Preview Round 16 changes v Cats @gmhba Saturday night July 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Goater had a great game in the twos today, not sure debuting him at the Cattery against the Cats would be a great idea but must be close.
From memory Trent Dumont debuted against the Cats down there & we won. Came on as a sub (?) & kicked a stirring goal in the last quarter.

Edit: apparently this was my 5,000th post.
01614275-43F8-499D-A383-D7BB8E13C331.gif

Last edited:
BTW for those watching from home Saturday night.

I was at that game. From memory it was Corey Jones’s first game. We had a bad start to the year and it was a must win game for us. It was absolutely bucketing all day. We smashed them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was at that game. From memory it was Corey Jones’s first game. We had a bad start to the year and it was a must win game for us. It was absolutely bucketing all day. We smashed them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same. Travelled over from Adelaide with a high school mate & his parents. We got so wet. Coldest I’ve ever been. Couldn’t even open the zip to get change out of my wallet to buy a jam donut.
Carey kicked a goal from about 60m out & it slid along the soaked ground for about fifty of that.

Too all you soft utensils moaning and groaning about not even watching the game on telly on Saturday night thank you, you’ve made it easy for me to buy my vline ticket and get my arse down to the cattery (again) our players need as many of us there possible, if you think you’re in pain try and imagine how they will feel. Oh and by the way Gbong can GAGF 🖕
I went down to watch Brissie and Geelong earlier this year and I was quite impressed with the ground. When its completed it will be a ripper ground to watch a game of footy. I do not know the final capacity however.

We got a ticket along the wing right next to the unfinished bit of the ground.

I agree it is important to get some support down there

Does anyone have this weird feeling of the Swans loss? A very competitive performance?

Something similar to this is posted most every week.

Nope no feeling, we suck, we will continue to suck.

I just want 1 thing to happen. I want us to score more than we did last time we went down there. More than 2 goals to be scored :p

Young comes in for Scott. TT might have a rest and Goater might get a shot. Archer has another go.

Might not be de-pantualisation everyone thinks. Last couple of times we've played them, maulings were tipped but never eventuated, same V Melbourne a few weeks back. It might be in the vicinity of 30-40, but Im not expecting an annihilation.

Oh look it’s a post I don’t like (inserts generic comment)

You’re the type of poster who lacks the passion or understanding to interpret a comment on face value. This board certainly isn’t for you. So why are you here?
Well,

All I have seen from you is a lot of complaining, negativity and foul language. And from your response to me, it doesn't look like its abated.

If this 'board' isnt for me - which quite frankly doesn't concern me because its, well, bigfooty, then I suggest this game isn't for you.

Have a delightful day!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have this weird feeling of the Swans loss? A very competitive performance?

Out: Scott
In: Young

Thats the only change I can see happening.
Nup. Admire the optimism but this will be a slaughter. If Geelong stay in second gear for all of it, it'll be around 70 points. If they have a period of 10 minutes or more of their best footy, it'll be 100+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want 1 thing to happen. I want us to score more than we did last time we went down there. More than 2 goals to be scored :p
The last time we played at Kardinia Park was Round 5 last year (after four heavy defeats to start the season) and we lost 7.5.47 to 10.17.77. I'd take that result this weekend.

The game you are probably thinking about was Round 21 2019 when we lost 1.8.14 to 9.15.69.

F*** it. Walker had 6 kicked on him. Ive seen enough. Play Dawson. Turner gave away 50 that killed the game. F*** him off. Simpkin? F*** him off. Greenwoood? F*** him off.
Imagine the hack kicks forward on Saturday night with Geelongs half back picking off each and every kick forward. Why ******* bother turning up with these s**t campaigners.

Play Dawson. Play Spicer. Play Lazzaro. WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE

IN: Dawson Perez Young Spicer Lazzaro
OUT: Walker Turner Simpkin Greenwood Scott

B: Corr Dawson Archer
HB: McDonald McKay Hall
C: Stephenson LDU Taylor
HF: Thomas Xerri Zurhaar
F: Curtis Larkey Spicer
R: Goldstein Powell Anderson
I: Bonar Perez Young Lazzaro

Simpkin was one of our best. His kicking let him down a bit, but he’s not being played in a role that plays to his strengths. He hasn’t sooked about it and is having a crack.

AFL R16 in the mix: Who comes in for Scott?​

A trip down the highway awaits the North Melbourne Kangaroos this week, with the team in royal blue and white hitting the road to take on Geelong
By Dan Woods - North Media -

Lachie Young is once again available for selection this week after enduring the one-match suspension picked up against GWS. While he’s played predominantly on the wing this season, he’s more than capable of playing in defence.

Should Young be a required influence on the wing Luke McDonald could drop back into his traditional position in the backline.

If some extra height is required to combat the threatening forward duo of Tom Hawkins and Jeremy Cameron, the strong form of Matt McGuinness could be rewarded with an AFL debut.

The young Tasmanian has been a near ever-present in the Kangaroos’ backline at VFL level this season and has taken his game to a new level in 2022.

A strong intercept mark and good decision-maker with the ball in hand, he particularly impressed with his offensive output in last week’s VFL win over the Northern Bullants, consistently finding teammates high up the field with accurate kicking.

First-year player Josh Goater put in his best performance of the year against the Bullants and could be the most like-for-like replacement for Scott.

He flew back with courage for a number of high-quality intercept marks, while the intent he showed with his tackling left nothing to be desired. He was a bull in the back half of the ground and was crucial in a defence that restricted the opposition to just six goals.

Kyron Hayden is also available after being named as an emergency for the clash with Adelaide, while Atu Bosenavulagi was another solid performer at VFL-level.

Midfield pair Charlie Lazzaro and Callum Coleman-Jones are absolutely banging the door down for a recall to the senior side, with the pair once again amongst North’s top performers at VFL-level.

Coleman-Jones has been dominant in the ruck for the reserves, and he finished Sunday’s clash with the Bullants with 28 disposals, 12 clearances and a goal. Should Ben McKay return to defence ‘CJ’s’ best route back into the senior side could be as a makeshift key forward.

He’s proved his quality as a marking target inside 50 before, notably kicking three goals against the Kangaroos while playing for Richmond last season.

Lazzaro had no trouble finding space in a wet and muddy contest at Arden Street on Sunday, and he was especially effective when running into open space down the right-hand side of the ground.

He’s been playing as an inside midfielder in recent weeks to help improve his decision-making and defensive side of the game, but his ability to play almost any small position in the midfield or forward line could help his case for a recall.

Jack Mahony and Phoenix Spicer played their pressure forward roles to perfection against the Northern Bullants, with the pair combining for four goals and 14 tackles.

Eddie Ford opened the game against the Bullants with a wonderful goal on Sunday, but this weekend’s game might be too soon for a recall after his ankle injury.

Pat Walker was also strong in the VFL. He was a good offensive threat from the wing but just couldn’t find the big sticks - he had two behinds for the day.

Mid-season draftee Kallan Dawson will more than likely build on his maiden VFL performance for the club with at least one more game at reserve level after coming back from an ankle injury.

Looks like anyone could be in.

Simpkin was one of our best. His kicking let him down a bit, but he’s not being played in a role that plays to his strengths. He hasn’t sooked about it and is having a crack.
I guess in the current climate players that don't sook is now the pass mark.
His kicking is deplorable and his decision making is no better, not to mention his defensive work.
One of our bests is a joke.

Too all you soft utensils moaning and groaning about not even watching the game on telly on Saturday night thank you, you’ve made it easy for me to buy my vline ticket and get my arse down to the cattery (again) our players need as many of us there possible, if you think you’re in pain try and imagine how they will feel. Oh and by the way Gbong can GAGF 🖕
2855E1C1-452D-4A9B-83C3-E1649BE8824B.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back