Preview Round 16: Changes vs Eagles + Pre-match Discussion (DERBY TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly - if you want to give our players mental health problems then abuse them.

If you want them to get better encourage and educate them.

There are some spineless keyboard warriors here...

Players are always getting abused on here but you suddenly decide to make an issue of it because you like the player that's copping it

There are some real hypocritical w***er on here

Fyfe didn’t get auto selected. Didn’t slow his progression to elite. I really like the Western Bulldogs selection policy. They seem to have the balance right. Young players mixed with experience.
I thought Stephen Hill, Fyfe, Suban, Morabito etc were all played ahead of their physical development.

Players are always getting abused on here but you suddenly decide to make an issue of it because you like the player that's copping it

There are some real hypocritical w***er on here
Mate. I think everyone here is judging you as a poor supporter and generally a poor person. I'll leave it at that.

I thought Stephen Hill, Fyfe, Suban, Morabito etc were all played ahead of their physical development.

That's like saying Rozee and Stephenson were. Cyril was a runt in his first year. If you're good enough you're old enough

How do you expect me to react to a post like this? What do you hope to achieve?

If you thought my original post about Cerra was over the top then ban me up that's your job but these blokes getting upset over it and not some of the crap written about other players this week is just beyond the pale for me

If the mighty Duman has had his papers stamped in favour of that slow scared pretender Sarah then I think I'll give the Dockers a miss for awhile and follow the Thunder , don't you have to have played a good first year to get the second year blues gold selection card ?
Sarah's played 1 good game 18 months ago and been pathetic this year

What a joke
The only joke here is you mate.

Y'all are seriously blaming the umpires already before the game has started? Are you serious? Grow a damn spine and stop making excuses before we even play. Just makes the rest of us look bad.

Some Free Kick and Umpire stats for those that are interested;

3 - Leigh Fisher
Has umpired 15 Fremantle games.
The total Free Kicks For and Against in those 15 games is 218 For vs 280 Against.
Freo have won the Free Kicks in 2 of those 15, had equal Free Kicks in 2 and lost the Free Kicks in 11 of the 15.

22 - Nathan Williamson
11 Freo games.
206 FF vs 222 FA.
Won FKs in 4, lost in 7.

32 - Jacob Mollison
15 Freo games.
282 FF vs 307 FA.
Won FKs in 4, equal in 1, lost in 10.

Additionally, in Western Derbies during Lyon's tenure (2012-) our Free Kicks stats are;
Total Free Kicks in 15 games, 245 Frees For vs 298 Frees Against.
Won the Free Kicks in 5, and lost the Free Kicks in 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused

Played Banfield all last year on ball and/or tagging. Went very well. This year he starts off half forward. Plays shithouse, loses confidence, dropped - back to the wafl playing mid, gains confidence, comes back, plays half forward again, plays shithouse again, omitted again and back to the WAFL again

Now we are about to do the same to Crowden. Just watch it happen.

Is it just me, or this blindingly obviously illogical? We play way too many players out of position for the sake of getting games....... All part of the rebuild I suppose

Totally agree with everyone re nyhuis and cerra too. Seems dumb. Made the same mistake with tippa!

If the weather keeps up as it is, then going small and fast could be the perfect approach - hopefully the opposition talls will just be slow and unable to mark the wet ball

On SM-T825Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately that kid of a former Freo player can mark pretty much anything

I'm confused

Played Banfield all last year on ball and/or tagging. Went very well. This year he starts off half forward. Plays s**thouse, loses confidence, dropped - back to the wafl playing mid, gains confidence, comes back, plays half forward again, plays s**thouse again, omitted again and back to the WAFL again

Is it just me, or this blindingly obviously illogical? We play way too many players out of position for the sake of getting games....... All part of the rebuild I suppose

Totally agree with everyone re nyhuis and cerra too. Seems dumb. Made the same mistake with tippa!
Unfortunately we didn't have the luxury of playing Banfield in your preferred position due to having an undermanned forward line. Also players don't always line up where they are named.

For the most part I like the changes, apart from Cerra out not much else they could do, but I don’t think this lineup can beat the eagles.

I'm confused

Played Banfield all last year on ball and/or tagging. Went very well. This year he starts off half forward. Plays s**thouse, loses confidence, dropped - back to the wafl playing mid, gains confidence, comes back, plays half forward again, plays s**thouse again, omitted again and back to the WAFL again

If we’re going to play a small or medium forward specially, play a Lachie Schulz or Ballas. Just dumb playing a natural trained midfielder in that HFF role. Never been an easy position for Freo.

If we’re going to play a small or medium forward specially, play a Lachie Schulz or Ballas. Just dumb playing a natural trained midfielder in that HFF role. Never been an easy position for Freo.
Banfield actually played his way into the side at the start of last year via his forward line play. He'll have to get a few strings to his bow to maximise his chances of getting a game.

Wait - Banfield came in for 1 game?

Was there a specific plan that involved Banfield playing against Carlton, but no other team?

'cos it didn't work.

Banfield was producing some good numbers for Peel.

Given some Lyon pressers/interviews that I've seen in 2019, I really don't think he feels comfortable now using a tagger.
He has mentioned it on more than one occasion as an example of how Freo are trying to be more attacking and less defensive.
Last year I'm sure he would have swung Banfield on to Curnow once the red alerts for Curnow clearance numbers went off in the coaches box.
If my suspicion isn't the reason as to why he didn't move Banfield on to Curnow, then I would very much like to know what was the reason ... because I reckon it probably cost us 4 points on Sunday. (Ed Curnow had his best game of his career, 20 Contested Possessions and 16 Clearances).

Banfield was producing some good numbers for Peel.

Given some Lyon pressers/interviews that I've seen in 2019, I really don't think he feels comfortable now using a tagger.
He has mentioned it on more than one occasion as an example of how Freo are trying to be more attacking and less defensive.
Last year I'm sure he would have swung Banfield on to Curnow once the red alerts for Curnow clearance numbers went off in the coaches box.
If my suspicion isn't the reason as to why he didn't move Banfield on to Curnow, then I would very much like to know what was the reason ... because I reckon it probably cost us 4 points on Sunday. (Ed Curnow had his best game of his career, 20 Contested Possessions and 16 Clearances).
What's more important is who was actually on Curnow and didn't wake the * up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back