valuable experience in when to time leads, leading patterns, etc while at the same time developing his marking by reading the play from behind the ball. Even if it is 12 months, I think we would either have found an irreplaceable CHB or a vastly improved CHF. The only problem we have is what to do with the train wreck of a forward line that would leave us with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back