Preview Round 16 changes vs crows after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it known what his injury is and how long he'll be out for?
I’m assuming it can’t be that serious if we didn’t name him on the injury list

Powell played out the last game fine and apparently didn’t do any training this week so couldn’t have gotten injured

And more just carrying a niggle/ precautionary (1 week thing)

I’m assuming it can’t be that serious if we didn’t name him on the injury list

Powell played out the last game fine and apparently didn’t do any training this week so couldn’t have gotten injured

And more just carrying a niggle/ precautionary (1 week thing)
Does anyone know the injury actually is though? Seems to be some mystery about it.

When a team is carrying McDonald and Zeibell in the backline its not that hard to work out where the holes are.

In fairness, I genuinely don’t think that’s it. Both those players are solid competitors - not world beaters, by any means. However, I struggle to come to the conclusion that they’re the reason we’re being flogged. They’ve driven me to distraction at times over the last couple of years because of their obvious limitations . That has been because I’ve, probably, expected too much from them. The fact that they are mature players who’ve played in a couple of preliminaries has led to that. The real reason is, most likely, the departure of guys like Wells, Waite, Boomer, Dal Santo, Thommo, Spud, Petrie, Tarrant, Levi, even Cunners. Basically, poor old Jack and LMac have just defaulted to whipping boy status. After all, Atley, Mason, Clarke, Dumont and Gibbo are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In fairness, I genuinely don’t think that’s it. Both those players are solid competitors - not world beaters, by any means. However, I struggle to come to the conclusion that they’re the reason we’re being flogged. They’ve driven me to distraction at times over the last couple of years because of their obvious limitations . That has been because I’ve, probably, expected too much from them. The fact that they are mature players who’ve played in a couple of preliminaries has led to that. The real reason is, most likely, the departure of guys like Wells, Waite, Boomer, Dal Santo, Thommo, Spud, Petrie, Tarrant, Levi, even Cunners. Basically, poor old Jack and LMac have just defaulted to whipping boy status. After all, Atley, Mason, Clarke, Dumont and Gibbo are gone.
In the case of Jack, he was playing well in the earlier part of the season and it was great to see. But, I guess you can defy age for only so long. At his best, Jack has been inspirational but his ceiling was never elite.

In the case of McDonalds, it's not a default position; he's earning it along with Corr.

In the case of Jack, he was playing well in the earlier part of the season and it was great to see. But, I guess you can defy age for only so long. At his best, Jack has been inspirational but his ceiling was never elite.

In the case of McDonalds, it's not a default position; he's earning it along with Corr.

Ever since the Freo game, at least, LMac has caused me to pound the couch more than any other player. It’s his total inability to break free from anything resembling a tackle that galls me most. However, my younger, more knowledgeable sons, tell me I’m being unfair on him. So, I’m withholding my final judgment on him until if/when we are genuinely competitive all over the ground again.

Ever since the Freo game, at least, LMac has caused me to pound the couch more than any other player. It’s his total inability to break free from anything resembling a tackle that galls me most. However, my younger, more knowledgeable sons, tell me I’m being unfair on him. So, I’m withholding my final judgment on him until if/when we are genuinely competitive all over the ground again.
On those few occasions my son and I have watched a game together, and even in conversations about games or the season in general, he too seems to want to moderate any passionate reaction I might have. If you can't vent frustration (and joy) about the state of your team to a fellow supporter, even your own offspring, who can you do this with? ...enter BF!

On those few occasions my son and I have watched a game together, and even in conversations about games or the season in general, he too seems to want to moderate any passionate reaction I might have. If you can't vent frustration (and joy) about the state of your team to a fellow supporter, even your own offspring, who can you do this with? ...enter BF!

🤣 Dad, seriously - BigFooty!

This makes a mockery of our so called fortress blundstone. The sooner we're out the better
Sooner we get out of Tasmania the better.

Greenwood had a great first quarter against the Dogs then went on to do eff all after quarter time. Probably still in his honeymoon phase. hes definitely not conditioned lol

Tucker played well in the VFL 2 weeks ago but hes better at Marvel. Dont mind Tucker but Id have left him in the VFL for another week or 2.
Powell injury is a weird one. Must have been something in the last 24 hours.

The fact were taking McKay, Ziebell and McDonald into another game together is basically white flag stuff. Bergman coming back into the 22 is a positive.

God help us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to your sons, they’re smart.

I’m sure some learned BF posters could disagree or provide alternate opinions, however he and Dylan Smith are are worst first round picks of this 23 year old century

I’m sure some learned BF posters could disagree or provide alternate opinions, however he and Dylan Smith are are worst first round picks of this 23 year old century
What a pathetic post. He’s a Syd winner and captain.

Go back and look at my post from the Dogs game. Everyone saying he played s**t and I went through the replay and listed every involved he had. He got blamed for all sorts of s**t he didn’t do. And his good stuff was completely ignored.

What a pathetic post. He’s a Syd winner and captain.

Go back and look at my post from the Dogs game. Everyone saying he played s**t and I went through the replay and listed every involved he had. He got blamed for all sorts of s**t he didn’t do. And his good stuff was completely ignored.
Mate, Brady Rawlings won three Syd Barkers. It isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Co-captain, in a year where he falls in the right demographic for such a role. Neither of which, by themselves, necessarily invalidate the opinion.

Regarding your forensic work, it would be good if you acknowledged that you tend to look for evidence to support your opinions, positively with McDonalds, and negatively with Stephenson. That is, it has a subjective element in what you look for, what you notice, and how you report it.

Mate, Brady Rawlings won three Syd Barkers. It isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Co-captain, in a year where he falls in the right demographic for such a role. Neither of which, by themselves, necessarily invalidate the opinion.

Regarding your forensic work, it would be good if you acknowledged that you tend to look for evidence to support your opinions, positively with McDonalds, and negatively with Stephenson. That is, it has a subjective element in what you look for, what you notice, and how you report it.
Nope. Unless you go back through the replay and show me where I was wrong then you are wrong. I pointed out his mistakes as well as what he did well. They weren’t opinions, they were facts.

My observations on Stephenson are also correct. I look at the bad stuff he does as well as the occasional good stuff. No one else seems to want to point out all his turnovers, while having a go at anyone else that might have 1 turnover.

This is pretty close to full strength for us.

It's an experienced side with pretty much all of our young guns except Powell who is probably fringe at any rate based on current form.

Don't know whether to be excited about the prospects of a stirling performance we announce to the footy world we are on the right path or fear that our best team gets pumped by 15 goals by a side on a similar developmental path to us.......

Ever since the Freo game, at least, LMac has caused me to pound the couch more than any other player.

Meme Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back