Preview Round 16 changes v Cats @gmhba Saturday night July 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It will turn around. There is real talent on that list but so many are really inexperienced.

I’m glad you ended up hanging onto Goldy. One of my favourite players in the league. I went to a couple of North matches this year with a Roos-supporting mate and in both games he delivered an absolute masterclass.

Yes it will......eventually.

Goldstein is still a very good player I agree (not handled well by the coach at all though). I don't really think it was an issue hanging on to him, he was already contracted.

You guys have been down this low before though and yeah, we do have real talent so appreciate the sentiment.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yes it will......eventually.

Goldstein is still a very good player I agree (not handled well by the coach at all though). I don't really think it was an issue hanging on to him, he was already contracted.

You guys have been down this low before though and yeah, we do have real talent so appreciate the sentiment.
Yeah no worries. I’ll * off now because I’m not exactly on topic. And yeah it takes a while, plus half of Footy Classified devoted to Tasmania / fold / culture stuff in no particular order. It somehow seems more hopeful for your team given there are a number of really gifted but very young players. My recollection of same was basically Nathan Jones surrounded by mysterious mature age VFL players that were going to be the ‘moneyball’ solution, watching Stef Martin tear it up in QLD and it was all Jack Watts fault. s**t times.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some players are injury prone for whatever reason. If his diet and/or preparation isn't up to scratch then that's disappointing but otherwise I'm not sure how he could be at fault.
You are nearly there ….
Diet & preparation ….. there u go 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
He's stubborn with positional changes, so it's possible.

At the end of the day though Hawkins and Cameron kicking an extra half dozen between the two of them isn't going to be the difference between a win and a loss for us. If Mckay is persisted with forward I personally won't do much more than shrug my shoulders and hope he and Larkey work better together. I don't even care about his shitty goal kicking, we just need the structure to improve.
The last time we played Geelong Walker played on Cameron and Corr played on Hawkins, two match ups that were beyond disbelief. Cameron ran Walker ragged and Corr was simply too small for Hawkins.

Tomorrow Walker to go body on body with Hawkins and Corr to run with Cameron which the obvious way to go for anyone with half a brain.

We have to score and McKay took 3 contested marks last week. He could kick multiple goals which Larkey or Zurhar haven't look likely to do all year. This is an experiment that has to happen. I would like Larkey to have a go down back as well.

The midfield have to not turn the ball over so predictably and it may not be horrible. Our midfield is our major problem as without Cunners we suck.

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The last time we played Geelong Walker played on Cameron and Corr played on Hawkins, two match ups that were beyond disbelief. Cameron ran Walker ragged and Corr was simply too small for Hawkins.

Tomorrow Walker to go body on body with Hawkins and Corr to run with Cameron which the obvious way to go for anyone with half a brain.

We have to score and McKay took 3 contested marks last week. He could kick multiple goals which Larkey or Zurhar haven't look likely to do all year. This is an experiment that has to happen. I would like Larkey to have a go down back as well.

The midfield have to not turn the ball over so predictably and it may not be horrible. Our midfield is our major problem as without Cunners we suck.
Yep put Larkey on Hawkins for a bit, see if he can learn a bit from him about forward craft

Yep put Larkey on Hawkins for a bit, see if he can learn a bit from him about forward craft
Big Tom’ll tell him to eat more and leave his fekkin hair alone

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Selection is very strange. 3 known commodities getting back in the side

Mahoney- Is not the answer to any of our issues and should be phased out over the next 2 years, however he did play well and earn is spot back. Have to reward form especially in a bad side. That’s fine

Atu- Weird selection as his form isn’t amazing, struggles as a lockdown defender and with his concentration. Like everyone else I see it as a missed opportunity to reward Goater for his form, also we saw Archer debut before he was probably ready but he stepped up to the level and didn’t look out of place and I’d be very confident Goater would be similar off a wing or HB

Young- I don’t dislike him, prone to errors but is brave and is a decent interceptor. I personally would’ve made im him come back through the 2s and debuted Dawson to play on Rohan with Bonar coming gout of the side.

Cupboard pretty bare, but you’d think with Dawson being a needs pick up and our 2nd rounder showing nice form and more than most in the senior team that you’d swing some ballsy changes

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Selection is very strange. 3 known commodities getting back in the side

Mahoney- Is not the answer to any of our issues and should be phased out over the next 2 years, however he did play well and earn is spot back. Have to reward form especially in a bad side. That’s fine

Atu- Weird selection as his form isn’t amazing, struggles as a lockdown defender and with his concentration. Like everyone else I see it as a missed opportunity to reward Goater for his form, also we saw Archer debut before he was probably ready but he stepped up to the level and didn’t look out of place and I’d be very confident Goater would be similar off a wing or HB

Young- I don’t dislike him, prone to errors but is brave and is a decent interceptor. I personally would’ve made im him come back through the 2s and debuted Dawson to play on Rohan with Bonar coming gout of the side.

Cupboard pretty bare, but you’d think with Dawson being a needs pick up and our 2nd rounder showing nice form and more than most in the senior team that you’d swing some ballsy changes
For starters Dawson only just got through 3/4 gametime in the VFL coming back from injury. Expecting a full game this weekend. I assume if (when) he gets through that unscathed and then pulls up alright during the week that he'll be in the frame for selection.

Goater I feel you, but maybe gunshy after Bergman got obliterated.

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For starters Dawson only just got through 3/4 gametime in the VFL coming back from injury. Expecting a full game this weekend. I assume if (when) he gets through that unscathed and then pulls up alright during the week that he'll be in the frame for selection.

Goater I feel you, but maybe gunshy after Bergman got obliterated.
I get what you mean with Dawson and it’s not the worst selection with young. Dawson injury was 1 (or two I can’t remember) weeks so hopefully not a lot of fitness lost, but I do agree next week probably makes more sense.

Yes Bergman wasn’t ready, but Bergman was 68kg and Goater was drafted at 80 and looks to have put on a little bit. He’s bigger than Scott and CT. They mustn’t like apart of his game, not even an emg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back