Preview Round 16 changes v Cats @gmhba Saturday night July 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

but it was a mistake from the selectors to even let him play in the first place.

This should be quoted in any conversation about Thomas.

We are a mess if we don’t have anyone in the club who can say, nah that is not a good idea.

He also shouldn’t be playing this week but we’ve effectively made a rod for our own backs now.

I’d almost give him this week if he wants it, but with a pretty clear rider of you need to show something or you’ll wind up back in the twos.

But it is a shitshow from start to finish and it ain’t all on Tarryn.

Sounds like Goater had a great game in the twos today, not sure debuting him at the Cattery against the Cats would be a great idea but must be close.
I’d bring Goater in and rotate archer out. He’s had his taste but still not quite ready

Perez in for scott

CJ in for a ruck

FFS Gbong players have the fattest heads in the competition, they will so full of themselves they’ll already be working out what’s the record for number of individuals goal scorers and how many per player in a game. In fact I’d be telling our boys that they’re keeping a book on that and will be rotating their players through positions at quarter time half time and three quarter time to make sure each one kicks 2-3 each. Seriously they will be so full of themselves I wouldn’t be surprised if we win the first quarter and lose by less than 40points 😎

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
The incentive for them is there to put a break on their competitors percentage. I’m not even prepared to watch this one on tv.

F*** it. Walker had 6 kicked on him. Ive seen enough. Play Dawson. Turner gave away 50 that killed the game. F*** him off. Simpkin? F*** him off. Greenwoood? F*** him off.
Imagine the hack kicks forward on Saturday night with Geelongs half back picking off each and every kick forward. Why ******* bother turning up with these s**t campaigners.

Play Dawson. Play Spicer. Play Lazzaro. WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE

IN: Dawson Perez Young Spicer Lazzaro
OUT: Walker Turner Simpkin Greenwood Scott

B: Corr Dawson Archer
HB: McDonald McKay Hall
C: Stephenson LDU Taylor
HF: Thomas Xerri Zurhaar
F: Curtis Larkey Spicer
R: Goldstein Powell Anderson
I: Bonar Perez Young Lazzaro

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
F*** it. Walker had 6 kicked on him. Ive seen enough. Play Dawson. Turner gave away 50 that killed the game. F*** him off. Simpkin? F*** him off. Greenwoood? F*** him off.
Imagine the hack kicks forward on Saturday night with Geelongs half back picking off each and every kick forward. Why ******* bother turning up with these s**t campaigners.

Dawson didn’t play the whoLe match on the weekend. His time was being managed. His size didn’t strike me as being key position either. He would want to develop a scott Thompson type ticker to make it at AFL level.

Errol Street

All Australian
Jun 2, 2007
Errol Street Nth Melb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This should be quoted in any conversation about Thomas.

We are a mess if we don’t have anyone in the club who can say, nah that is not a good idea.

He also shouldn’t be playing this week but we’ve effectively made a rod for our own backs now.

I’d almost give him this week if he wants it, but with a pretty clear rider of you need to show something or you’ll wind up back in the twos.

But it is a shitshow from start to finish and it ain’t all on Tarryn.

Bullshit mate he would have had the choice yo boy play he chose to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dawson didn’t play the whoLe match on the weekend. His time was being managed. His size didn’t strike me as being key position either. He would want to develop a scott Thompson type ticker to make it at AFL level.
If that’s the case bring Hayden back in.
It really doesn’t matter though does it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really doesn’t matter though does it

Nope.

We have no clear repeatable method of ball movement.
We lack pressure on the ball carrier at most points over the ground.
We pay almost no attention to what the opposition structure like or how they move the ball.
Every opposition team only needs to do the most basic of opposition analysis on us because we are so stale.
We are hamstrung by list and development holes.
and the players aren't even executing what we are trying to do.

The honest answer to your question is no, it doesn't matter, not even remotely.

Roos92

All Australian
May 29, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The changes don't interest me or remotely matter.

I am 29 and I think this will be one of the first weekends in my life supporting North that I pretend there is no game on and zone out from footy completely.

What we saw last week (most previous) is an absolute abomination and on par with Melbourne and Carlton at their worst. I realise it is only footy and there are more important things in life, but I am so attached to this club that it is destroying my soul.

For the good of my mental well being and my girlfriend's wellbeing i feel it is better to turn off at least for a couple weekends and try and find another hobby that makes me happier.

Good thing the game is at that s**t heap so attending is completely out of the question.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Are we even discussing team changes here simply because we are going through the motions by doing so? Is changing a few players due to injuries going to help our fortunes? We certainly couldn't be changing players due to poor performance, because they are all mostly performing poorly for various reasons.

Short of taking the whole team off the field and substituting them with Melbourne players and putting them into North Melbourne jumpers. Even then, David Noble would somehow figure out a way to mis-position them all over the field and confuse and disinterest them too. :huh:

I am 29 and I think this will be one of the first weekends in my life supporting North that I pretend there is no game on and zone out from footy completely.

What we saw last week (most previous) is an absolute abomination and on par with Melbourne and Carlton at their worst. I realise it is only footy and there are more important things in life, but I am so attached to this club that it is destroying my soul.

For the good of my mental well being and my girlfriend's wellbeing i feel it is better to turn off at least for a couple weekends and try and find another hobby that makes me happier.

Good thing the game is at that s**t heap so attending is completely out of the question.

A Goater debut would interest but otherwise agree

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
If we don't seem to value McKay in defence then I'd like us to bring in CCJ as a forward option instead.

Hope Archer gets all the final 8 games. He'll certainly have his hands full vs the Cats.

Tarryn shouldn't play irrespective of how he feels, his performance was poopy. Spicer in for him, see how he goes crumbing at Larky and CCJs feet.

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep Spicer in and CCJ as well. I’d play CCJ out of the square with Spicer and Curtis at his feet. Larkey at CHF and NOT roaming all over the ground. Structure ahead of the ball surely helps with players coming out of defense and we are the worst team exiting defense I’ve ever seen.

The bye weekend was the best.
No North game on and weather was great. I’m going away next week so the nightmare ends for me early

Krakouer Bonar

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You'd be a blast at parties....

You'd be a blast at parties....
Oh look it’s a post I don’t like (inserts generic comment)

You’re the type of poster who lacks the passion or understanding to interpret a comment on face value. This board certainly isn’t for you. So why are you here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back